News Eliminating Fastpass and Extra Magic Hours - confirmed as of May 28

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I would probably call and make sure, the last thing you would want to do is find out when you got there that they had all been cancelled and everyplace you wanted was booked out. It is possible that the announcement that they were cancelling all of the reservations was simply made before the IT folks were scheduled to reset the system and flush everyone. I would expect them to announce it prior to them doing it... and who knows maybe they are planning on sending out a email or letter to everyone prior to them actually doing it... This is Disney so acting as a well oiled machine is probably too much to expect.
Like I said, I just received the email that states “my reservation is priority” so I’ll take that for what it is.

thomas998

Not even close. One touch at the touch point, plastic to plastic. Credit Card machines have you touching several buttons, and sometime entering a pin number. I would also think that a quick spray every few minutes and a touch point would be sterile, the CC machine has too many buttons and grooves for germs to hide.
I think the bigger issue is that if you sprayed cleaner on the CC machine after each person used it that it wouldn't be long until the spray seeped in behind the buttons and shorted out the machine... a bit like spraying Lysol on a computer keyboard, one time might not hurt it but if you sprayed the whole can it would and during a day of running credit cards it wouldn't take long to hit the CC machine with more than one can.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I think the bigger issue is that if you sprayed cleaner on the CC machine after each person used it that it wouldn't be long until the spray seeped in behind the buttons and shorted out the machine... a bit like spraying Lysol on a computer keyboard, one time might not hurt it but if you sprayed the whole can it would and during a day of running credit cards it wouldn't take long to hit the CC machine with more than one can.
Every retail store and restaurant here in S.C. wipe down their machines. You spray your cloth, not the machine.

DisneyJoe

None of my reservations have been cancelled. I wonder if it is because we are already booked DVC into Boardwalk, are FL residents or maybe because we are APs. Dates are July 18-Aug 2.
They shouldn't be cancelling DVC reservations - and they will likely move you to the Boardwalk Villas

thomas998

Every retail store and restaurant here in S.C. wipe down their machines. You spray your cloth, not the machine.
Yes, but a cloth isn't going to get into every crevice, if you had read the post I was responding to it was in response to someone suggesting they spray them because of the crevices. Most people know you just wipe them down, but they also know that wiping down a surface that isn't smooth isn't going to get everything.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Yes, but a cloth isn't going to get into every crevice, if you had read the post I was responding to it was in response to someone suggesting they spray them because of the crevices. Most people know you just wipe them down, but they also know that wiping down a surface that isn't smooth isn't going to get everything.
My bad for not reading the quote.

TeriofTerror

I have no FP+ and no dining, but old one-day tix with no expiration that are linked to my MDE. I received the email overnight about the changed.
I really can't figure out a rhyme or reason to this. My daughter received an email but I have not, even though I'm the lead guest on our reservation. No one in the other party we are traveling with has received one.

HkPro

I hope they don't get rid of FP+ forever.
FP+ is the best for families. I have young kids and rope drop and do rides without FP. Then we meet up with my sister who has teenagers that sleep in, and with our FP+ we are able to ride the big rides together as a family. Then they stay later than us. It's a big perk of staying on property for us.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I hope they don't get rid of FP+ forever.
FP+ is the best for families. I have young kids and rope drop and do rides without FP. Then we meet up with my sister who has teenagers that sleep in, and with our FP+ we are able to ride the big rides together as a family. Then they stay later than us. It's a big perk of staying on property for us.
You’ll live. You’ll manage. Life will find a way. It’ll be ok.

Mainahman

No email, yet, but im monitoring. Everything is still there in MDE. I paid a couple thousand on the trip, and had planned to pay it off in june. Waiting to hear fleshed out details as i hate to lock into a day 60 days out at AK, and have it rain etc. waiting to hear more about all of that before we make any additional changes or anything. The way its looking, both trips will end up being within a year of eachother. should of just bought an AP...

ImperfectPixie

I think plans are still being finalized for how that will be handled. It is obviously going to be difficult during the period of making reservations to enter the park, so I wouldn't assume that park hopping will be a go - at least at first.
Is the September 2021 in the article on the main page possibly a typo? Or are they really cancelling dining plans for more than a year out?

Touchdown

I have been on record of wishing Maxpass came to WDW. I’m totally fine with that.

What I’m not ok with is:
-Not being able to have a TS meal every day
-EMH getting eliminated along with virtually every resort perk, even transportation to the parks is currently not even a benefit to any park that isn’t MK as I would rather drive a card and avoid close contact with other people
-Paying Disney Prices and getting an off season Busch Gardens experience. There will be no parades, no spectaculars, no live shows, and potentially no theatre shows of any kind. The rides are not enough for me to pay those rates, even with an AP.

I’m glad I’m not going in July, I would cancel. I’ll wait on October to see if anything changes. I think Disney opening in this capacity is a mistake, I don’t see the demand being there with those prices. If I’m right then the company will be in a Sophie’s Choice scenario and will have to either close the parks again or lower prices, assuming they can’t relax restrictions.

Rider

No email, yet, but im monitoring. Everything is still there in MDE. I paid a couple thousand on the trip, and had planned to pay it off in june. Waiting to hear fleshed out details as i hate to lock into a day 60 days out at AK, and have it rain etc. waiting to hear more about all of that before we make any additional changes or anything. The way its looking, both trips will end up being within a year of eachother. should of just bought an AP...
The emails are not unique and just repeat what was already on the website last night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom