Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

milordsloth

I don't know what a circle of solids is, but it sounds like a conversation you would have when you've been locked down for three months and are losing your mind.

Haha I meant "solid opinions" referring to how no one is getting their opinion changed on this thread. But you are not wrong that I'm losing my mind and need a Disney trip asap

Miss Bella

Haha I meant "solid opinions" referring to how no one is getting their opinion changed on this thread. But you are not wrong that I'm losing my mind and need a Disney trip asap
I just finished my second beer. You need to catch up.

I'm heading to California tomorrow. It will be my first hotel stay post-Covid. Will I get the free breakfast, free happy hour, will the gym be open, will there be housekeeping....I don't know, but I'm just happy to get away for a couple of nights. My 15-year old's favorite Pizza place is open so he agreed to go with me. Apparently, food is a very motivating to a growing boy because this trip is going to be as boring as it gets.

milordsloth

I just finished my second beer. You need to catch up.

I'm heading to California tomorrow. It will be my first hotel stay post-Covid. Will I get the free breakfast, free happy hour, will the gym be open, will there be housekeeping....I don't know, but I'm just happy to get away for a couple of nights. My 15-year old's favorite Pizza place is open so he agreed to go with me. Apparently, food is a very motivating to a growing boy because this trip is going to be as boring as it gets.

I'm not far behind, onto my next beer!

I hope you enjoy your California trip! I'm sure you guys will have a great time, even if all the amenities aren't there. Cheers!

DisneyDebRob

A friend of mine who was staying at the Double Tree Lake Buena Vista from July 7-15 just got word that they are not going to open July 1, today as planned. They had to cancel and moved their opening day to July 16. Feel bad for these people that have reservations and getting late notices that hotels decide to not open with what’s going on. I understand it but feel bad.

Kevin_W

Disneyland really suffered for quite some time with the Measles outbreak and the headlines that came from it

Did they? There were some headlines, but those measles cases were in late 2014/early 2015, if I recall. I don't see a slump in attendance:

1593603756199.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How could you possibly know where you got COVID. CM's have lives outside of work. I work on a COVID unit and only two of our staff have gotten it and they are both under 25, single and I suspect have active social lives. They had an outbreak at my husband's workplace. No one blamed it in on the employer. How could you?

Disney has made it very clear to the guests that they are not responsible. Hopefully, they have trained their staff well. At least 10 times during my shift I have to sign a waiver that I don't have symptoms and that if I'm found to be lying I can be terminated.
Does it matter if you know for sure for PR, I‘m not talking about legal liability. I could post a dozen articles that talk about an outbreak linked to a bar. We’ve all seen them here and in other places. Nobody can say for sure where those people got sick, but that doesn’t stop the news story from circulating. Same could very easily happen to WDW. I know some people don’t care and it wouldn’t bother them, but it still presents a problem for Disney with the masses if that occurs.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
If you don't need a gym. What do you do for exercise? Or is exercise in general bad?
Exercise is obviously good, never said anything to the contrary. If you want an honest answer, which I provided earlier too, DVD’s/Digital workout programs, a few free weights or home equipment get the job done. No need for gyms to be open now.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Universal has been open for almost a month and I haven't heard of any bad PR. I would like to think people are smarter than to buy into the hysteria. Don't both parks have the media on their side NBC and ABC.
The cases were much lower when Universal opened. I said this earlier, but Universal is actually much better off in this area because they opened earlier. If there is an outbreak in mid-July linked to Universal they can at least point to the first 6 weeks they were open as evidence that they thought it was safe to be open. If the same outbreak is linked to Disney the first few weeks they are open the narrative is going to be that Disney decided to open their parks despite a surge in new cases and it resulted in an outbreak. I don’t think either NBC news or ABC news would be prevented from reporting a story that makes WDW look bad. They may not have as negative spin, but they still would report it. The cable networks would be all over it too. Like I said, some people won’t care and will call it hysteria and fear of a virus and all the other buzz words, but Disney needs the masses to feel comfortable going to their parks, not just a subset.

carolina_yankee

My take is that is the “problem” that couldn’t be solved....

And I think they really wanted the nba bubble...to solve other problems...and couldn’t have it both ways

I totally agree that DVC made WDW very complicated.

Because of DVC, I could see Disney "pausing" further openings while still keeping open what is there (though it looks like some DS operations are making their own decisions). Just as DVC somewhat forces Disney's hand, DVC owners have to wrestle with the reality that they signed documents stating that the parks are not guaranteed to be open or even exist.

To be honest, it's a total mess right now anyway. Even if Tri-State residents were willing to quarantine when they returned from Florida, Florida still is locking us out. So, whatever Disney does is somewhat irrelevant to a large chunk of their ownership.

It will be interesting to see where the quarantines are in a month's time.

SoFloMagic

My gym is a lot less crowded now than it was pre Covid. Those of us that feel safe going go and those that don’t don’t. That’s how it should be.
This is the fundamental flaw in your thinking. Pandemics aren't things that impact one person. There is no you, just us. Every person you make contact with now is possibly exposed to what you exposed to.

This is literally why the government has rules about what can be open. They have a duty to protect people from you.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Promise, I did a search here before asking. I even searched the Florida Governor and state websites several times before searching here. I am having a hard time finding the answer to my question. Maybe I am just missing it.

Background: I live in upstate SC (Greenville specifically). The wife and I were watching a DFB video the other day. It mentioned the Florida travel ban (the 14 quarantine of persons coming from specific locations with lots of Covid-19 positive tests). We both heard it mentioned that South Carolina was on the list. We backed up the video to make sure we heard it accurately and sure enough Tri-State NY, NJ, CT, Louisiana and South Carolina were named. Florida and the Governor's E.O. only state "areas with substantial community spread, including NY tri-state area".

Can locals confirm or deny that SC is included in the quarantine?

The wife wants the family to come down 7/5 for a few days. Before I book at AKL-Kadani or BWV, I wanted to see if anyone can clear up DFB's statement.
Thanks in advance:)

Chip Chipperson

Promise, I did a search here before asking. I even searched the Florida Governor and state websites several times before searching here. I am having a hard time finding the answer to my question. Maybe I am just missing it.

Background: I live in upstate SC (Greenville specifically). The wife and I were watching a DFB video the other day. It mentioned the Florida travel ban (the 14 quarantine of persons coming from specific locations with lots of Covid-19 positive tests). We both heard it mentioned that South Carolina was on the list. We backed up the video to make sure we heard it accurately and sure enough Tri-State NY, NJ, CT, Louisiana and South Carolina were named. Florida and the Governor's E.O. only state "areas with substantial community spread, including NY tri-state area".

Can locals confirm or deny that SC is included in the quarantine?

The wife wants the family to come down 7/5 for a few days. Before I book at AKL-Kadani or BWV, I wanted to see if anyone can clear up DFB's statement.
Thanks in advance:)

I don't know what Florida's requirements are but I know that NJ, NY, and CT include SC on their list of states requiring a 14-day quarantine when travelling. If SC is still experiencing high levels of cases, then it's probably best to stay home regardless of what FL says. Why risk catching or spreading the virus to travel between 2 hotspot areas?

Miss Bella

Exercise is obviously good, never said anything to the contrary. If you want an honest answer, which I provided earlier too, DVD’s/Digital workout programs, a few free weights or home equipment get the job done. No need for gyms to be open now.
Gym is open. Gyms apparently are open at WDW. It wasn’t my descidionto to open the gym. Call my gym and tell them how you feel about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom