News Eliminating Fastpass and Extra Magic Hours - confirmed as of May 28

DisFanMark

Disney's official statement tonight:

Beginning May 28, 2020, all dining reservations, experience bookings, Disney dining plan and FastPass+ selections will be cancelled. Guests with existing Resort reservations will have priority access to the new park reservation system when it becomes available. Additionally, when reservations for dining and other experiences resume, Guests who had existing reservations will receive priority access to rebook. Keep in mind, for dining locations within our parks, Guests will need a park reservation and valid admission before they can rebook dining and experiences.

Guests who purchased a Disney dining plan and tickets for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation and refund of their Disney dining plan.

Guests who booked Resort hotel reservations with a Free Dining package for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation of their Disney dining plan and are invited to rebook their vacation for a later date with a 35% room discount.

Plans to support required physical distancing as well as enhanced cleaning measures, along with a number of other safety and cleanliness protocols, will be implemented as part of this planned phased reopening.

DisFanMark

Beginning May 28, 2020, all dining reservations, experience bookings, Disney dining plan and FastPass+ selections will be cancelled. Guests with existing Resort reservations will have priority access to the new park reservation system when it becomes available. Additionally, when reservations for dining and other experiences resume, Guests who had existing reservations will receive priority access to rebook. Keep in mind, for dining locations within our parks, Guests will need a park reservation and valid admission before they can rebook dining and experiences.

Guests who purchased a Disney dining plan and tickets for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation and refund of their Disney dining plan.

Guests who booked Resort hotel reservations with a Free Dining package for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation of their Disney dining plan and are invited to rebook their vacation for a later date with a 35% room discount.

Plans to support required physical distancing as well as enhanced cleaning measures, along with a number of other safety and cleanliness protocols, will be implemented as part of this planned phased reopening.

jt04

Thought I’d attempt to move this discussion to its own thread..

So people currently cannot make new FP+ selections... and others are starting to notice that their FP+ reservations are disappearing. From what everyone’s been discussing, these could potentially be the options.

1). A virtual queue system for as many attractions as possible.

2). A virtual queue system for just the E-Tickets (most popular).

3). Eliminating FP+ altogether, and only having standby lines, no virtual queue.

Thoughts? Speculation? Insider source? Any news?

My guess is the App will allow guests a guarantee of a certain number of attractions each day. You will select from a menu the same day. Repeat rides the same day will be standby only. Or possibly through an upcharge. And only available after the guaranteed boarding passes have been completed if time allows. Just my opinion

Touchdown

I’m more frustrated about the dining reservations being canceled through the end of the year. Had a great schedule in October, now I have to do it all over again in July. They at least seem to be keeping a record of who had reservations before.

danv3

They are coming

You would know, but it's pretty unbelievable to me that they gave a major presentation on their infection control strategy yesterday and didn't mention them. Virtual queues are directly relevant to what the task force voted to approve. That's a huge omission.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You would know, but it's pretty unbelievable to me that they gave a major presentation on their infection control strategy yesterday and didn't mention them. Virtual queues are directly relevant to what the task force voted to approve. That's a huge omission.
The task force is really only interested in 6ft spacing, masks, and temperature checks. Anything beyond that is a bonus, and Disney will certainly be doing a lot more than that.

peter11435

Virtual queues are directly related to effective park operations under these circumstances. But they’re not exactly what the task force cares about at this moment.

Last edited:

Ben_since_1971

So does this mean just the dining plan portion is canceled and not the whole package?? I’d still like to see more details but this is starting to become a game changer for my Sept trip. I can understand the rationale, but unless they can give me a break on the cost of my trip without ‘free’ dining, I may pass. Unless I can use that 35% discount to ‘rebook’ my trip (sans dining).

drew81

The complexity of what we are seeing now really makes it clear just how convoluted planning a WDW trip had become. I really hope that lessons are learned from all this and going forward things are a little simpler for everyone involved.

Wonder if PhotoPass makes the cut or is severely limited?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom