News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

TiggerDad

Hopefully they drop the face mask requirement. It is annoying and won’t do anything. I was walking towards Transformers at Uni yesterday and walked past some people smoking with my mask on. I still smelled the stupid smoke. If I can smell that smoke with my mask on, do they really think that a mask will prevent an incredibly tiny virus from spreading?
The purpose of the mask is to reduce the output of virus particles from your mouth, so you don't infect other people. When you exhale, cough, or talk, you are spewing liquid droplets out of your mouth. The mask causes them to not project very far in front of you. You are supposed to wear the mask to protect the rest of society, because there are so many asymptomatic people out there who don't know that they are infected. If you want to block incoming, you need the medical grade N95 masks. People who refuse to wear masks in public are signalling that they don't care about other people, or that they don't understand the purpose of the masks, or both.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some notes from this OS article -

“Beginning in June, all Disney full-time attractions and custodian workers, as well as a significant number of part-timers, will get called back to work, according to the union. Union members who work at the water parks, which have no immediate plans to reopen, as well as vacation planners and others at closed Disney properties could transfer to other jobs where there are shortages.”

”The company doesn’t plan to bring back seasonal workers or resume the Disney College Program immediately, according to the union.
“If anyone thinks that college program workers are coming back anytime soon, they are mistaken,” Clinton said”

“Don’t ask a cast member to take a photograph with your phone either. Employees will politely decline.

“That’s how serious Disney is taking this,” Clinton said. “That’s a very different Disney World you all worked at back in March.”

DCBaker

Premium Member
BlogMickey reporting cast recall dates for the parks from Unite Here Local 362 -

Disney will begin to recall Coordinators as early as June 14th.

Disney will begin to recall most attractions host and hostesses on June 21st.

Disney will complete their recall by June 28th.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The purpose of the mask is to reduce the output of virus particles from your mouth, so you don't infect other people. When you exhale, cough, or talk, you are spewing liquid droplets out of your mouth. The mask causes them to not project very far in front of you. You are supposed to wear the mask to protect the rest of society, because there are so many asymptomatic people out there who don't know that they are infected. If you want to block incoming, you need the medical grade N95 masks. People who refuse to wear masks in public are signalling that they don't care about other people, or that they don't understand the purpose of the masks, or both.
This^^^^! It still amazes me (though it shouldn't) how many people don't understand why they have to wear a mask.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

“Beginning in June, all Disney full-time attractions and custodian workers, as well as a significant number of part-timers, will get called back to work, according to the union. Union members who work at the water parks, which have no immediate plans to reopen, as well as vacation planners and others at closed Disney properties could transfer to other jobs where there are shortages.”

”The company doesn’t plan to bring back seasonal workers or resume the Disney College Program immediately, according to the union.
“If anyone thinks that college program workers are coming back anytime soon, they are mistaken,” Clinton said”

“Don’t ask a cast member to take a photograph with your phone either. Employees will politely decline.

“That’s how serious Disney is taking this,” Clinton said. “That’s a very different Disney World you all worked at back in March.”

"Disney Vacation Club hotels and Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is reopening June 22 and the theme parks return in July."

I haven't been keeping track of resort/DVC openings. Was this date something we already knew?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Is Ft. Wilderness opening earlier than the hotels due to the number of repeat visitors there?
Fort Wilderness is a much easier venue I would think. People staying in their own accommodations that do not have to be cleaned. The only issue are the comfort stations which they may not open or may have limited access. Its also a revenue stream that would be relatively low risk from a social distance perspective.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
"Disney Vacation Club hotels and Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is reopening June 22 and the theme parks return in July."

I haven't been keeping track of resort/DVC openings. Was this date something we already knew?

Yes, the 6/22 date for the campground and DVC resorts was announced at the same time as the park opening date. It wasn't included in the presentation to the task force, bit was included on the website announcement as well as on the communication sent to guests.

Getachew

BlogMickey reporting cast recall dates for the parks from Unite Here Local 362 -

Disney will begin to recall Coordinators as early as June 14th.

Disney will begin to recall most attractions host and hostesses on June 21st.

Disney will complete their recall by June 28th.

looks like this is in regards to attactions and custodial workers. Great news for them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Help wanteds are out for Cultural Reps for Norway, Germany, and Mexico:

1591293872467.png

tag @wdwmagic

jaklgreen

It's pretty mind boggling. If I could save giving the virus to even one person at the expense of a little discomfort and annoyance while at a theme park, I would gladly accept. Talk about first world problems.
Yeah, but when I see someone without a mask I give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they have a valid medical reason to not wear one. Just like if I see someone that looks healthy in an ECV, I don't know their story. With more and more people getting the virus, there could be plenty of ppl that have had it, developed the anti bodies and are in no way contagious so not a risk to others. This is why more testing is necessary.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Hopefully they drop the face mask requirement. It is annoying and won’t do anything. I was walking towards Transformers at Uni yesterday and walked past some people smoking with my mask on. I still smelled the stupid smoke. If I can smell that smoke with my mask on, do they really think that a mask will prevent an incredibly tiny virus from spreading?
I'm getting legit so tired of seeing this over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Can we get a bot that says every 5 posts "If you don't want to wear a mask, don't go. Masks are meant for you to stop transmitting the virus OUT not IN." why is this a constant loop. If I had a dollar every time I saw these two quotes together, I'd be adding a 2nd day to my Universal trip by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnD

Really bummed... We have a room only reservation at POFQ from July 11 to 21. I didn't add park tickets as we are AP holders. When I called to make sure our reservation ensured we would stay somewhere at WDW...even if that meant being moved from POFQ to another resort, the cast member told me they're only planning to have DVC resorts and the campground open when they re-open the parks on July 11. I asked if our reservation is no good and she said yeah, you'll likely have to cancel or reschedule. That stinks... I hope she was just misinformed...

Is it still showing in MDE? Because, on the Disney website, and read this carefully: "New Disney Resort Hotel Reservations: At this time, new reservations at Disney Resort hotels are temporarily paused so we can focus on Guests with existing reservations (Disney Vacation Club Members can still make new reservations). Reservations will resume after that period of time."

So, you may want to double-check. You already have a reservation and you're an annual passholder.

philbrody

This^^^^! It still amazes me (though it shouldn't) how many people don't understand why they have to wear a mask.
There is actually quite a bit of emerging science that points prolonged time exposure to enough of the virus and as the driver and not a single contact with an infected person. It's why a lot of the transmission events we see on the news are indoor prolonged period events like B-day parties. My guess is that when it's all said and done a mask will prove to help slow transmission at indoor/close distance longer duration events and be a hindrance in outdoor events mostly due to people not using them properly and constantly touching their masks and faces.

EricsBiscuit

Thank you for clarifying. I’m an idiot lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom