Team Citra Brainstorming Thread - Project Two: The Golf War

Sharon&Susan

We can combine MILO with Kaiju if we wanted to. We venture out into the deep sea to discover the lost city of Atlantis only to encounter a sea monster that has been guarding the city for centuries.
Keeping the spirit of @JokersWild story intact, we could make it an underwater, prototype city built by the US government codenamed Atlantis. At first we won't know what happened to cause Project: Atlantis to be abandoned, but as we go further into the cavern like Center of the Earth we discover Golfzilla ending in an epic final hole.

DashHaber

Keeping the spirit of @JokersWild story intact, we could make it an underwater, prototype city built by the US government codenamed Atlantis. At first we won't know what happened to cause Project: Atlantis to be abandoned, but as we go further into the cavern like Center of the Earth we discover Golfzilla ending in an epic final hole.
That is actually a really neat idea. It blends together some of these ideas in a way that could offer some inspired visuals. I'm picturing a sunken city with a worn-down '50s sci-fi aesthetic as the look of this prototype city.

I'd be all for this.

Sharon&Susan

Every position is now filled.
Hole Design
-Holes 1-6- @DashHaber
-Holes 7-12- @NigelChanning09
-Holes 13-18- @Brer Panther

Story and Presentation
-Backstory, Intro and Conclusion @JokersWild
-Map and Concept Art- @Sharon&Susan (Me)
-Editor and Compiler/Final Presentation Creator- @Sharon&Susan (Me)
Got plenty ahead of me for this project! I don't consider myself an experienced artist, but I'll do ith hat I have. Any recommendations on what I should use for the finished project presentation?
PROG.jpg

I've been looking at the other team threads and all of them seem to have some type of edutainment included in there. Let's have fun with that.
You'll enter the elevator to travel to New Atlantis. The walls to the right and left are made out of see through glass, same with the floor. There's a TV screen near the elevator doors and as the elevator begins its journey to the sea floor, it lights up. An educational video begins playing about the history of New Atlantis, but as you begin to reach the submerged city, Golfzilla attacks!

It causes the entire elevator to shake and the television to lose its signal. Elevator doors open.

Obviously the elevator would be a simulator that just transitions from the entrance to the shipbuilding. And the clear glass windows are screens.

Last edited:

JokersWild

So basic outline for story/ structure:

.Atlantis - a project built in secret by the US government in 1953, then known internally as Project Atlantis. Underwater research center and settlement.
.Random drilling leads to the uncovering of "The Creature." (I want to drop the Golfzilla name. It made sense for my campy pitch early, but I don't think it would gel with the slightly more serious tone we seem to be taking with this course.)
.Creature attacks part of the base, leading the government to abandon the project.
.Guests golf through the unaffected portions of the settlement before venturing across the seafloor to the area that has been overtaken by The Creature.

Course outline that we don't have to follow, but I think that it would give the course a good story flow.
.Research center (hole 1-5)
.Living/ liesure quarter (hole 6-10)
.Sea floor (hole 11-15)
.The Creature (hole 16-18)

@Sharon&Susan your art looks great. The only thing that I'll say is that I don't think that we should have a fake elevator preshow. This is minigolf. People aren't really going to this for that type of experience, and logistically I worry about crowd control/ party spacing. I think that we can show the story visually at each hole. I'd also like to write story blurb signs for each hole. I'll just need an outline of each hole so I can make sure that what I'm writing is at least remotely related to the hole.

DashHaber

So basic outline for story/ structure:

.Atlantis - a project built in secret by the US government in 1953, then known internally as Project Atlantis. Underwater research center and settlement.
.Random drilling leads to the uncovering of "The Creature." (I want to drop the Golfzilla name. It made sense for my campy pitch early, but I don't think it would gel with the slightly more serious tone we seem to be taking with this course.)
.Creature attacks part of the base, leading the government to abandon the project.
.Guests golf through the unaffected portions of the settlement before venturing across the seafloor to the area that has been overtaken by The Creature.

Course outline that we don't have to follow, but I think that it would give the course a good story flow.
.Research center (hole 1-5)
.Living/ liesure quarter (hole 6-10)
.Sea floor (hole 11-15)
.The Creature (hole 16-18)

@Sharon&Susan your art looks great. The only thing that I'll say is that I don't think that we should have a fake elevator preshow. This is minigolf. People aren't really going to this for that type of experience, and logistically I worry about crowd control/ party spacing. I think that we can show the story visually at each hole. I'd also like to write story blurb signs for each hole. I'll just need an outline of each hole so I can make sure that what I'm writing is at least remotely related to the hole.
I like the structure and flow of this, and I'll factor this into the plan now.

Sharon&Susan

My plans for the holes I was gonna design was to just have them involve sea creatures (like, one hole you have to shoot the ball into a clam's mouth, things like that)...
You could still work it in for holes 13-15, but have the monsters be mutated by the radioactive materials from the US army, and the sea creatures stuck motionless due to their fear of the monster
Does anybody know if I should make a Google Doc for holes 7-14 or make it just a well-formatted post?
As @mickeyfan5534 and @JokersWild mentioned a document or post is fine. I'm going to copy, paste and edit it into a finished presentation anyway.

Last edited:

NigelChanning

We may have to write each set of holes one at a time to avoid using the same hole set up. I hope that makes sense. I’m also having trouble coming up with anything for the living quarters. If anyone has anything maybe they can help out

Sharon&Susan

We may have to write each set of holes one at a time to avoid using the same hole set up. I hope that makes sense. I’m also having trouble coming up with anything for the living quarters. If anyone has anything maybe they can help out
With living quarters, I recommend looking into 1950's Home of the Future concepts and basing the hazards around goofy prototype inventions. Here's a sample:

If you don't think you can do much with a future prototype house, you could also have one or two holes based around a future prototype shopping center (or mall).

NigelChanning

With living quarters, I recommend looking into 1950's Home of the Future concepts and basing the hazards around goofy prototype inventions. Here's a sample:

If you don't think you can do much with a future prototype house, you could also have one or two holes based around a future prototype shopping center (or mall).

And just to clarify, this will take place under water?

NigelChanning

Hole #7
We continue through Atlantis and make our way into the research lab where we can look out onto the seas (screens). We then hit the ball into a Ferris wheel like contraption as it comes out at the other end towards the hole.
AB6C869D-DFC7-4ACB-BDA5-25FD05875357.jpeg

Hole #8
We continue through the Research Lab and come across another unique hole.
A32D0FF4-99A3-45D2-AC10-EDC83895841E.jpeg

Hole #9
We enter the lounge, which is a common room with couches and chairs. There is a large window, which (screen) that looks out the ocean, behind the guests as they reach the next hole, a loop.
50FFE7B0-F40B-478A-B901-8A69656DF287.jpeg

Hole #10
We finally reach the travel pods, which will take us down to the ocean floor. Guests will need to hit the ball through multiple obstacles
A6D3012D-4D02-4805-941F-90A747FF2FD8.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom