News Eliminating Fastpass and Extra Magic Hours - confirmed as of May 28

hopemax

How about DL's Maxpass - Day Of FP system, as an option. Virtual queue, I'm envisioning a no standby option, like RotR. While "day of" FP would allow for both standby and still FP.

Maybe not upon reopening, but a goal to reach, and then they can just keep it after the pandemic ends.

Hcalvert

Thought I’d attempt to move this discussion to its own thread..

So people currently cannot make new FP+ selections... and others are starting to notice that their FP+ reservations are disappearing. From what everyone’s been discussing, these could potentially be the options.

1). A virtual queue system for as many attractions as possible.

2). A virtual queue system for just the E-Tickets (most popular).

3). Eliminating FP+ altogether, and only having standby lines, no virtual queue.

Thoughts? Speculation? Insider source? Any news?
I was on the phone with both ticketing and internet help earlier to take the partial refund, renew, and then had problems with them showing in my account properly. They said a lot of the ticket and reservation-related things online would look wonky as systems were upgrading and changing to different setups. At the very least, that may be the reason that the FPs disappeared. If so, they might come back online at another time or be completely disregarded as speculated in this rumor for a completely different "setup."

aladdin2007

I don't mind this but I do mind the virtual. Then what you have too many people standing around with nowhere to go and nothing to do (most theater attractions will be closed right?), waiting in lines to enter a shop or get a snack....I just see this as a headache. not to mention not being allowed to experience an attraction in general unless you have a reserved return time, its all too complicated. Maybe they wont require the virtual thing except on a couple of main attractions? But for every single ride and attraction? How would that even work, unless your on your phone all day trying to use what has always been a conflicted system.

Hcalvert

My fastpasses were back in my account less than five minutes ago.

Two minutes later--all gone with error messages.

I was just going into my account to check my annual passes since they emailed me to check it.

Edit: They are back and look to be staying at least for now.

Last edited:

TriSeb

My MDE had a message this morning about my late July/Aug FPs not being accessible but I just logged in to take a screenshot of the message and they are all now visible 🤷

TriSeb

Actually, I can't modify them to move them to the new hours of operations of the parks.

On the Change Time or Experience page, no matter what what time of day or specific time is selected, the systems returns:
All FastPass+ times for this theme park have been distributed for the selected date. Please choose a different day or use standby entrances.

lentesta

Premium Member
In order to give out FPs, they need to know the hourly capacity of each ride. They may not yet know that hourly capacity, hence the need to re-do FPs.

My guess is the hard cap on attendance is going to be a factor in FPs - there's no point in letting me get a FP 60 days from today, if I'm not yet guaranteed entry into the parks.

nickys

Premium Member
So I saw this:

“For the first time, Disney will manage park attendance through a new system that will require all guests to obtain advance reservations for entry. The details of this system will be announced soon. “It’s gonna take some time to take the millions of reservations that we’ve already got on the books and then switch that over to a new reservations system,” Disney CEO Bob Chapek told Bloomberg News”.

So what if they are switching people with plans to the new system. So those with FPs and ADRs are allocated the park that aligns with their plans for each day.

And when your FPs disappear, it means your plans have been “migrated” over.

And then, because of reduced park capacity, either they eliminate FPs altogether or they reset the FP system to be the 4th FP of the day. So that you book one at a time, on the day. And they control availability to be more like boarding groups. My guess is numbers are low enough to not need FPs.

Just my thoughts

The one big question is, is there enough capacity in the parks to do that? But it does sound like it, from Chapek’s comments.

coachwnh

Our fastpasses were gone earlier, but are back in our plans as of just a few minutes ago. Not sure what this means. We arrive July 20.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
And when your FPs disappear, it means your plans have been “migrated” over.

And then, because of reduced park capacity, either they eliminate FPs altogether or they reset the FP system to be the 4th FP of the day. So that you book one at a time, on the day. And they control availability to be more like boarding groups. My guess is numbers are low enough to not need FPs.

Just my thoughts

The one big question is, is there enough capacity in the parks to do that? But it does sound like it, from Chapek’s comments.
Having FP still helps them regulate line length though. if the lines exceed the stickers I could see that being a problem. I guess it just depends how they use the VQ system (which, isn't Fastpass Classic just a lower tech form of virtual queue anyway?)

crawale

Had FPs from 7/12-7/25 and they’re all gone now. Hoping it’s a glitch but other boards are saying the same thing. I did take screen shots of all of them yesterday so we’ll see what happens.
View attachment 473309
I have both Fast Passes and Dining July 18 - Aug 2nd. Still deciding whether to cancel the whole thing though as it seems a bit ridiculous to spend that much money on a hotel and have to wear a mask. I live in Florida and masks aren't required just about everywhere - only in the whole foods store and that is not enforced. I've asked what to expect - pools etc - at the hotel before I decide. Was on the phone this morning - wait 1 1/2 hours to cancel some prepaid events and was told that if you cancel the resort on-line the fast passes will not automatically cancel but just to do so to release them to other guests which in the light of those whose passes disappeared does not make sense. Can it be the type of reservation you have? I have Boardwalk DVC and Boardwalk cash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom