HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

HKDLer

New castle headboards for club level rooms at Disneyland Hotel
98185155_1604833122998604_922112689424039936_o.jpg

I wonder how many paintings have they produced for the castle transformation.
98358545_1608217805993469_3293066475132157952_o.jpg

101284946_1619581294857120_2101155476455555072_o.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/mrbpage

brihow

View attachment 474507
from Hong Kong Mainstreet Gazette Facebook.The front of the castle is done!
Love this particuar shot as it perfectly show the stylistic parallels between the new castle and mystic manor. No matter what I think of the new castle (and I do really like it), you have to give HKDL credit for finding their own aesthetic that is unique.

halbjobri

Love this particuar shot as it perfectly show the stylistic parallels between the new castle and mystic manor. No matter what I think of the new castle (and I do really like it), you have to give HKDL credit for finding their own aesthetic that is unique.

Yes!!! I was afraid that the red-blue colour scheme and jumbled towers would end up looking like a huge mess, but this is one of those rare cases where the actual thing is miles better than the concept art!!!

No Name

I'd love to see Mystic Manor in person, but one issue I have with the pictures I've seen is that it looks too "new," and almost plastic. Like it needs a bit of weathering. Anyone who's actually been there feel that way or is it better in person?

Walt never liked faux weathering, which is why even DL’s Haunted Mansion is looking mighty fine from the outside, and Galaxy’s Edge is a real stylistic clash. Walt’s way is by no means gospel, but he did have a good argument for it... evoking charm and positivity through representing each area in its golden age. Can you imagine if Main Street was looking weathered?

I personally don’t think Mystic Manor would benefit from weathering but it definitely does look like it underwent a number of renovations over a number of different time periods. The stones on the staircase practically scream new.

disney.dreams

Any word on reopening, they ran tests and then....that was it..
I think that the park will reopen when the group gathering ban is gone.
The ban has begun since 29th March and supposed to be ended on 18th June.
But the government tends to keep extending it, so let's see : )

No Name

Watch when it’s exactly the same track layout as SDMT.

As long as the coaster didn’t siphon off the budget from the big Marvel ride, it’s still an improvement over the dancing sleds.

lazyboy97o

I'd love to see Mystic Manor in person, but one issue I have with the pictures I've seen is that it looks too "new," and almost plastic. Like it needs a bit of weathering. Anyone who's actually been there feel that way or is it better in person?
Walt never liked faux weathering, which is why even DL’s Haunted Mansion is looking mighty fine from the outside, and Galaxy’s Edge is a real stylistic clash. Walt’s way is by no means gospel, but he did have a good argument for it... evoking charm and positivity through representing each area in its golden age. Can you imagine if Main Street was looking weathered?

I personally don’t think Mystic Manor would benefit from weathering but it definitely does look like it underwent a number of renovations over a number of different time periods. The stones on the staircase practically scream new.
I think better texture is what would help Mystic Manor more than weathering, which suggests something that has become a bit worn and neglected. Mystic Manor all reads as rather flat and plastic instead of the different materials like wood and stone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom