News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Miss Bella

I'm getting legit so tired of seeing this over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Can we get a bot that says every 5 posts "If you don't want to wear a mask, don't go. Masks are meant for you to stop transmitting the virus OUT not IN." why is this a constant loop. If I had a dollar every time I saw these two quotes together, I'd be adding a 2nd day to my Universal trip by now.
They need to pin a thread just for people that want to debate mask-wearing.

JohnD

I'm getting legit so tired of seeing this over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Can we get a bot that says every 5 posts "If you don't want to wear a mask, don't go. Masks are meant for you to stop transmitting the virus OUT not IN." why is this a constant loop. If I had a dollar every time I saw these two quotes together, I'd be adding a 2nd day to my Universal trip by now.

Just need to say several things (this is not aimed at you. Just bouncing off your post):
1. If you see someone not wearing a mask, how do you know they are "refusing" to wear one? I mean, I go into a supermarket, I'll wear one. I eat in a restaurant. I don't. I'll wear one when the situation suits it but not always.

2. Those who do wear masks, please stop the virtue signaling that you're better than everybody else. I don't mean that you shouldn't wear the mask. Keep wearing it. I just mean don't berate people over the head. We have social distancing too.

3. As for Disney Parks, they are technically not "public". It's private property. They can do what they want. You pay admission to get in, you follow their rules. We've all the heard reasons about too hot, infringes on liberty, doesn't work for my health reasons, etc. They're in a tough spot. Do you honestly expect them to open with no precautions at all? If wearing a mask doesn't work for you, for whatever reason, don't go.

Last edited:

PeoplemoverTTA

Yeah, but when I see someone without a mask I give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they have a valid medical reason to not wear one. Just like if I see someone that looks healthy in an ECV, I don't know their story. With more and more people getting the virus, there could be plenty of ppl that have had it, developed the anti bodies and are in no way contagious so not a risk to others. This is why more testing is necessary.

There isn't enough evidence yet that you can't still carry and transmit the virus after you have antibodies. Our family's doctors (we've had multiple people who have had COVID 19) all instructed us to act as if he we hadn't had the virus, in order to protect our other relatives, along with anyone else we encounter. We just don't know enough yet.

Certainly, though, there may be people with severe respiratory issues who cannot wear a mask. But I would think that if they have severe respiratory issues, they wouldn't want to go somewhere with thousands of people and potentially be exposed to a virus that has been shown to be more deadly for people with respiratory issues.

JayWDW

Is it still showing in MDE? Because, on the Disney website, and read this carefully: "New Disney Resort Hotel Reservations: At this time, new reservations at Disney Resort hotels are temporarily paused so we can focus on Guests with existing reservations (Disney Vacation Club Members can still make new reservations). Reservations will resume after that period of time."

So, you may want to double-check. You already have a reservation and you're an annual passholder.
Fortunately, yes it still shows. I was just taken aback a little bit by how abrupt and matter of fact the castmember I spoke with was. She made it sound like a done deal that anything other than DVC and the campgrounds would be canceled. I'm just nervous... airline tickets aren't cheap.

DisneyCane

There isn't enough evidence yet that you can't still carry and transmit the virus after you have antibodies. Our family's doctors (we've had multiple people who have had COVID 19) all instructed us to act as if he we hadn't had the virus, in order to protect our other relatives, along with anyone else we encounter. We just don't know enough yet.

You can certainly transmit the virus after having antibodies since the antibodies are fighting the infection. I think it is pretty well accepted that if you don't test positive for actual viral load, you are no longer contagious. That's the whole idea behind testing negative twice at least 24 hours apart to leave quarantine.

Basically, if you get an antibody test and test positive, you should get the diagnostic test because you could have a current, asymptomatic, infection.

A quick comment on the potential demand for WDW once they open up. When Broward first reopened dine in restaurants at 50% capacity, various friends and I observed that there was not much dine in going on. Now that we are a few weeks later, a lot of places are filling all available tables at peak times. I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar with WDW. An initial surge of people that want to be back first. Then, a lull for a couple of weeks and then demand exceeding available capacity as people get more comfortable.

jaklgreen

Can we talk about the temperature checks. I had an experience today with temperature checks. My grandmother fell and had to be taken to the ER. I drove, in my air conditioned car, parked in the garage and walked 0.3 miles(I googled it) to get from my car to the entrance of the ER. It was 86 degrees and sunny. They scanned my forehead and it read that I was 100.3 degrees!? A 4 minute walk in the sun and I was reading a temperature. Now I know that my internal temp was normal and after a few minutes it started to go down. The nurse scanning in people said that this happens all the time. So I seriously question the accuracy of these temperature checks. How many people are going to read with a high temp and have to be "pulled aside" to hopefully have their skin cool down enough to be let in?

the_rich

Fortunately, yes it still shows. I was just taken aback a little bit by how abrupt and matter of fact the castmember I spoke with was. She made it sound like a done deal that anything other than DVC and the campgrounds would be canceled. I'm just nervous... airline tickets aren't cheap.
If anything they will upgrade you to a resort that is going to be open.

the_rich

If there are rooms available. I'm hearing that at first only DVC resorts will be open, and if they can't fit existing reservations into those resorts, reservations will get canceled.
They aren't going to do that. if they're opening the dvc portion then they will open the hotel as well. They will probably keep the resorts without dvc closed.

the_rich

Do not assume that
There's somewhere around 6500 dvc only rooms. Let's take an average of 4 people per room. Thats 26,000 people. If we go with the conservative estimate that disney will allow 60,000 people a day in total into the parks then they will have other rooms available. With such low attendance numbers they are going to want as many of them to be resort guests as possible.

peter11435

There's somewhere around 6500 dvc only rooms. Let's take an average of 4 people per room. Thats 26,000 people. If we go with the conservative estimate that disney will allow 60,000 people a day in total into the parks then they will have other rooms available. With such low attendance numbers they are going to want as many of them to be resort guests as possible.
None of that changes what I said

TrainsOfDisney

Can we talk about the temperature checks. I had an experience today with temperature checks. My grandmother fell and had to be taken to the ER. I drove, in my air conditioned car, parked in the garage and walked 0.3 miles(I googled it) to get from my car to the entrance of the ER. It was 86 degrees and sunny. They scanned my forehead and it read that I was 100.3 degrees!? A 4 minute walk in the sun and I was reading a temperature. Now I know that my internal temp was normal and after a few minutes it started to go down. The nurse scanning in people said that this happens all the time. So I seriously question the accuracy of these temperature checks. How many people are going to read with a high temp and have to be "pulled aside" to hopefully have their skin cool down enough to be let in?

This could certainly be a problem at the theme park entrances with sun shining directly on people who are standing in a line to get said temperature checked.

AugieMorosco

This could certainly be a problem at the theme park entrances with sun shining directly on people who are standing in a line to get said temperature checked.
That was mentioned in one of the Disney statements. I believe something about having shaded areas or areas to cool down before temps were taken. I'd prefer if it was all done at the resort before transportation. It would make the flow into the parks easier on arrival.

disneygeek90

I’ve had 6 or 7 temp check and no issues, and that’s with the Florida heat usually wearing a hat. One person even showed me my temp one time, not really sure why, but it was 97.7. I suppose those that naturally run warm could have some issues, but 100.4 is pretty generous as is.

TrainsOfDisney

I’ve had 6 or 7 temp check and no issues, and that’s with the Florida heat usually wearing a hat. One person even showed me my temp one time, not really sure why, but it was 97.7. I suppose those that naturally run warm could have some issues, but 100.4 is pretty generous as is.

That’s good to know. Were these all outside ?

Mainahman

That was mentioned in one of the Disney statements. I believe something about having shaded areas or areas to cool down before temps were taken. I'd prefer if it was all done at the resort before transportation. It would make the flow into the parks easier on arrival.
That only works for people taking disney transportation

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom