Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

MaximumEd

I will get it back on track. Disney should not open yet. We have had under 200 new cases daily in Ontario Canada for the least few weeks and our amusement parks aren't opening yet. It blows my mind how a state that has 48 times that amount had no issues with it.

What frustrates me more is the places that have amusement parks open that Disney fans refuse to support them cause they aren't Disney.

Who are these Disney fans that refuse to support a local park? I can’t think of a single example of anyone on this board saying they wouldn’t go to a place that wasn’t Disney.

oceanbreeze77

I’m here now and there’s no turning back...unless the sky falls, they will open. Disney springs was slammed, and the poly pool area was decently busy. Lots of monorail testing.

Then opening is a matter of survival, because I guarantee they have issues “warming up” for this opening.0
The heat they are getting on all social media platforms right now might be a cause of concern for them.

Jrb1979

Who are these Disney fans that refuse to support a local park? I can’t think of a single example of anyone on this board saying they wouldn’t go to a place that wasn’t Disney.
I have seen quite a few who have posted about not going to their local park in years but go to Disney every year. Normally I travel the US in the summer visiting multiple parks. Last year I did 9 different parks. I honestly wish I lived closer to more parks. Kennywood and Cedar Point are 2 of my favorites. I honestly thought people that go to Disney also liked all amusement parks.

Old Mouseketeer

How about I won’t tell you to do your job, and you do the same.

Tylenol can cause fatal irreversible liver failure
Ibuprofin can cause GI bleeding and Renal Failure
Imodium if given to a person with c diff can kill them

Those drugs are over the counter, prescribed drugs have more risks. Hydroxychloroquine can cause prolonged QT syndrome especially in high doses. Prolonged QT can lead to Ventricular Fibrillation and sudden death. Does it happen to everyone? No, but statistics don’t matter when it happens to you. Don’t tell me how to do my job.

And don't get me started on the health risks from dihydrogen monoxide! Oh, the humanity!!! /snark

LittleBuford

Although I wouldn’t frame it in terms of “support”, you can count me as someone who has very little desire to go to any theme park that isn’t Disney. I’m talking about the pre-COVID days, of course; as things currently stand, I’m steering clear of all places of entertainment, including the Disney parks.

Giss Neric

It's more like Disney fans tend to not go to rollercoaster parks which is what comprises the majority of local parks cause rollercoasters are cheap and quick to build than the rides at Disney (although some Disney attractions are way over budget).

Lilofan

How well are those trains being cleaned? I'm sure if the management calls out the media to do a story on how great of a cleaning job is done on them that they will be more than certain to have workers cleaning the trains for the cameras as if they were going to feed their kids off the train floor.

But I'm also equally certain that the rigor that goes into cleaning the trains on a regular basis is far from the rigor they show for the media. You see that happen in everything where workers just don't take cleaning as seriously as they should on anything. Lord I've been in to many restrooms in restaurants where the workers either don't wash their hands at all or just rinse them and go, I don't think I can remember the last time I was in a restroom and I saw one of the workers actually rigorously washing their hands the way they should. You can bet that is the same way your trains are being cleaned as well.
If you think that's a concern, you really don't want to know the extreme lack of cleanliness and sanitation of a restaurant kitchen while food is being prepared and cooked during business hours. I've worked in the past in these locations in my younger days. If one found out, one would think twice about eating in that location again.

Lilofan

They’ll delay with less than a day to go if they really have to. Of course everyone involved hopes they don’t have to.
I'm sure that many things are considered along with cast members living in covid hotspots in Orlando and Kissimmee, going to work , not being tested prior to working each day with possible exposures to guests etc. The ones I know currently working are glad to be working but are very concerned. Chapek or his executives will need to step up and need facetime on the media circuit to reassure the public prior to re-opening. He will surely be earning his 50% pay cut in salary. If Iger gets out in front of the camera then he will be earning his salary or lack of it since he self imposed to take a 100% pay cut in salary.

Last edited:

lilypgirl

The heat they are getting on all social media platforms right now might be a cause of concern for them.
I have been reading their Twitter and the majority of people who are telling them they should stay shut down for the rest of the year and pay all employees while closed have probably never stepped foot into a Disney Park or have any idea on how to run a business or basic economics.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have been reading their Twitter and the majority of people who are telling them they should stay shut down for the rest of the year and pay all employees while closed have probably never stepped foot into a Disney Park or have any idea on how to run a business or basic economics.
Probably. Or probably not.

thomas998

If you think that's a concern, you really don't want to know the extreme lack of cleanliness and sanitation of a restaurant kitchen while food is being prepared and cooked during business hours. I've worked in the past in these locations in my younger days. If one found out, one would think twice about eating in that location again.
I'm aware of the problems... I just try not to think about them. I remember in a pizza place seeing dough dropped on the floor and then picked back up which was minor... I also remember one guy didn't like the person he was making a pizza for so he dumped an ashtray minus the cigarette butts on the pizza before covering it with cheese... or the worst of all one guy after closing decided to take a wiz in the ice machine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom