News Eliminating Fastpass and Extra Magic Hours - confirmed as of May 28

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
UPDATED May 28 9:00pm
Disney suspends FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours at Walt Disney World along with cancelling all pre-booked experiences

ORIGINAL POST

Thought I’d attempt to move this discussion to its own thread..

So people currently cannot make new FP+ selections... and others are starting to notice that their FP+ reservations are disappearing. From what everyone’s been discussing, these could potentially be the options.

1). A virtual queue system for as many attractions as possible.

2). A virtual queue system for just the E-Tickets (most popular).

3). Eliminating FP+ altogether, and only having standby lines, no virtual queue.

Thoughts? Speculation? Insider source? Any news?

Last edited by a moderator:

Schneewittchen

So people currently cannot make new FP+ selections... and others are starting to notice that their FP+ reservations are disappearing. From what everyone’s been discussing, these could potentially be the options.

3). Eliminating FP+ altogether, and only having standby lines, no virtual queue.

Can we add old timey Disneyland fastpasses? Or am I just dreaming?

durangojim

Had FPs from 7/12-7/25 and they’re all gone now. Hoping it’s a glitch but other boards are saying the same thing. I did take screen shots of all of them yesterday so we’ll see what happens.
462E29F0-3C39-48C5-9ED0-413394ED1932.jpeg

DisneyJoe

What about them creating the new park entrance reservation system first, and then linking FP+ or virtual queues into that, as well as ADRs that are in park?

In other words, if you don't have a park reservation, you cannot make an in park ADR or FP+/boarding group (if they exist) ?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think we would have to assume that the reopening will be done in a way that is manageable from an operations point. I don't see FP+ being available when it is uncertain who will be able to enter the parks. It adds an unnecessary layer of complexity. With numbers being severely capped, I would expect it to feel very much like a After Hours event with attractions having very little wait. FP+ may not be necessary.

danv3

No surprise really. IF there are FP at all, you wouldn't be allowed to pick them until after you've secured a reservation for the appropriate park. No reason for someone to have DAK FPs only to find out that the only park they can enter that day is EPCOT.

Magic Feather

I think we would have to assume that the reopening will be done in a way that is manageable from an operations point. I don't see FP+ being available when it is uncertain who will be able to enter the parks. It adds an unnecessary layer of complexity. With numbers being severely capped, I would expect it to feel very much like a After Hours event with attractions having very little wait. FP+ may not be necessary.
I'd compare wait times more to a Halloween or Xmas Party than After Hours.

danv3

Surely there's almost no chance of Disney suddenly implementing virtual queues without mentioning them in their presentation to the task force or the subsequent blog post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom