News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

donsullivan

Premium Member
Well yeah...there's never an indication until Disney announces it and it actually happens.
I think we all need to be prepared for constant change in every single aspect of this re-opening for many months into the future. And they will not always communicate in the way folks want or as far in advance as people want. Everything will be a moving target and everyone will need to be flexible and ready to adapt to the regular changes and variations. You can not make a plan based on the rules on the day you plan and expect everything to be exactly the same when you arrive.

danwis

There are no indications that any sort of extension other than the one we knew about where the expiration dates are extended the number of days from closure to the re-opening date. If you look at the page, it even notes that passes are subject to Blackout dates.
Shanghai Disneyland AP's are getting their extended after the "advanced reservation period" ends. Hopefully they will do the same everywhere.
"Annual Pass Expiry Date Extension Policy
The validity period of a Shanghai Disneyland Annual Pass will be extended for the number of lost days falling between the park’s closure date of January 25, 2020 and the end of the “Advanced Reservation Period.” "

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Lysol is having the same issues those of us in the chemical industry are. We can't get raw materials from China

The main ingredient in Lysol is benzalkonium chloride, which can be purchased by the gallon on the web. Some brands of Lysol add in alcohol (methanol or isopropyl). Mix them in a spray bottle in the same proportions as Lysol does (easily found on the web). Lysol Power uses hydrogen peroxide.

I just recently bought a gallon of isopropyl 99% and hydrogen peroxide from Amazon.

Also, if you do a search for these ingredients under Google's 'shopping' tab, you'll find lots of off-brand Lysol replacements pre-formulated for use.

ThatMouse

We called the VIPassholder # and somehow got resort reservations. Then we got put on hold and had to hang up. Still wondering what the refund will be. We are only 40 days into our passes before they closed, so would that mean we get 10 months worth of a refund?

TrainsOfDisney

Now we'll get to hear Passholders start whining that they paid for 365-day access and they 'demand' to get in whenever they want.

I mean... that is what we paid for. 365 day access and park hopping. I’m just glad I don’t own at DVC.

Provided things get back to normal eventually..... I’ll be able to use my pass like normal thanks to the extension that I will have.

eliza61nyc

The main ingredient in Lysol is benzalkonium chloride, which can be purchased by the gallon on the web. Some brands of Lysol add in alcohol (methanol or isopropyl). Mix them in a spray bottle in the same proportions as Lysol does (easily found on the web). Lysol Power uses hydrogen peroxide.

I just recently bought a gallon of isopropyl 99% and hydrogen peroxide from Amazon.

Also, if you do a search for these ingredients under Google's 'shopping' tab, you'll find lots of off-brand Lysol replacements pre-formulated for use.

Lol I'll be sure to pass in the info to our sales department that they can go on Amazon and order all the chemicals they need.🙄
Am I misunderstanding, your saying they could satisfy supply by going on Amazon or the local hardware store??

An issue plaguing factories, Penfield said, is that manufacturers can't keep up with demand, adding that one key issue is many chemicals which are base ingredients for disinfectants and wipes are coming from overseas, specifically China.
When China first got hit with the coronavirus pandemic, many factories stopped filling orders and "that left a hole in the supply chain."

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I mean... that is what we paid for. 365 day access and park hopping. I’m just glad I don’t own at DVC.

Provided things get back to normal eventually..... I’ll be able to use my pass like normal thanks to the extension that I will have.
As long as the clock doesn’t start on APs I see no issue with restricting access and using the reservation system. It’s still better than the rumor that all AP holders would need to buy single day ticket reservations. At least that didn’t happen.

TrainsOfDisney

As long as the clock doesn’t start on APs I see no issue with restricting access and using the reservation system. It’s still better than the rumor that all AP holders would need to buy single day ticket reservations. At least that didn’t happen.

Oh if the clock doesn’t start there is no issue at all! I’m assuming the clock will start.. even then I’m hoping to be able to use my pass as usual with the extended time. That’s assuming we all survive until 2021!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Oh if the clock doesn’t start there is no issue at all! I’m assuming the clock will start.. even then I’m hoping to be able to use my pass as usual with the extended time. That’s assuming we all survive until 2021!
Someone posted in one of these threads that the Shanghai system allowed AP holders to reserve dates but the clock wouldn’t start on their APs until the reservation system was removed. No clue if they follow that at WDW.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Annual Pass holder Advanced Reservation flow and rules:
  • We are offering park entry sessions with different start times depending on daily operations. Please go to the Advanced Reservation page for more details and select a visitation date and a park entry session.

Interesting that Shanghai is staggering entrance times. Makes sense that you don't want everyone arriving all at once. Might be something that WDW might do with their reservation system.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Good to see that they'll be restricting the number of reservations a passholder can have much as they used to do for the number of days and advance interval for FP+.

Now we'll get to hear Passholders start whining that they paid for 365-day access and they 'demand' to get in whenever they want.

I agree with @TrainChasers...

365 day access is exactly what I paid for. Here's my whining in the face of your callousness, @donsullivan...

Anyone who bought plain-old time-restricted tickets for the first week of June would have a refund offered because they can't get in (because the parks are closed).

Similarly, anyone who bought an AP should receive some compensation if they can't get in because the parks are too limited.

WDW is already planning to compensate APers for the time the park is closed, so... shouldn't they also compensate for the other times APers can't go?

And what if I, from New Jersey, get a week reservation at a Disney resort but can't get a park reservation for one or more days I'm staying at a Disney resort? Does having a Disney Resort reservation give me a park reservation?

What if I get an off-property hotel or rental? Do I have to get a reservation first to make sure it's worth my while? And if I can't get a reservation for that week, then what did I pay for?

I fully understand WDW can't accommodate everyone, but, if we pre-paid for an accommodation (which is what an AP is) which they can't provide, there should be compensation.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Lol I'll be sure to pass in the info to our sales department that they can go on Amazon and order all the chemicals they need.🙄
Am I misunderstanding, your saying they could satisfy supply by going on Amazon or the local hardware store??

An issue plaguing factories, Penfield said, is that manufacturers can't keep up with demand, adding that one key issue is many chemicals which are base ingredients for disinfectants and wipes are coming from overseas, specifically China.
When China first got hit with the coronavirus pandemic, many factories stopped filling orders and "that left a hole in the supply chain."

The article is over a month old.

It seems to me that the base ingredients are readily available to the average consumer. Don't know why there is still a supply chain problem for some companies like Lysol, especially since there are Lysol products to be had at Amazon right now as well as the base ingredients.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Let's all take a moment to pray for the travel agents who will be trying to rebook dining, entry, ect. for all their clients that will have an immediate booking window when it opens. It's going to be stressful and unfortunately probably some not so nice clients. :confused:

When the whole lockdown things started, I asked a friend who is a travel agent if her job is safe. She laughed saying that she's spending all her time on re-bookings (luckily the agency is paying her per hour, not on commissions).

TrojanUSC

I agree with @TrainChasers...

365 day access is exactly what I paid for. Here's my whining in the face of your callousness, @donsullivan...

Anyone who bought plain-old time-restricted tickets for the first week of June would have a refund offered because they can't get in (because the parks are closed).

Similarly, anyone who bought an AP should receive some compensation if they can't get in because the parks are too limited.

WDW is already planning to compensate APers for the time the park is closed, so... shouldn't they also compensate for the other times APers can't go?

And what if I, from New Jersey, get a week reservation at a Disney resort but can't get a park reservation for one or more days I'm staying at a Disney resort? Does having a Disney Resort reservation give me a park reservation?

What if I get an off-property hotel or rental? Do I have to get a reservation first to make sure it's worth my while? And if I can't get a reservation for that week, then what did I pay for?

I fully understand WDW can't accommodate everyone, but, if we pre-paid for an accommodation (which is what an AP is) which they can't provide, there should be compensation.

My assumption here is that resort capacity will be kept at such a limit they can provide at least access to one park/day for each person on property and they will get first dibs. Not all resorts/rooms will be operational.

For people staying off property, it's not really Disney's concern at the moment. Like flying to New York and trying to get tickets to Hamilton at the last minute. Plan before you go.

jmp85

There are no indications that any sort of extension other than the one we knew about where the expiration dates are extended the number of days from closure to the re-opening date. If you look at the page, it even notes that passes are subject to Blackout dates.

That's the way I'm reading this as well. I originally called to be extended, but the extra time does me no good since I have no intention of visiting while all the restrictions are in place. Guess I'll be calling next week and asking to cancel.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
For people staying off property, it's not really Disney's concern at the moment. Like flying to New York and trying to get tickets to Hamilton at the last minute. Plan before you go.

Chyeah... an AP is nothing like that.

If I try to find tickets for Hamilton before I book a NYC trip and can't. Oh well. At least I didn't spend a thousand dollars on an any-day ticket to any Broadway production.

But if I do spend a thousand dollars for an any-day ticket to any WDW park, I expect to be able to use it... or be compensated if I can't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom