News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Posted this in the FP thread but worth sharing here. Confirmed that all FP+ and dining reservations are cancelled, along with the termination of the DDP.

View attachment 473354
Wow. Makes sense. My ADRs for August are still in the system but I assume they will get wiped. Extended to September 2021. I can’t imagine the reservation system lasts that long but who knows. It ain’t gonna be gone any time soon.

zengoth

I wonder if they have decided how long they are extending annual passes? They were supposed to extend them the # of days they were shut down, but does that mean the clock starts ticking again on July 11th? or 15th? or are they waiting until they are at 100% capacity?
and are they still going to honor summer blackout dates?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They exist but more existed before (on a daily basis) and weren't know because of less testing.
But that doesn’t mean what i’ve seen most of the diversion tactics lead it to:
That it’s “overblown”

If anything...it’s gonna prove the models more correct.

The “hoax” theory has been the biggest hoax. Which was inevitable when you fight science.

And the “numbers are higher because There’s more testing” leaves out a bit of the details that matter:and that it’s not even close to a lot of testing has been done...which means there’s slot more out there...which means it’s still gonna spread

zengoth

Picture Main Street on any random morning, even a morning with light crowds. Honestly picture in your head what it would look like for people to be swerving around to keep six feet of distance with other people. Better yet, imagine an entire family walking around in a group trying to swerve around as a group to keep six feet of distance from other families who are also walking around as a group. It doesn't pass the most basic level of common sense. It's completely absurd.
I thought social distancing was about folks who are in one place being 6 feet from another stationary person. No one can avoid walking past other people in any situation. (although they may divide main street in half to keep traffic flowing in opposite directions) Social distancing is for queues and theater seating and restaurant seating and poolside seating. It's doubtful passing by someone who is also walking is a health danger.

jt04

APs will never be phased out. 🤣This isn't discovery cove. This is a THEME PARK that requires millions of people to come per year.

The place started without APs. I think the App and daily separate ticket options can more than make up the difference. Having control of the numbers of guests in the parks with a high degree of certainty has tremendous potential advantages for operations and logistics. And revenue. In my opinion.

durangojim

I think Disney has to be very careful how they roll out this plan in regards to their attractions. There will be a lot of ill will if people can’t get on the rides they want but had FPs for those rides that were cancelled. The more I think about it I think they should either suspend FPs completely for the next 3-6 months or go to a system like universal does with resort guests getting priority access but without any kind of reservation time. I don’t have a problem with having to make a reservation for a specific park for the day but if I can’t be guaranteed the rides I already had FPs for I’m not going to be spending my money there this summer.

peter11435

I think Disney has to be very careful how they roll out this plan in regards to their attractions. There will be a lot of ill will if people can’t get on the rides they want but had FPs for those rides that were cancelled. The more I think about it I think they should either suspend FPs completely for the next 3-6 months or go to a system like universal does with resort guests getting priority access but without any kind of reservation time. I don’t have a problem with having to make a reservation for a specific park for the day but if I can’t be guaranteed the rides I already had FPs for I’m not going to be spending my money there this summer.
If attendance is capped, you won’t need any fastpasses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom