The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Sorry, had to log back in for this.
I worked with the same Vietnam Vet for a bit at 2 different firms back in my early days. He was such a funny-cool dude and never talked about his experience, and we respected that and never asked. Until, one evenin’ during our early firm tenure at a happy hour, after several drinks, a coworker asked. He decided to clear the air, I guess, and laid it out.
He was the gunner in charge of a 50 cal. deck gun on a river patrol boat. He told us how when they were fired upon he would just blow the gun into the trees into the incoming direction watching the tracer rounds and the enemy dropping out of the trees dead like flies as he fired. He said “Me or them. Any more questions...?” It was never brought up again, and we all just went about our business as usual.

Songbird76

We are going to go to West Virginia to a restaurant this weekend to celebrate my birthday

For lack of better words, that sucks.
When is your birthday? We've got a ton of celebrations to make up for that we couldn't have because of everything being shut down. But even though restaurants are opening up here, the restrictions still prevent us from having the celebrations with Oma and Opa, etc. Everything has to be done by reservation and you can only have 4 people unless you are a family in one household with more than 4 people. In one of the restaurants, they are only accepting 2 people per reservation unless it's a family in one household. And they can't have more than 30 people at one time, even if they have a large dining space that could house more and still be distancing properly. It will be a while before we get to go out with the family.

Songbird76

This has nothing tondo with what your post was really about but I noticed that Dicks didn’t get asterisked out, but with the comma before the s it did. :hilarious:
Glad T can enjoy some baseball.
I noticed that, too....why in the world does an apostrophe make a difference? Especially since the plural of the word they are trying to censor is still the same word. But it's kind of the same thing as "breast". You can use the single, but not the plural. Plural gets asterisked out.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Sorry, had to log back in for this.
I worked with the same Vietnam Vet for a bit at 2 different firms back in my early days. He was such a funny-cool dude and never talked about his experience, and we respected that and never asked. Until, one evenin’ during our early firm tenure at a happy hour, after several drinks, a coworker asked. He decided to clear the air, I guess, and laid it out.
He was the gunner in charge of a 50 cal. deck gun on a river patrol boat. He told us how when they were fired upon he would just blow the gun into the trees into the incoming direction watching the tracer rounds and the enemy dropping out of the trees dead like flies as he fired. He said “Me or them. Any more questions...?” It was never brought up again, and we all just went about our business as usual.

The River Rats had it rough. They got slaughtered in their little patrol boats. It off all the jobs in Vietnam, that would be really low on my list of ones I'd want to be assigned to. I'm glad your friend made it home.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Had to put this beast down on Monday afternoon. We took her to the vet about 3 weeks ago because she was weak and had a hard time getting up, come to find out she had arthritis in her back. She was fine for about a week when her back gave out again. She couldn't stand up on her own without help, and on sunday/monday she would walk around and then fall. To go from being fine to completely downhill in a matter of weeks broke my heart. She survived everything, from her seizures to her stomach issues (which almost killed her had she not pulled through), but I guess this time it was too much.

Attachments

• IMG_2609.JPG
    IMG_2609.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 2

MySmallWorldof4

When is your birthday? We've got a ton of celebrations to make up for that we couldn't have because of everything being shut down. But even though restaurants are opening up here, the restrictions still prevent us from having the celebrations with Oma and Opa, etc. Everything has to be done by reservation and you can only have 4 people unless you are a family in one household with more than 4 people. In one of the restaurants, they are only accepting 2 people per reservation unless it's a family in one household. And they can't have more than 30 people at one time, even if they have a large dining space that could house more and still be distancing properly. It will be a while before we get to go out with the family.
It was yesterday.

MySmallWorldof4

I noticed that, too....why in the world does an apostrophe make a difference? Especially since the plural of the word they are trying to censor is still the same word. But it's kind of the same thing as "breast". You can use the single, but not the plural. Plural gets asterisked out.
Does this mean we know how to get past the censors? :hilarious: :hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

Had to put this beast down on Monday afternoon. We took her to the vet about 3 weeks ago because she was weak and had a hard time getting up, come to find out she had arthritis in her back. She was fine for about a week when her back gave out again. She couldn't stand up on her own without help, and on sunday/monday she would walk around and then fall. To go from being fine to completely downhill in a matter of weeks broke my heart. She survived everything, from her seizures to her stomach issues (which almost killed her had she not pulled through), but I guess this time it was too much.
I am so sorry. It is so sad to lose a pet. One of our dogs passed a year ago on Tuesday. Still have her ashes on our mantel. Don't have the heart yet to bury them.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm so sorry {{HUGS}}

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom