Key West issues statement on masks

Surfin' Tuna

Does the possibility of mask requirements on the ship and now obviously in KW affect your opinion on taking the April cruises? As you know we are on that same KW cruise, and I am apprehensive. We also have on scheduled in November. We are at final payment, and i think I'm going to cancel that one. I am just not sure I'm ready to have to wear a mask everywhere on the ship - open decks and all will be a chore to keep the mask on my face or even in my possession.

RememberWhen

We’ve got a cruise scheduled for February 2021?(rescheduled from July 2020). We’re assuming masks will be required on ship. I guess we’ll see if/when they finally get some ships back out this fall.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Does the possibility of mask requirements on the ship and now obviously in KW affect your opinion on taking the April cruises? As you know we are on that same KW cruise, and I am apprehensive.
Honestly, I'm willing to do almost anything to get on the ship. I will wear the mask, I will bathe in hand sanitizer before entering the restaurants if they ask me to :) To be serious, I totally understand the concern. And if I'm completely honest, I'm not even sure the cruise industry will be running in April -- especially if the dreaded "second wave" hits in January 2021. It's possible that there will be be a vaccine available, and if there is, then I think things go back to pretty much normal.

But if there's no vaccine and the ships sail anyway, then I think I'll be willing to do pretty much anything they require in order to board and sail.

We also have on scheduled in November. We are at final payment, and i think I'm going to cancel that one. I am just not sure I'm ready to have to wear a mask everywhere on the ship - open decks and all will be a chore to keep the mask on my face or even in my possession.
I can't blame you at all. I'll be surprised if it actually sails. It just depends on whether you want the refund or the 125% credit. I hope we meet in April. Fingers crossed!!

lostpro9het

Does the possibility of mask requirements on the ship and now obviously in KW affect your opinion on taking the April cruises? As you know we are on that same KW cruise, and I am apprehensive. We also have on scheduled in November. We are at final payment, and i think I'm going to cancel that one. I am just not sure I'm ready to have to wear a mask everywhere on the ship - open decks and all will be a chore to keep the mask on my face or even in my possession.
Nope, we’re in! We’re currently surviving 95/80 degrees/humidity in Orlando right now in a mask and, yes, it sucks so much . Id gladly forego disembarking at KW to be back on the ships. Heck, I can survive walking from the ship to the pub and back in a mask just fine after this week in Florida. Bear in mind masks will probably only be required while walking to and fro. Once you reach the pool, restaurant, pub, and such you can loose the mask. At least thats the recipe here in WDW right now.

Please baby jesus let us sail in the Spring! Save us Tom Cruise.

EOD K9

Just think of the terrible tan lines while at the pool. I had two cruises canceled this year and we are rolling those into a bigger one in August of '21. Like most of you, we are hoping that things will be mostly normal by then. If not normal, but better and the virus is more controlled, I will gladly wear a mask to get back into cruising.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom