Disney Springs Mask Enforcement

disneygeek90

In Ontario they are declining and they are starting to force masks. Explain how this makes sense. In Florida people act like it is a bad thing there are more positive tests. If anything it is showing just how microscopic the death rate actually is. It is at flu/pneumonia levels. I realize it is very hard for people to realize that the thing they have been so scared about is actually not that scary at all, but it is never too late to start thinking this way.
I hope it's not scary. I would love if it's not scary. But it's worth a little precaution just in case it is. Whining about masks is worth the risk of something scary not happening, imo.

Parker in NYC

It's a big city thing. Go to a beach in a small town. The tourists are free there. I know, I've been that tourist this year. It is quite refreshing without the constant reminder that there is a pandemic. No masks, no nothing. Just family fun on a beach like its...............2019. Eventually people will crave this again.

I am so confused. None of this answered my question.

G00fyDad

We need those $25 fines here in NYC. I don't care what the numbers say, I see people outside acting like it's gone.

It's not just NY. It's everywhere. My wife and I took our son to a fireworks store yesterday and not a single person was wearing a mask. Several looked at us very confused like we were walking around with no clothes on. Before anyone asks why we went to the fireworks store since it is not necessary I just want to point out that my son's birthday is July 4th and it is a pretty big deal at our house. He has always had fireworks at our house on his birthday and I was not about to skip it. When we went to the grocery for curbside pickup we watched people walking in and out of the store with no mask on. I could count maybe 10 to 15 people that were wearing one. I live in Indiana and it is still a Red state. People here think that if you are wearing a mask then you must be protesting He Who Must Not Be Named. :rolleyes: This COVID19 is never going to go away because as long as it is not them dead or laying in a bed face down with a ventilator fighting for their lives then it is not a real thing. So they just ignore it.

G00fyDad

I hope it's not scary. I would love if it's not scary. But it's worth a little precaution just in case it is. Whining about masks is worth the risk of something scary not happening, imo.

You'll never convince this person that masks make sense. They have made up their mind past all science and reason. They are right in their world and nothing said or proven will make a difference. Just don't engage. They are looking for a fight (argument).

Lilofan

It's not just NY. It's everywhere. My wife and I took our son to a fireworks store yesterday and not a single person was wearing a mask. Several looked at us very confused like we were walking around with no clothes on. Before anyone asks why we went to the fireworks store since it is not necessary I just want to point out that my son's birthday is July 4th and it is a pretty big deal at our house. He has always had fireworks at our house on his birthday and I was not about to skip it. When we went to the grocery for curbside pickup we watched people walking in and out of the store with no mask on. I could count maybe 10 to 15 people that were wearing one. I live in Indiana and it is still a Red state. People here think that if you are wearing a mask then you must be protesting He Who Must Not Be Named. :rolleyes: This COVID19 is never going to go away because as long as it is not them dead or laying in a bed face down with a ventilator fighting for their lives then it is not a real thing. So they just ignore it.
MAGA- Masks Are Great Again

G00fyDad

.....and apparently you, too, have your mind fully set.....but have at it.

I have read the science so yeah. I will "have at it". Science it not an option and not to be treated as "fake news".

Hey look..... More fake news huh? Forget where the lines represent. The blue line is mask wearing social distancing people. The red line is 90% of the people in this country doing as they please and believing that masks are harmful.
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.08.57 AM.png

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I have read the science so yeah. I will "have at it". Science it not an option and not to be treated as "fake news".

Hey look..... More fake news huh? Forget where the lines represent. The blue line is mask wearing social distancing people. The red line is 90% of the people in this country doing as they please and believing that masks are harmful.
View attachment 480673
It’s amazing how people continue to claim that it is impossible to keep new cases down, keep them down for any sort of period of time or that huge spikes are inevitable while it is actually happening.

eliza61nyc

It's a big city thing. Go to a beach in a small town. The tourists are free there. I know, I've been that tourist this year. It is quite refreshing without the constant reminder that there is a pandemic. No masks, no nothing. Just family fun on a beach like its...............2019. Eventually people will crave this again.
;)
I don't know Big Phil. Delaware (where I worked) just closed the bars and restaurants over the long holiday weekend because they have had a spike in covid cases.
Now I went to OCNJ last saturday and I made it a point to go early in the morning, so the beach itself is fine but the problem we've been seeing is that since the beach is really the only game in town, it's of course now super crowded. I usually go down the 4th of July but I'm skipping that too because it will be packed with no mask wearing folks who have no where else to go.

eliza61nyc

View attachment 480673

lol which may explain why we are currently "persona non grata" in much of the world.

Sans Souci

;)
I don't know Big Phil. Delaware (where I worked) just closed the bars and restaurants over the long holiday weekend because they have had a spike in covid cases.
Now I went to OCNJ last saturday and I made it a point to go early in the morning, so the beach itself is fine but the problem we've been seeing is that since the beach is really the only game in town, it's of course now super crowded. I usually go down the 4th of July but I'm skipping that too because it will be packed with no mask wearing folks who have no where else to go.

I want my husband to read this. :hilarious: We're going to Cape May today and I keep telling him it's going to be crowded because of the 4th coming up and because there isn't much else to do right now. I went to Longwood Gardens on Monday and it was empty. It was heaven.

eliza61nyc

I want my husband to read this. :hilarious: We're going to Cape May today and I keep telling him it's going to be crowded because of the 4th coming up and because there isn't much else to do right now. I went to Longwood Gardens on Monday and it was empty. It was heaven.

Wildwood just recently cancelled their fireworks. they were comfortable that people would be able to social distance with a normal crowd but now with every place else cancelling they were scared to have a mass influx from all the other shore towns. thanks for the Longwood tip, I wasn't sure if they reopened.

I think it's going to be tricky this week, weather is going to be hot and sunny combine that with nothing else to do. have fun Cape May is one of my favorites. ;)

Parker in NYC

Horrifying. I'm officially scared now and will say it to anyone who asks. To those who accused me of fear mongering, you're right on the money today. I am fear mongering, officially, as of 7/1/20. I think enough time has gone by to justify my reaction.

Parker in NYC

It’s amazing how people continue to claim that it is impossible to keep new cases down, keep them down for any sort of period of time or that huge spikes are inevitable while it is actually happening.

But is it really amazing at this point? You can't teach an old idiot new tricks. And they've been dancing this jig nonstop since WDW closed, if not longer.

NelleBelle

lol which may explain why we are currently "persona non grata" in much of the world.
We probably weren't the winning any popularity contests before all this started but I have to say, I am horrified and never thought I'd see the day where we would be banned from traveling to the EU! I really am kicking DH for not having taken a team position overseas. He had his choice of Norway or Ireland. He passed because he didn't want to disrupt the kids schooling. If only we had an accurate crystal ball!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom