Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

rreading

Seriously. I will never get why people always insist they should bulldoze this area.

I wouldn't really think that bulldoze/turn to concrete would be ideal but to me it's definitely been an awkward feature of an awkward park. Go in, turn right for RnRC and ToT; go straight pretty much for the other stuff. To the left kind of gets you to this and that. It's a confusing mishmash of repurposed buildings and non-descript restaurants. Star Tours, Muppets and Indiana's area are fine once you find them but they're haphazardly placed within the chaos. Echo Lake sits in the middle of that. To me, the water area at Disney Springs is nicer done, and apart from the curious dinosaur ice cream shop (does it reference something or is it just kind of kitschy like Dino-Rama?) there's fairly little to look at.

To me, it seems like doing anything would be an improvement in that area.

UNCgolf

Echo Lake sits in the middle of that. To me, the water area at Disney Springs is nicer done, and apart from the curious dinosaur ice cream shop (does it reference something or is it just kind of kitschy like Dino-Rama?) there's fairly little to look at.

It's referencing Gertie the Dinosaur, which is one of the earliest animated films (1914) and was the first to use a ton of animation techniques. Essentially it's another nod to the history of movies.

Last edited:

Bleed0range

I agree the show takes up a lot of space. Same with Echo Lake. It would be cool to see the area become a Amazon forest area with a couple of Indy attractions.

I am not sure why people think Indy should get a land since it hasn’t been relevant in over a decade. The last time it was truly relevant was 1989. I guarantee if the new film ever gets made it’ll be a blip on the radar. Ford is too old and Spielberg is no longer involved.

They would have to completely reboot the franchise to justify a land for a 30 year old movie franchise imo.

cheezbat

I am not sure why people think Indy should get a land since it hasn’t been relevant in over a decade. The last time it was truly relevant was 1989. I guarantee if the new film ever gets made it’ll be a blip on the radar. Ford is too old and Spielberg is no longer involved.

They would have to completely reboot the franchise to justify a land for a 30 year old movie franchise imo.
Because Indiana Jones is all about adventure and even if Ford is old, the idea of Indy is timeless.

HanSoloDolo

Spielberg is Producing. James Mangold (Logan, Ford v. Ferrari) is directing. If it gets made, it will make tons of money.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Don't let Universal and their Classic Monster Land know!

Bleed0range

Don't let Universal and their Classic Monster Land know!

I don’t know, that seems like more of a timeless thing than Indiana Jones. I’m a huge Indy fan and have been for years, other than when KOTCS came out the franchise gets almost no attention. No news, no games, not much of an online presence and no merch.

So a whole land dedicated to it seems shortsighted given how old the franchise is and how long it’s been seen it was truly a series of hit blockbusters like Star Wars.

That's why I think it would need the reboot to really become relevant like that again. Maybe when the new movie gets made it will reinvigorate the franchise enough to justify a whole land. Then again, we have Avatar land too.

I want more than anything to see a new Indy ride. More than I want necessarily even an Indy land.

The Grand Inquisitor

I disagree Indy is one of the most iconic characters and the movies are absolutely very popular and iconic. An entire Indy land would be massively popular and would help tie into the new movie.

rreading

I disagree Indy is one of the most iconic characters and the movies are absolutely very popular and iconic. An entire Indy land would be massively popular and would help tie into the new movie.

It's an interesting question. Is Indy just Harrison Ford or is his character compelling in itself?

The success of Solo suggests that it may just be Harrison Ford who made the character iconic.

Haymarket2008

It's an interesting question. Is Indy just Harrison Ford or is his character compelling in itself?

The success of Solo suggests that it may just be Harrison Ford who made the character iconic.

I think it is one of those instances where character and performer create that rare kind of magic. Imho, Indy doesn’t exist without Harrison. And vice versa. That isn’t to say that Indy isn’t compelling on his own, but I’m not sure it would be the same thing.
(I do wonder what it would be like to give the character the Bond treatment).

HanSoloDolo

While Han Solo being played by a different actor was definitely a factor, I would first point to the laundry list of behind the scenes woes, then lack of marketing, when figuring out why it wasn’t Star Wars level successful at the box office.

Purduevian

I actually liked Solo and thought Alden Ehrenreich did a great job. I think coming out less than 6 months after Last Jedi and the backlash from that really hurt its boxoffice. Moving onto Indy, I think they can absolutely make an Indy land that is relevant today. New fantasyland was based on movies from 1994, 1989, and 1937. Indy came out in 1981, 1984, and 1989 (nope definitely never make a 4th one) so pretty comparable to 1/3 of new fantasyland.

rreading

I actually liked Solo and thought Alden Ehrenreich did a great job. I think coming out less than 6 months after Last Jedi and the backlash from that really hurt its boxoffice. Moving onto Indy, I think they can absolutely make an Indy land that is relevant today. New fantasyland was based on movies from 1994, 1989, and 1937. Indy came out in 1981, 1984, and 1989 (nope definitely never make a 4th one) so pretty comparable to 1/3 of new fantasyland.

I liked it as well and also suspect that it was (not intentionally) set up to fail, esp coming on the heels of a more successful than expected Black Panther then Infinity War (iirc).

That being said, I would probably prefer there to be a successful new Indy movie before HS going all-in on an Indy area (though I suppose a new area could reinforce/inform the film - a la Pirates - were it actually a novel, creative ride)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The answer to the titular query is a huge empty void that is a seemingly endless expanse of blackness beyond the realm of human comprehension. This emptiness comprises most of the known universe. Here we sit in the unfashionable western spiral arm wondering what it all means. Truly, to peer beyond the edge of the galaxy we reckon with ourselves and look upon the face of God.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom