Original Bride Revealed

Dragonman

Original Poster
This was discussed recently over on Micechat in the amazing Haunted Mansion thread, but since it relates to WDW I figured it would be appropriate to discuss here as well.

Recently LongForgottenHauntedMansion blogger Dan Olson (HBG2) and yensidtlaw1969 unearthed this photo:
E6C39F22-56AE-42E6-A3F4-0B11FC43EB4C.png

Which looks almost like this one which has usually been deemed a prototype/Disneyland’s original bride:
5235F7F5-9852-4ADB-B0AF-C3A21B00EE32.png

However, what you’re looking at here is in fact WDW’s original bride. Pay close attention to the arm shapes, the desk drawers and the lighting rig under the desk:
1A3DE062-821F-4E41-B6DB-1464B08EB7A5.jpeg

4D3101A4-944B-4F18-9A41-38ED858DA577.png

It is currently unknown if the bride photos were taken pre-opening or post-opening however it is definitive proof this version WAS installed in the ride and eventually modified sometime around 1975/76.

So yes, the mystery has finally been solved thanks to HBG2 and yensidtlaw1969. Full conversation here: https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/...-further-realms-of-fright/page652#post8619332

yensidtlaw1969

Well, word does get around!

I can really only take credit for finding the photo and noticing the furniture in it - I wrongly theorized it might mean this was a picture of the Disneyland Bride in her original spot before being moved to The Hatbox Ghost's former spot, HBG2 is the one who put the clues together to determine that the picture was actually of Walt Disney World's original Bride. Most likely a pre-opening shot, with the figure not fully finished. There are a good handful of photos from WDW's Mansion that show it in a not-quite-finished state, so it makes sense that this would follow that trend.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The top two pictures are IMO identical; only with edits either to one or both of the images to show the effect in action. Or taken from the master or taken consecutively to show before and after effect. It's the same ghost bride however.

VicariousCorpse

The top two pictures are IMO identical; only with edits either to one or both of the images to show the effect in action. Or taken from the master or taken consecutively to show before and after effect. It's the same ghost bride however.
They talked about exactly this in the thread. There is doubling exposure on the eye effect that would be crazy to replicate on the photo at the time. There is another picture with the glowing eyes that is slightly different but without the doubling. The fabric next to the heart effect has light scattering and diffusing that would also be crazy to try and add on after. Also the figure schematics show that the figure has these capabilities.
Edit: Your edit in the time I made this post, made mine pretty moot.

yensidtlaw1969

They talked about exactly this in the thread. There is doubling exposure on the eye effect that would be crazy to replicate on the photo at the time. There is another picture with the glowing eyes that is slightly different but without the doubling. The fabric next to the heart effect has light scattering and diffusing that would also be crazy to try and add on after. Also the figure schematics show that the figure has these capabilities.
Edit: Your edit in the time I made this post, made mine pretty moot.
It is the same Bride, but different photos - even beyond the question of whether or not the eyes and heart are edited in, there are subtle differences that prove the "new" photo is a different shot than the famous one. The most prominent one is the veil - in the "new" photo the veil is visibly blurrier from movement than it is in the original, which becomes very clear when you lay one photo over the other.

Dragonman

Original Poster
Another update from the Micechat thread/HBG2’s Blog. These new awesomely hi-res photos have been found of her on Flickr. It’s been confirmed they’re from 1973, meaning she WAS actually in the ride during its early years...
B48036C8-8FAC-4D9F-BAF9-12F45D6082C7.jpeg

FEFA9144-A69A-48B9-AA08-48E4994A7DC2.jpeg

Interestingly thanks to the high quality, you can actually see she did have minimal facial details:
85D3C449-423A-4915-9677-27C57542FD92.jpeg

Read all about it here: https://longforgottenhauntedmansion.../has-mystery-of-original-bride-photo.html?m=1

Haunted Mansion Flicker users account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29883059@N05/

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom