All things Universal Studios Hollywood

socalifornian

is mario kart a roller coaster or a indoor dark ride? what is the yoshi ride supposed to be?
Between possible blueprints and the way people talk about Mario Kart over at Inside Universal it will probably be closer to something like Indy/Dinosaur and Radiator Springs Racers/Test Track than a coaster. Yoshi is more of a classic dark ride, pretty sure DK is a coaster tho

No Name

View attachment 473331
A new photo of Super Nintendo World in Japan is making the rounds. Hopefully, a taste of things to come.

It looks absolutely fantastic and I’ve heard great things about it. Entering through the pipe and then having that stunning reveal will be amazing. I imagine this is going to be massively successful.

Just not sure how crowd flow is supposed to work. One entrance/exit?

1590721968510.jpeg

Phroobar

It looks absolutely fantastic and I’ve heard great things about it. Entering through the pipe and then having that stunning reveal will be amazing. I imagine this is going to be massively successful.

Just not sure how crowd flow is supposed to work. One entrance/exit?

View attachment 473421
That land looks super crowded. There isn't a lot of space for crowds. I wonder if SLOPs is a larger ride than Mario Yoshi ride. Yoshi looks smaller since the show building behind is all Mario Kart. Yoshi is looks mulitlevel while I don't think SLOPs is.

Disneylover152

That land looks super crowded. There isn't a lot of space for crowds. I wonder if SLOPs is a larger ride than Mario Yoshi ride. Yoshi looks smaller since the show building behind is all Mario Kart. Yoshi is looks mulitlevel while I don't think SLOPs is.

The Yoshi Ride looks very short, but it looks like it could be the Universal People Mover in a way. I personally think USH got the better deal for this, they can now advertise 2 separate rides rather than advertising just a Nintendo area.

I'm actually really excited to see how they adapt this area for USH, with it being a different layout, less rides, etc.

Phroobar

The Yoshi Ride looks very short, but it looks like it could be the Universal People Mover in a way. I personally think USH got the better deal for this, they can now advertise 2 separate rides rather than advertising just a Nintendo area.

I'm actually really excited to see how they adapt this area for USH, with it being a different layout, less rides, etc.
What is interesting at USH is that you enter the land facing Princess Peach's castle while in Japan, it is reverse. Both areas we enter through Bowser's castle for the Mario Kart ride. I don't think USH will feel quite as tight without the Yoshi ride.

IMG_2483.jpg

I'm not sure where DK land could be put with the remaining USH space. I guess it could be pushed up against a wall or something. The surrounding sound stages are new if I remember correctly.

Super-Nintendo-World-Donkey-Kong.jpg

Disneylover152

What is interesting at USH is that you enter the land facing Princess Peach's castle while in Japan, it is reverse. Both areas we enter through Bowser's castle for the Mario Kart ride. I don't think USH will feel quite as tight without the Yoshi ride.

IMG_2483.jpg

I'm not sure where DK land could be put with the remaining USH space. I guess it could be pushed up against a wall or something. The surrounding sound stages are new if I remember correctly.

Super-Nintendo-World-Donkey-Kong.jpg

Only way I think they would be able to is if they demo those soundstages behind the land.

But, isn't their an unofficial rule or something at USH of no out-door rides that cause a lot of screams, as to not interfere with theming. I do recall reading something that when they built Jurassic Park, they purposely built it so the drop was facing away from the backlot? I wonder if Donkey Kong will cause issues with sound?

Phroobar

Only way I think they would be able to is if they demo those soundstages behind the land.

But, isn't their an unofficial rule or something at USH of no out-door rides that cause a lot of screams, as to not interfere with theming. I do recall reading something that when they built Jurassic Park, they purposely built it so the drop was facing away from the backlot? I wonder if Donkey Kong will cause issues with sound?
The only place I can see DK go is in the Mummy building. Years ago there was talk of expanding the theme park to area were the plane crash and whoville used to be.

DisneyEthan

They could always just make the coaster completely indoors

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom