Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

BrianLo

The US is still doing exceedingly well in deaths per million

9th (7th with two tiny island Nations removed) is not exactly "Exceedingly well". It is also the only Nation out of the top ten still posting significant numbers.

Furthermore it is also 5 times larger by population than the next largest nation in that top ten.

China did exceedingly well.

Lilofan

No, it's literally how the truth works. If you can't handle reality, you need to figure out how to face it. In New York and New Jersey they forced COVID patients into nursing homes... and many thousands died unnecessarily. That didn't happen in Montana, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Florida, Nevada, etc, etc, etc.
I and others have compassion and respect to the front line workers my family included who are on the front lines , but you made yourself known not to have feelings regarding these essential workers who put their lives on the line. That is something you need to get a grip about and perhaps show a little appreciation.

milordsloth

9th (7th with two tiny island Nations removed) is not exactly "Exceedingly well". It is also the only Nation out of the top ten still posting significant numbers. Furthermore it is also 5 times larger than the next largest nation in that top ten.

China did well... as far as we know. Other than that valid point.

WDW Pro

9th (7th with two tiny island Nations removed) is not exactly "Exceedingly well". It is also the only Nation out of the top ten still posting significant numbers. Furthermore it is also 5 times larger than the next largest nation in that top ten.

If you think China did exceedingly well, your understanding of the world is abysmal. And I'll take 9th out of 200 or so any day, especially when the third world countries have no infrastructure to test or report fatalities.

WDW Pro

I and others have compassion to the front line workers my family included who are on the front lines , but you made yourself known not to have feelings regarding these essential workers who put their lives on the line. That is something you need to get a grip about and perhaps show a little appreciation.

Please quote where I said anything derogatory about health care workers. That accusation is insanity.

BrianLo

If you think China did exceedingly well, your understanding of the world is abysmal. And I'll take 9th out of 200 or so any day, especially when the third world countries have no infrastructure to test or report fatalities.

Huh? 9th worst, not the 9th best.

US has 395 deaths per million. China 3. Whether you believe it is another story - but you were the one who celebrated the "great number".

WDW Pro

Huh? 9th worst, not the 9th best.

US has 395 deaths per million. China 3. Whether you believe it is another story - but you were the one who celebrated the "great number".

And China also didn't snuff out all of Hong Kong's democratic rights today. Whether you believe it or not is another story.

Clearly you didn't understand what I was saying about the less developed world, so I'll let someone else have a go at explaining it to you. All I can say is, if you don't have the technology to test for COVID, nobody in your country (or very few) can be counted as dying from COVID.

milordsloth

Whoopsie!

While interesting, this quote makes me think it won't affect opening at all: "The email indicates that Walt Disney World has not, as yet, recalled Equity members to work"

lilypgirl

That's a slap in the face to the hard working staff that work in nursing homes. Some of them are my relatives who are RNs who risk their lives everyday they go to work. Your opinion is a very sad view of the ones in those situations.
I get what you are saying but medical professionals whether you realize it or not have some risk associated with their job! Treating infectious disease are kind of part of the job even as rare as something like covid 19 is. We just need to make sure they are provided with all the necessary tools to do it as safely as possible.

BrianLo

And China also didn't snuff out all of Hong Kong's democratic rights today. Whether you believe it or not is another story.

Clearly you didn't understand what I was saying about the less developed world, so I'll let someone else have a go at explaining it to you. All I can say is, if you don't have the technology to test for COVID, nobody in your country (or very few) can be counted as dying from COVID.

Thank you but I understand what you are saying. Preface your statement with "I think", because you literally are just making things up.

The actual numbers (albeit totally inaccurate - including the US) are what you made a silly statement about. The numbers don't support your statement.

Out of 31 first world Nations, the US is the 7th worst - currently.

lilypgirl

While interesting, this quote makes me think it won't affect opening at all: "The email indicates that Walt Disney World has not, as yet, recalled Equity members to work"
That’s ridiculous why wouldn’t they offer testing? Our government has said testing should be free for everyone so why can’t Disney figure out how to do this for the group of employees. I literally would be good with a price increase if it provided the needed testing for employees.

Jrb1979

I get what you are saying but medical professionals whether you realize it or not have some risk associated with their job! Treating infectious disease are kind of part of the job even as rare as something like covid 19 is. We just need to make sure they are provided with all the necessary tools to do it as safely as possible.
We also need to keep opening things slowly to help them as well. I have said it many times, what has been done where I live should be done in the US. Our numbers have been low by opening slowly. We have not opened theme parks yet.

Prince-1

Thank you but I understand what you are saying. Preface your statement with "I think", because you literally are just making things up.

The actual numbers (albeit totally inaccurate - including the US) are what you made a silly statement about. The numbers don't support your statement.

Well said.

Prince-1

That’s ridiculous why wouldn’t they offer testing? Our government has said testing should be free for everyone so why can’t Disney figure out how to do this for the group of employees. I literally would be good with a price increase if it provided the needed testing for employees.

To answer your question...$$$.

WDW Pro

I literally just looked the numbers up on John Hopkins. The US has about 30 per 100k. Of those, the vast majority are concentrated in the New York area. Outside of that area, the US leads nearly every country. Additionally, I've been to many counties, and I can tell you that many nations just don't have the pharmaceutical capacity to test in mass. For example, I love Chile, but I've been in a Chilean hospital before, and they just don't have a system in the same stratosphere. If you want to talk further about how statistics are manipulated without context, private message me and I'll go in depth.

Sparksfly

Facts don't move for feelings.

What's worse... a state having a spike at the very beginning of a pandemic with no knowledge or idea of what they were facing and how to control it, without much help from the federal government, while the rest of the world was spiking as well? Or states spiking months after the pandemic had started, when other states and countries numbers were/are declining drastically, because they couldnt follow the clear, simple, and logic steps everyone else had found to aid in controlling the virus?

Its embarrassing if you ask me. These states couldn't get it together, played with fate, and got egg in their face because of it, and now we all have to suffer all over again. If it sounds like I'm mad about it, it's because I am, along with the majority of this country (even those in these states that are spiking, probably more so actually)..and world. Look that up for facts while you're at it if youd like. And no this isnt directed towards a specific person really...but this comment certainly inspired it. Now lets talk about those feelings moving facts and idiocy.

SoFloMagic

Again, the vast majority of viral spread in Florida is from Miami, likely due to evening protests. If Disney reopens it will be due to the spread not being anywhere close to Miami in the Orlando area.
Bro there were protests all over the state and they were outside. It couldn't possibly be from all the bars and clubs in Miami, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparksfly

New York has 30x the death of Florida. There's one area of the country that has egg on their face, and specifically the governors who ordered COVID patients be put in nursing homes.

At the beginning of a pandemic where people were getting it who had no idea they had it because there wasnt proper testing for it until after it had already spread. At that point it was already out of control and took months to get control of due to a number of things.... until idiots decided it was ok to not follow guidelines and now here we are again. The people who are causing the spike this time did it out of sheer carelessness and idiocy as you put it. It's clear you're devoid of some things and not worth the time it takes to type anything further. I refuse to bother with people who clearly thrive off of the attention they feel they get from the comments they make and so I'm going to use my better judgment and ignore it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom