News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am very curious where the line is or going to be where many guests regardless if they drop prices (which I don’t expect) simply won’t go until things are normal again and where disney isn’t making any money or even losing trying to keep the parks and resorts staffed and opened.
At first I through it wouldn’t matter...now I think in the last 36 hours that Disney isn’t close to that bar.

Getachew

The pitiful opening plans they’ve put out so far - not that they have much choice - won’t lead to profits.

You’re talking about most of your staff with way less customers and far less ancillary revenue potential. It’s gotta open up fast to make money...if they restrictions stay till the end of the year?? And travel falls which is inevitable?

They won’t make any money. July is pointless to open.

Maybe the theory that WDW pushed up their re-opening because of UO is true. Different insiders seem to have different opinions in that regard. Some say July was always the earliest feasible re-opening window.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
They are trying to reopen a theme park in the middle of a Global Pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of people. I don't think they care that they are getting blasted on social media right now.
I don’t mean to sound rude or uncaring but the attention span of many has moved on from the virus. Whether it’s just virus fatigue or people believing that it’s under control and over, people are tired of it.

oceanbreeze77

I actually think they don’t want to open at all and have unveiled an “active deterrence” policy. The case can be made.

And I doubt they’re looking for walkons. They’ve been trying to squeeze every cent out of wdw labor since 1994 (that date mean anything to anyone?)...I doubt that’s going to completely reverse now.

I don’t see walk ons...no chance they don’t lose money
Also if they have to close again that's less rescheduling they have to do

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Or these people need to reevaluate their expectations. What's Disney supposed to do better here? There'd be more outrage if Disney randomly booted some reservations to keep others. We'd read ad nauseam people "connecting the dots" to how Disney unfairly targeted them to cancel long plans.

If people want to be mad at Disney about FP+s then at least wait until we see ride capacity and times.
I don’t blame Disney for this really at all.

They had no plans for this...and their standard operating procedure doesn’t work in these conditions...so they’re kinda at a loss.

Especially with that timeshare. Woah boy...

They can’t really be faulted for not have “SARS linebacker firezone blitz” in the playbook.

rct247

It was inevitable. The entire resort millions of Guests per year. Capacities of rides, restaurants, and parks will be significantly reduced. Menus will be changed. Some attractions and restaurants won't be available. You can't shuffle reservations around to please everyone, you can't count on half of those with existing plans being able to even use them, and you have to discourage major crowds from visiting until things sort themselves out, let alone a resurgence in the fall. They can't meet their promises so they have to cancel outright. This is a big blow, but wait there's more. To be continued...

disneygeek90

I don’t mean to sound rude or uncaring but the attention span of many has moved on from the virus. Whether it’s just virus fatigue or people believing that it’s under control and over, people are tired of it.
Right, but that doesn’t mean that Disney is going to pretend everything is fine and open it’s gates as normal. They don’t need that added press.

monothingie

Premium Member
Right, but that doesn’t mean that Disney is going to pretend everything is fine and open it’s gates as normal. They don’t need that added press.

Even With all the precautions taken someone will get sick and die at WDW from CV19 And also at USO. It will be covered intensely by the media and then go away. That’a the beauty or horror of the 24 hour news cycle.

Getachew

Even With all the precautions taken someone will get sick and die at WDW from CV19 And also at USO. It will be covered intensely by the media and then go away. That’a the beauty or horror of the 24 hour news cycle.

Let's be realistic, WDW will get much more flack from the media and general public if an outbreak happens compared to UO. Is it fair? Nope, but it is what it is.

monothingie

Premium Member
I'll believe it when I see it. People are always threatening to quit Disney and yet they keep growing.
An interesting tool available for DVC members is the availability tool. While I don’t check it daily I do look at it every week and the month to month availability within the 7 month window is getting more and more frequent. Even for busy DVC time in September, and October. So there is movement there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom