News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Lilofan

With WDW just recently lowering the mask age requirement from 3 to 2 years old, how is Disney security going to know which kid is 3 or 2?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
With WDW just recently lowering the mask age requirement from 3 to 2 years old, how is Disney security going to know which kid is 3 or 2?
Same way anyone else will. Honor system. 2 and up is now the CDC guideline so I imagine that’s what they are matching.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So what happens since you can't go home? Extra precautions getting you into your room?
They say they will “require medical clearance“ before letting you in, but I don’t know exactly what that means. Maybe they ask you to go and get a Covid test and show you are negative before letting you in....or you just pop a few Advil and come back in a half hour.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Here's the link and image from the new update -

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 3.55.02 PM.png

AmishGuy91

Now we'll get to hear Passholders start whining that they paid for 365-day access and they 'demand' to get in whenever they want.

I imagine their passes will be extended either the entire number of days until their access is not restricted, or at least extended their number of unused days when the restrictions are over.

Same here. We have a package starting July 10th. I was not sure how that might be handled. Would they cancel our entire trip or just force us to arrive one day later. Everything is still showing on MDE. Is the fact that I have not received an email a bad sign?
No way to know. Communication from Disney has been dismal. I’ve gotten more Covid-19 communication from companies with whom I’ve never done business than I have from Disney, with whom I’ve spent tens of thousands.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I imagine their passes will be extended either the entire number of days until their access is not restricted, or at least extended their number of unused days when the restrictions are over.
There are no indications that any sort of extension other than the one we knew about where the expiration dates are extended the number of days from closure to the re-opening date. If you look at the page, it even notes that passes are subject to Blackout dates.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good to see that they'll be restricting the number of reservations a passholder can have much as they used to do for the number of days and advance interval for FP+.

Now we'll get to hear Passholders start whining that they paid for 365-day access and they 'demand' to get in whenever they want.
I only hope that getting a reservation for Passholders doesn't involve any kind of email to be received. A lot of people will be very upset when they don't get that email and miss out.

AmishGuy91

There are no indications that any sort of extension other than the one we knew about where the expiration dates are extended the number of days from closure to the re-opening date. If you look at the page, it even notes that passes are subject to Blackout dates.

Well yeah...there's never an indication until Disney announces it and it actually happens.

Mainahman

I wonder when this new reservation is available if they will limit the hotels they open that way, move people around etc, or if your existing reservation will just port over shy of park hopping and DDP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom