The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So sorry about Buttercup! That is so sad. But thank goodness she was there for you. We actually have read up on dealing with all different wildlife while hiking. The 'subtle' warnings was a running joke in the family because we expect that if we actually came across something like a bear or mountain lion on a hike things would most likely start with a very loud expletive (most likely followed by my wife and daughter running and me trying to get a better picture).

Be careful with that reaction. Mountain lions will see you as prey if you run.

The cougars back home are used to people, and they generally keep to themselves unless they see easy prey like an unattended child. The people in my area mostly all care greatly for the cougars as well, and respect their space. It's a two way street because we're all sharing the land.

But if the cougar is hunched down and snarly, turning to run is likely not the best survival tactic. Guaranteed they can run faster 😂😂

KBLovedDisney

Going through life right now with the virus threat, life drama, political drama, YouTube drama, murder hornets, incoming hurricane, now a comet.....

giphy.gif

What a ride.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Had I known what was going to happen at the end of Marley and me, I would have never watched it.

Me, too!!! I saw it years ago, just a few months after my (previous) dog passed away. I was under the impression that the entire movie would be fun and uplifting. Didn't realize how the end would turn out, and it hit me hard. Totally bad timing for that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So sorry about Buttercup! That is so sad. But thank goodness she was there for you. We actually have read up on dealing with all different wildlife while hiking. The 'subtle' warnings was a running joke in the family because we expect that if we actually came across something like a bear or mountain lion on a hike things would most likely start with a very loud expletive (most likely followed by my wife and daughter running and me trying to get a better picture).

Hubs grew up in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Cougars (or mountain lions) are dangerous, because their temperment is skitzy. They're very unpredictable, quick, powerful and can tear apart their prey in seconds.

John park hopper

And now for something completely different.

51 Years ago today I arrived in Amarillo, Texas for basic training. The following photo was taken on the day of my arrival when I still had something to smile about. It all went downhill from there. 😳 No uniform yet, just the t-shirt.

Image may contain: 1 person, child and shoes
OMG I was at Amarillo TX for basic 52 years ago arrived May 8 1968 didn't leave till mid June. What a place they reopened the World War II base for basic because Lackland had an out break of meningitis I remember the gang showers, gang toilets talk about no privacy. Hotter than heck and jackrabbits the size of dogs. Had a little drill instructor what a terror he was called a fire drill in the rain still remember the smell of a wet wool military blanket.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Bookmarked. Funny, I made ranch on Sunday. I will try this one next time.
The fabric is really nice. She cut out the pattern. She just has to sew it.
I'm a bit hesitant to suggest fabric from a source you've never tried but GC's fabric has been in my experience exactly as advertised and I like the put the weight in the description. I'm glad it worked out. BTW they email a coupon for your birthday if you filled out that info. It usually covers shipping or a nice percentage off.

Goofyernmost

OMG I was at Amarillo TX for basic 52 years ago arrived May 8 1968 didn't leave till mid June. What a place they reopened the World War II base for basic because Lackland had an out break of meningitis I remember the gang showers, gang toilets talk about no privacy. Hotter than heck and jackrabbits the size of dogs. Had a little drill instructor what a terror he was called a fire drill in the rain still remember the smell of a wet wool military blanket.
We had a malady that was known as the Amarillo Crud... which was just a bad cold that you had to work through. No days off. Other then an occasional scorpion and one massive dust storm not to much exciting to report. I do remember the group showers and toilets. I also remember having to find a way to get those WWII wooden floors to shine like new and Brasso to shine the copper pipes in the showers and bathrooms. I had kind of locked that all away and you had to jar the file cabinet and make that all fall out. I do remember some funny stuff happening but nothing that can be repeated in mixed company. However, tech school in Lowry AFB in Denver was the worse experience of my life. It was even more upsetting then Vietnam.

John park hopper

We had a malady that was known as the Amarillo Crud... which was just a bad cold that you had to work through. No days off. Other then an occasional scorpion and one massive dust storm not to much exciting to report. I do remember the group showers and toilets. I also remember having to find a way to get those WWII wooden floors to shine like new and Brasso to shine the copper pipes in the showers and bathrooms. I had kind of locked that all away and you had to jar the file cabinet and make that all fall out. I do remember some funny stuff happening but nothing that can be repeated in mixed company. However, tech school in Lowry AFB in Denver was the worse experience of my life. It was even more upsetting then Vietnam.
I went to Lowry 462X0 weapons mechanic glorified bomb loader --Good morning Vietnam

Lilofan

No privacy for sure. I remember the open urinal troughs at some antiquated college football stadiums and basketball arenas.

SteveBrickNJ

LOL just a little the rocks were 1 x 1.5 x 2ish in size and had been in place for several years. The ornamental grass we moved looks great in it's new location:joyfull: It was in an area that was a little over grown
Over the weekend my wife and I put a bunch of landscaping stones within landscaping cinder blocks. Right in the center we put a bird bath with a solar fountain.20200601_134122.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom