Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Touchdown

You're not a doctor. If were a doctor, you'd know that hydroxichloriquine is an extremely safe drug except for those who have serious cardiovascular issues. You would know that hydroxichloriquine has been prescribed routinely for fifty years as an antimalarial that is on par with the safety of other completely safe drugs like albuterol. There's just no way you could be a doctor and not know that... I know it just from having a conversation with my general practitioner.

The FDA has said hydroxichloriquine is not appropriate for emergency hospital use, which is what the latest study reinforces. The drug needs to be taken early in the infection.

I’m not going to dox myself, the board ops are free to contact me privately if they feel the need and I’ll confirm it to them. Trust me, I am a doctor. There is no such thing as a drug without side effects. However, I’ll state again, I’m a licensed MD practicing in a hospital.

Oskar

I’m not going to dox myself, the board ops are free to contact me privately if they feel the need and I’ll confirm it to them. Trust me, I am a doctor. There is no such thing as a drug without side effects. However, I’ll state again, I’m a licensed MD practicing in a hospital.

For what it’s worth, I believe everything you’ve said and appreciate your insight.

It’s just easier for some to attack and attempt to baselessly discredit anyone whose viewpoint does not align with their own. They’re best ignored.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Delaying the reopening would be dumb from a messaging stand point with regard to how effective the rules are.

The reason we have been told to follow safety rules is because they "work". So if a business can follow and enforce the rules there is no reason to not open as we would be "safe".

If Disney thinks they can't enforce the rules and that's why they need to close, then how could they ever open?

When this started we didn't have any "safety" rules and we needed to develop a plan.

Delaying the open regardless of what is happening in the world would send a message that the rules to keep us safe are BS.

Again, if the rules (mask, 6ft ect..) work, why close if a business can properly enforce the safety measures.

PS, If a specific business can't enforce the rules after they reopen they should be closed (bars, clubs). If Disney opens and is having lots of issues with enforcement, they should close. But to say they must close because OTHERS can't do it right is just DUMB.
The re-opening safety rules are designed for a successful and safe re-opening when the situation on the ground and in the country allows it. If the safety rules made WDW perfectly safe no matter what was going on with the virus then why didn‘t they implement them in April and re-open then? Obviously the answer is they wanted to wait until the local and national situation made it safe to open based on the advice of public health experts and government agencies. Delaying their re-opening now would not signal that their plans are bad, especially if the reason given is that they would be delaying until the current surge in cases subsides. I’m not saying whether they should delay the opening or not just that you can‘t look at the safety protocols in a vacuum. They have to be looked at in the context of the situation on the ground with the virus.

lazyboy97o

Delaying the reopening would be dumb from a messaging stand point with regard to how effective the rules are.

The reason we have been told to follow safety rules is because they "work". So if a business can follow and enforce the rules there is no reason to not open as we would be "safe".

If Disney thinks they can't enforce the rules and that's why they need to close, then how could they ever open?

When this started we didn't have any "safety" rules and we needed to develop a plan.

Delaying the open regardless of what is happening in the world would send a message that the rules to keep us safe are BS.

Again, if the rules (mask, 6ft ect..) work, why close if a business can properly enforce the safety measures.

PS, If a specific business can't enforce the rules after they reopen they should be closed (bars, clubs). If Disney opens and is having lots of issues with enforcement, they should close. But to say they must close because OTHERS can't do it right is just DUMB.
No precaution is perfectly safe. More infected persons around means more opportunities for failure.

thomas998

I’m not saying they should delay the opening, but on the long list of things that should and shouldn’t be open right now theme parks are beyond the mid point point and towards the bottom of the list. In other words if WDW delays their opening that’s a far cry from shutting the whole country down. Plenty of things can easily and safely be open and certain things can’t. I’m not saying WDW is in the “can’t be open category“ but it’s more problematic than a lot of other things.
I tend to think it would have made much more sense to open Disney only to people in Florida. Once it pulls in people from out of state it starts to be more problematic.

Jrb1979

I think this thread needs to get back on target. Especially since we have pages of irrelevant posts. Seems like at this point the question has been answered.
I will get it back on track. Disney should not open yet. We have had under 200 new cases daily in Ontario Canada for the least few weeks and our amusement parks aren't opening yet. It blows my mind how a state that has 48 times that amount had no issues with it.

What frustrates me more is the places that have amusement parks open that Disney fans refuse to support them cause they aren't Disney.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think this thread needs to get back on target. Especially since we have pages of irrelevant posts. Seems like at this point the question has been answered.
Being that the first parks open in a week unless they announce something tomorrow I’d say regardless of what anyone here thinks should happen they aren’t going to delay the opening. I seriously doubt they announce a delay a few days before the opening. I have no inside information but I feel that we are passing the point of no return.

DVCakaCarlF

I’m here now and there’s no turning back...unless the sky falls, they will open. Disney springs was slammed, and the poly pool area was decently busy. Lots of monorail testing.

Then opening is a matter of survival, because I guarantee they have issues “warming up” for this opening.0

WDW Pro

Being that the first parks open in a week unless they announce something tomorrow I’d say regardless of what anyone here thinks should happen they aren’t going to delay the opening. I seriously doubt they announce a delay a few days before the opening. I have no inside information but I feel that we are passing the point of no return.

I would be shocked for them to reverse course on Independence Day.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Since I don’t think I’ve had my say on this, which is weird because it is the thread topic, I’ll jump off from here.

I think the prudent thing to do is not open. I don’t really think we should be gathering in close knit groups of 10s of thousands. Not for theme parks or ball games or protests.

Having said that.....

I am kind of glad that Florida is powering through the case surge. If they come out the other side of this with the death numbers staying somewhat steady, then the lockdowns should be officially bunk.

And since I am of the belief that lockdowns cause more harm then good, I would love to see that outcome.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Mmhmm. Didn't want that video of Cuomo saying the trains were disgusting on April 30th, right before they began actually cleaning the trains two months into the pandemic like I said.
1CE64D3D-EA4B-4127-ACA3-89E846D816A9.jpeg

UNCgolf

Well, I think my doctor got it right. I'm sorry you fell for propaganda studies that only used it on the severely ill and dying in order to guarantee failing results. I wonder how many thousands have died unnecessarily.

This is unhinged. "Propaganda studies"?

You sound like someone incredibly uninformed about the world at large. Someone who only believes information that fits their preconceived notions and who is completely unable to process any new information that even slightly contradicts what they have chosen to believe. You should really try reading multiple sources and synthesizing that information so that you don't sound insane and/or ignorant.

Last edited:

thomas998

Let's see, your statement of trains Not being cleaned for two months ( false), and Cuomo commenting on the trains - two different situations. If you are attempting to tie them together to try to justify your statement it's not going to work.
How well are those trains being cleaned? I'm sure if the management calls out the media to do a story on how great of a cleaning job is done on them that they will be more than certain to have workers cleaning the trains for the cameras as if they were going to feed their kids off the train floor.

But I'm also equally certain that the rigor that goes into cleaning the trains on a regular basis is far from the rigor they show for the media. You see that happen in everything where workers just don't take cleaning as seriously as they should on anything. Lord I've been in to many restrooms in restaurants where the workers either don't wash their hands at all or just rinse them and go, I don't think I can remember the last time I was in a restroom and I saw one of the workers actually rigorously washing their hands the way they should. You can bet that is the same way your trains are being cleaned as well.

Giss Neric

When we think of Fourth of July fireworks show, we immediately think of Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Perfect time for Sea World to take advantage of it and get all the crowds.

Old Mouseketeer

I never said don't wear a mask but with the over 98% survival rate with covid I don't think catching it is a death sentence. You can wear a mask and not be part of the covid is the black plaque of 1300 mentality . I would honestly rather contract coivd than a variety of other viruses/diseases.

What about newer information that even those with "mild" cases of Covid can have long-term health effects? Doctors are finding that even with mild cases CT scans show lung damage similar to long-term smokers. This means the patients could have complications over time, such as emphysema or other lung conditions. The virus can also impact the brain, kidneys, and other organs. The issue isn't whether Covid=black plague. It's that it's a new virus and the long-term effects won't be fully known for years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom