News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

If I’m understanding correctly...there are no “regular guests”...

It’s backlog and aps for the time being...then it will be hard ticket purchases for preselected sites when they are ready.

So I would think that question isn’t gonna be answered for awhile. Maybe when things “book up” with park reservations?
Sorry I meant the backlogs. People with reservations cancelled between June 14- July 11.

Ben_since_1971

I got my email this evening. The 35% will be applied to my existing reservation 'on the room portion'. That means my tickets will still still be full price paid with the package. I purchased park hopping and the water park and more options. I am assuming those will be dealt with as they decide what will be happening with those (water parks are still showing as open last I checked even though initially they will be closed).

I am good with this. Unlike a lot of others, I like pre-planning my Disney trips, if only because it allows me to 'pre-enjoy' the trip before I get there. That said, I am looking forward to this 'back to the 90s' approach that appears will be happening. This trip (Sept 8-15) was going to be different (first solo) so why not go all out on the different, right?? :p

the_rich

Sorry I meant the backlogs. People with reservations cancelled between June 14- July 11.
Well I would consider myself a regular guest. I booked my trip for july 17th literally right as they announced the opening dates. I just got the email stating that I'll get the priority booking that dvc and ap are.

StoneCutter589

It’s saying “at a later date.” I’d take the 35% off my CURRENT reservation.

I got an email today, and it appears that they will take 35% off my current reservation.

We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.​

Getachew

By removing character dining, do they mean that all of the restaurants offering character dining will be closed for the foreseeable future, or that the restaurants will (possibly) be open minus the character experiences? I suppose that this is probably another wait-and-see scenario, but I’m hoping that somebody has a better idea of how this works than I do.

Yeah I'm wondering too.

Tusker House for instance is basically just the same as Boma food wise, but without the characters. Boma makes plenty of money without characters, so so could Tusker House.

DVCakaCarlF

Yeah I'm wondering too.

Tusker House for instance is basically just the same as Boma food wise, but without the characters. Boma makes plenty of money without characters, so so could Tusker House.
With limited capacities at each dining venue, they will leave all restaurants open sans characters.

Getachew

With limited capacities at each dining venue, they will leave all restaurants open sans characters.

I'm not sure. They may keep some larger buffets closed with just limited capacity allowed. More food would be wasted then normal, unless the menu is smaller for the time being.

AugieMorosco

Good grief. I am booked July 6-16 with free dining. I was convinced we'd be able to go. Then came the presentation and I realized I wouldn't. Then came news of the 35% discount, and I was happy again, because I could start at least early stage planning for December! Never been at Christmas and if they allowed me to use it then, what a consolation prize.
Then today I got the email that my package would be adjusted to 35% off the room. So now I don't know what to think. Will I be able to cancel altogether and rebook with the discount? Will they send me a confirmation with check in starting the 11th? Will I spend the 6-10th watching TV in my room at Pop Century? Each answer has 15 more questions tagging along behind it. A caravan of confusion.

Zeromancer

Strange only some restaurant reservations have been canceled in my app. Others are still there. Wonder if it is just a delay or something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom