Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

peter11435

Perhaps it was too big to foresee, but I just hope that them missing a quarter of revenue doesn't lead to us, the end user, having to feel the effects for the next 20 years (which I know is going to be the case). I'm sure they'll find some way to hide it into their fees. What I'd really like to know is where their government stimulus money is/has gone to. Not saying they'll be shady with what they put the money toward, but I doubt they'll be transparent either.

I don’t think any company plans for a complete global shut down of operations for an over an entire quarter. The effects of this will certainly be felt for sometime, but I’m confident it will be a distant memory long before the 20 year mark.

Has it been confirmed that the company received any government money?

DVCakaCarlF

I agree, no excuse. The stitch issue is an example of a bigger problem.

This place literally prints money, and they act like a 20 year investment is going to crush them.

It’s an insult, and, if I ever meet either bob, I’ll be sure to tell them.

It’s one thing if this was in the back behind a bathroom, but it’s literally the first attraction into Tomorrowland.

rle4lunch

I don’t think any company plans for a complete global shut down of operations for an over an entire quarter. The effects of this will certainly be felt for sometime, but I’m confident it will be a distant memory long before the 20 year mark.

Has it been confirmed that the company received any government money?

I know initially they were supposed to be alloted some, but the amounts got real fuzzy real fast, and there is 0% oversight or controls in place on how the money is being spent by the companies that recieved it.

Ravenclaw78

I know initially they were supposed to be alloted some, but the amounts got real fuzzy real fast, and there is 0% oversight or controls in place on how the money is being spent by the companies that recieved it.
If the company did receive any government funds, the exact amount and terms of repayment will be included in their next quarterly SEC filing. I do not recall any such funds having been included in the three COVID relief bills and can't find any news articles indicating such either, but I could have easily missed something.

DVCakaCarlF

If the company did receive any government funds, the exact amount and terms of repayment will be included in their next quarterly SEC filing. I do not recall any such funds having been included in the three COVID relief bills and can't find any news articles indicating such either, but I could have easily missed something.
I do not believe they got any relief either.

peter11435

Who said they were “supposed to be allotted some.” I’m just generally curious of the source of this information.

HauntedMansionFLA

I agree, no excuse. The stitch issue is an example of a bigger problem.

This place literally prints money, and they act like a 20 year investment is going to crush them.

It’s an insult, and, if I ever meet either bob, I’ll be sure to tell them.

It’s one thing if this was in the back behind a bathroom, but it’s literally the first attraction into Tomorrowland.
They could expand Cosmic Rays - it’s always packed and it would be A great return on investment 😉

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This situation was unprecedented and beyond anything anyone anywhere planned for or anticipated.
Except, of course, the geniuses who were studying coronaviruses...

Given the shape of the two theaters, and the current international climate, they could easily re-purpose the building for a "Voyage Into Viruses." Project 3D models of current pathogens into the mist in the center, and wicker up some hokey "infection and response" scenario to reuse the sound system and SFX machinery.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Or they could just demo it. Its so bad that I wouldn't mind seeing it go.
Thing is, it's a absolute people eater. If it was demoed, where would everyone go? Tomorrowland Terrace? Now you'll have traffic jams getting through that area. And other eateries in the park would become busier.
Edit: Assumed you were talking about Cosmic Rays.

I don't disagree about CRs. I only eat there if I want to do some... "spring cleaning". And I only ate there once because of who we were with. Never again. Though I heard the fries were great.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Thing is, it's a absolute people eater. If it was demoed, where would everyone go? Tomorrowland Terrace? Now you'll have traffic jams getting through that area. And other eateries in the park would become busier.

I don't disagree about CRs. I only eat there if I want to do some... "spring cleaning". And I only ate there once because of who we were with. Never again. Though I heard the fries were great.
What could go into SGE with demoing the theatre? Vader encounters?? Or would that frighten the youngins?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What could go into SGE with demoing the theatre? Vader encounters?? Or would that frighten the youngins?

My armchair imagineering:

Play area full of hi-tech effects. For example, full LED walls in which children's outlines are displayed that mimic them and then an AI takes over and plays with them. Give them an air conditioned spot to run around crazy. Put in an observation lounge with a glass partition for parents (and sell them adult beverages). Stuff the place with Tomorrowlandish IPs: Incredibles, WALL*E, Star Wars, etc...

Of course, post-COVID-vaccine.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
My armchair imagineering:

Play area full of hi-tech effects. For example, full LED walls in which children's outlines are displayed that mimic them and then an AI takes over and plays with them. Give them an air conditioned spot to run around crazy. Put in an observation lounge with a glass partition for parents (and sell them adult beverages). Stuff the place with Tomorrowlandish IPs: Incredibles, WALL*E, Star Wars, etc...

Of course, post-COVID-vaccine.
So sort of a scaled down Play Pavilion that is a better thematic fit?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Yes. MK has an outdoor wet playground, no A/C'd indoor one. Perfect place to host the dance party du jour or on holiday nights.

At least it would be a usable space if only temporary while waiting for that perfect attraction they can't decide on.
I'd be on board with that. Minimal investment and put that space to use until they are figure out what to do with it long term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom