News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

the_rich

This is how I assume it will work. When the park reservation system goes live it will only open to guests with existing resort reservations in the next 60 days. That will ensure that anyone with a resort stay within 60 days from the time of go live will be all set with their park reservations. Let’s assume it’s live by June 1. That covers basically July reservations. Then as time goes on resort guests will gain access to book park reservations at the 60 day mark of the start of their trip. ADRs will likely only be allowed for in park restaurants if you have a park reservation for that day first. ADRs would also begin at 60 days out so for restaurants not in the parks everyone would gain the ability to book then. I assume they will open park reservations at some later point in time (maybe 30 or 45 days out) for people who have an AP or buy a regular park ticket but don’t have a resort reservation.
I hope you're right. Im booked for July 17th.

Yodascousin

Quick question it says dining plans included in packages will be cancelled but what about if you paid for a dining plan? There is no mention of that on the uk site

eliza61nyc

Disney with no parks is just fine we have been doing July 4th weekend for 5 years and no parks. We hang out at the pools and swim and enjoy the relaxation. We are going it again this year it's a great time and this year the resorts will be pretty much empty.
Oh I enjoy it too, I was just dispelling an often quoted myth that people don't spend a lot of time at their resorts. I spend a lot of time at my resort

Mainahman

Does anyone know if the swimming pools at the various WDW-hotels will be open? And how about TL or BB?
They havent even given us if the resorts will be open at this time, let alone the pools. I hope they fill us in soon. As it stands we use the pools on arrival day, so if they are closed, ill plan a later arrival and just go to our room.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does anyone know if the swimming pools at the various WDW-hotels will be open? And how about TL or BB?
Pools will be open but potentially have a capacity limit and social distancing. From the DVC e-mail:

• Physical distancing at restaurants, lobbies, pools, fitness centers and other public areas, including reducing capacity where appropriate
Further details:

• Physical distancing and capacity measures: There are spaces where we will limit the number of Members, Guests and Cast Members at any given time, including restaurants, pool decks and fitness centers. Our Cast Members will be there to assist you, while also helping to ensure physical distancing guidelines are maintained.
  • Temporary modifications to our amenities:
    • Restaurants and quick-service dining locations will be available in each of our Disney Resort hotels, though our menus and operating hours may be adjusted. Guests are also encouraged to use our convenient mobile order service, where available.
    • Members and Resort Guests are also welcome to enjoy our pools and recreation offerings, which may operate a little differently during this time.
Based on all that pools are definitely open but will definitely not be business as usual. No details on how limited the capacity will be or how social distancing works in the actual pool.

As far as I know water parks aren’t opening at this time.

Getachew

Pools will be open but potentially have a capacity limit and social distancing. From the DVC e-mail:

• Physical distancing at restaurants, lobbies, pools, fitness centers and other public areas, including reducing capacity where appropriate
Further details:

• Physical distancing and capacity measures: There are spaces where we will limit the number of Members, Guests and Cast Members at any given time, including restaurants, pool decks and fitness centers. Our Cast Members will be there to assist you, while also helping to ensure physical distancing guidelines are maintained.
  • Temporary modifications to our amenities:
    • Restaurants and quick-service dining locations will be available in each of our Disney Resort hotels, though our menus and operating hours may be adjusted. Guests are also encouraged to use our convenient mobile order service, where available.
    • Members and Resort Guests are also welcome to enjoy our pools and recreation offerings, which may operate a little differently during this time.
Based on all that pools are definitely open but will definitely not be business as usual. No details on how limited the capacity will be or how social distancing works in the actual pool.

As far as I know water parks aren’t opening at this time.

Looks like all types of restaurants as well. I'm interested to hear how they will deal with character dinning and buffets

Seanual757

Looks like all types of restaurants as well. I'm interesting to hear how they will deal with character dinning and buffets.

DVC resorts will be the test for the rest of the resorts a good 2 week test to see what is working and what needs to be changed before the parks open.

jrhwdw

Not a surprise but Walt Disney World and Sea World reopening plans have been officially approved for implementation.

Can Halsey give final approval?? I thought The Gov had to do that? I just went to Orlando's TV Stations' websites...nothing.

If this is final...YES!!!!

mickeymiss

Are we assuming no temp checks for hotels or buses? I was thinking worst case scenarios of someone failing a fever check at the park. They would have to be allowed normal accommodation at the hotel. There's nowhere else to go.

Bob Harlem

Agreed. That, and they'll also be monitoring UO to see how certain things go there.

Universal announced today that 6 out of the 8 hotels there are going to open on June 2nd. (Portofino and the almost but not quite opened brand new Dockside are not) I'm sure they'll have folks scouting it out.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Are we assuming no temp checks for hotels or buses? I was thinking worst case scenarios of someone failing a fever check at the park. They would have to be allowed normal accommodation at the hotel. There's nowhere else to go.
I would expect temp checks at the hotel. Universal announced temp checks for hotel guests upon arrival. Not sure if that means just at check in or each time you enter the hotel. Seems like maybe each time.

From Universal:
  • Guest will have temperature checks upon arrival and anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will require medical clearance in order to enter the hotel

mickeymiss

I would expect temp checks at the hotel. Universal announced temp checks for hotel guests upon arrival. Not sure if that means just at check in or each time you enter the hotel. Seems like maybe each time.

From Universal:
  • Guest will have temperature checks upon arrival and anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will require medical clearance in order to enter the hotel
So what happens since you can't go home? Extra precautions getting you into your room?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom