News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Aries1975

I would imagine it is going to be “walk in or up” for the time being.

As much as a pain as ADRs can be... I have a party of 13. I am praying I can make reservations somewhere each night so I don't have 5 kids "hangry" waiting for dinner. I lost Cindy, O'hana, Hoop-Dee-Doo and the Fanstamic combo at Mama Melrose. I really do not want to be relegated to in-room "Florida" pizza for a week.

mickeymiss

I hope that's the case. I did take a screenshot of the relevant portion of the chat in case anyone is curious:

View attachment 474250

Would they move everyone who is not at a skyliner/monorail hotel? That's a lot of people to move along with CSR being unavailable. If hotels were always allowed to be open, I don't see the point in closing any when the NBA will be occupying one of the biggest of all. Trying to keep the hotel accomodations as close to what they are as possible would be kind of nice and upgrading CSR guests. Even if they opened pop century and CB, some people won't want to take the skyliner for fear of heights. I don't know anything. Just rambling to distract myself 😂

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What was WorldKey? Was it a touchscreen at the entrance to EPCOT that allowed you to make reservations?
It was a series of information touchscreens around the park. In 1982 in was revolutionary to be able to touch a screen for maps, attraction information, and to select to see and talk to a live person to make reservations.

There were terminals in Earthstation (today’s Project Tomorrow) and three satellite buildings on the main path to Showcase, near Germany, and near Canada. There were also terminals in the Bell lounge and one in Futurecom in Communicore West.

Here’s a good video about them

OvertheHorizon

When I first visited Epcot in March, 1983, I lined up for nearly an hour at the WorldKey reservation center behind Spaceship Earth while my wife and inlaws headed for The Land pavilion. I spoke with an agent via the video screen and was able to make lunch and dinner reservations for our party (Disney didn't have advance dining reservations back then).

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry not going to sift through 85 pages. I put my $159 down on a FL Resident Gold Pass shortly after I moved to FL a couple of weeks ago. I'm assuming the pass doesn't "start" until I use it for the 1st time but what about my monthly payments?

tpoly88

So who will be allowed in? Guests with resort reservations? Florida Residents? Interesting they left the reopening of resorts out of this...so far.
ive also received no word from Disney on the reservation system, only that my annual pass is extended a couple months but if i cannot get a reservation the AP is pointless. Also im surprised they would not lift the blackout dates to give more days to make a possible reservation (dont forget people from NY, NJ and Conn cannot come to FL yet), not that i will be coming in the summer as its way too hot. Saw the line on the heat index, yeah over here in Tampa it was 107 Heat index the other day and has been 102 or higher the last couple days. i will not want to be wearing a mask in that heat! some of the masks get really beat up if they're wet from perspiration or you get wet from the rain storms we get in the summer here. The N95's are better but not as comfortable. the other question i have is how would you go around the world in EPCOT and eat and drink? i saw they are making you have a mask from the time you get out of your car in the parking lot and at all times in the parks, only able to take it off in "relaxations zones"! anyone have info on this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom