Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlasoon

Let's just pretend that the garbage sold in the souvenir shops everyday isn't made in some 'sweat' shop using cheap 'yellow & brown' labor from the 3rd world with questionable worker rights to maximize profits. Disney really is dense as a company. It's just like Apple - pretend you care about some moronic virtuous cause & install suicide nets at your factories to stop workers from jumping because the work environment sucks. Virtue signal in America, build theme park in communist racist xenophobic ethnocentric country with millions in concentration camps.

Yea! You go Disney.

lentesta

Premium Member
Well, going from the Haunted Mansion to Colonial America to various periods of the South and the Western Frontier... that's all a mess if you want to tell a story either geographically or chronologically. I'm sure most people don't even think about it. :)

Are there story elements in HM that are later than, say, 1830? I hadn't thought about it, and now I feel like I need to.

Ldno

Let’s go protest in front of the Bobs houses? Also maybe they should get rid of their armed security details because the mob wants to abolish the police?
Also shouldn’t we get rid of security guards at Disney due to racial profiling?
They want to defund police but this will just pave for private police(armed security is private) with NO public offices to oversight letting them do what ever they want to, push your luck going to his house and see what happens, two warning shots will not work lolol. Everything now days is being pushed towards private companies Just like Space exploration IMHO

The underlining overtone of Splash mountain being gone forever strikes me just the same as Maelstrom leaving, we will cherish it on our memories forever. I hope Disney does a 4k video POV ride through before refurb though for their archives....

SpoiledBlueMilk

Set aside the politics. Set aside the passionate arguments on both sides. Let's just remember one thing: re-theming Splash means one of the truly great classic Disney rides will be lost. In its wake, we will get a ride with a few new animatronics and some projection mapping. They will try to do something they've never tried before - just like Mickey's new ride in DHS. That, in itself, is fine for a new attraction. Build a Princess and a Frog ride in the park - we need the capacity in MK! But like Maelstrom, Splash's soul will be torn out and replaced by something very IP driven that puts the tech before story. That's my fear. We will be left with an attraction that is less than. I never thought I'd say it about Disney, but I am worried that the replacement will be an inferior product because the original is so well loved. I mean, how many people identify Splash Mountain and Disney World interchangeably?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom