News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Rich Brownn

Ok first off I’m one of the biggest advocates for Disney (But yes they do make mistakes and I’ll admit when something is done wrong) I also own a rather decent amount of stock. So I’ll also be voicing my opinion to them directly. But I’d like to vent on here and also perhaps draw attention to them in a mass group of us.

- Why are they charging the regular rates when park hours are cut, no entertainment such as parades and fireworks and I’m guessing shows also.
- Forcing the guests to wear masks. (Yes I know they help but in this case it should be up to the individual, if they don’t feel safe being around others without masks then stay home)
- it will totally ruin the Disney magic of having cast members separated by plexiglass and also wearing masks.
- I could go on and on but most my points have been made.
- So I propose we fight back and send Disney as many messages as we can telling them how we don’t like their new rules and to put things back to normal.
Since the masks protects other against you not the other way around, unless everyone wears a mask its pointless (still can't believe we have to explain this). In other words, wearing a mask is a sign you respect other people. Period.

Rich Brownn

I thought it funny Universal said they were turning off water features because they don't know how the virus spreads with water, but they have the water park open.
I think it had more to do with the masks getting wet. Masks are not used in the water at Volcano Bay. (It also stated masks would not be required on water attractions).

Rich Brownn

Because employees shouldn't be forced to accept that risk. WDW and the union are protecting the employees.

If anyone thinks this won't be enforced, you'll have CMs and their union reps after Disney management about the employees being put at risk if it isn't enforced.
Because not wearing a mask isn't a risk for you. You can't but down "entering without a mask can endanger others" without admitting you are contributing to liability.

jrhwdw

So.... is the Governor going to look at and approve WDW/SWO today????? Still nothing on Twitter after the mayor approved it.

disneygeek90

They should just open the doors. Masks, no masks. Doesn't matter. We all know full well that as soon as the gates are opened and people are allowed in the parks they will fill it to capacity again and 99% of the people will not be social distancing or wearing a mask. Disney knows this. They are just trying to set themselves up for the inevitable public relations nightmare that could hit them when waves of people are infected with this virus after visiting Disney. They will say "We did everything we could." when in fact they are not going to enforce the rules they are putting in place. I am not trying to be downer here, just a realist. You are seeing it in every state that has opened in phases. As soon as they said "Phase 1 (Masks, social distancing, sanitizing measures, etc)" people collectively got up and said "Well, COVID19 is gone now so let's head to the beach/store/restaurant, etc and forget the masks!"
Does everyone forget that Cast Members are real people? You can't just let in the crowds en masses, from all over the world, and not even try to protect the CM's. The last thing Disney needs in the coming months is an outbreak within their own employees.

Vtlsgns

Why is everyone thinking they’ll be canceling reservations still? The info sent out said all resort hotels will be opening.
Personally, I’m just nervous😂It’s been a stressful few months, and I am hoping for the best. There has been a lot of anticipation, and some of the statements from Disney are not very clear, in terms of reservations for parks.

mickeymiss

Personally, I’m just nervous😂It’s been a stressful few months, and I am hoping for the best. There has been a lot of anticipation, and some of the statements from Disney are not very clear, in terms of reservations for parks.

I'm looking for all the possible loopholes (partial deposit versus full payment; booking more recently versus several months or even years ago). I don't want to get blindsided by some contingency they might introduce. I'm never confident until my foot touches ground on the property lol. We booked at a weird time. We didn't have to fully pay until 7/6 so naturally we waited in case they didn't open at all. I'm dancing between excited and pessimistic.

G00fyDad

Does everyone forget that Cast Members are real people? You can't just let in the crowds en masses, from all over the world, and not even try to protect the CM's. The last thing Disney needs in the coming months is an outbreak within their own employees.

I am aware of that. I would LOVE to see the CM's protected, every guest wearing a mask, social distancing, etc. but I know full well that this will NEVER happen. People are selfish and entitled. You'll hear the inevitable "I paid $10K for this vacation and you are not going to make me wear a mask!" and the CM's will do nothing about it just like they ignore selfie sticks and smoking.

Lilofan

I am aware of that. I would LOVE to see the CM's protected, every guest wearing a mask, social distancing, etc. but I know full well that this will NEVER happen. People are selfish and entitled. You'll hear the inevitable "I paid $10K for this vacation and you are not going to make me wear a mask!" and the CM's will do nothing about it.
I can see why cast may actually be afraid for their lives to report for work because of some ignorant guests who refuse to keep their masks on.

Vtlsgns

I'm looking for all the possible loopholes (partial deposit versus full payment; booking more recently versus several months or even years ago). I don't want to get blindsided by some contingency they might introduce. I'm never confident until my foot touches ground on the property lol. We booked at a weird time. We didn't have to fully pay until 7/6 so naturally we waited in case they didn't open at all. I'm dancing between excited and pessimistic.
I am totally with you on that!

mickeymiss

I vote for realistic expectations. They will likely have to relax the mask mandate more outside but I have no problem wearing one anywhere inside and in lines. That won't ruin it for me since I'm very germaphobic anyway. I can see why others disagree so going at a later time suits them better. I want these rules and I will graciously comply. I just hope they are reasonable and based on the best data.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I propose we don’t.

Or you point them here where it seems the majority accept it’s the short term price to pay.
Agreed. Disney could have easily left the parks/resorts shuttered until later this fall or next year when it looks like a vaccine will be available and the opportunity to maximize profits is better.

JohnD

In addition to reduced hours, it looks like you can’t purchase MNSSHP tickets either. I’m look at the week of 10/18 where I have tentative plans to return.

peter11435

Ok first off I’m one of the biggest advocates for Disney (But yes they do make mistakes and I’ll admit when something is done wrong) I also own a rather decent amount of stock. So I’ll also be voicing my opinion to them directly. But I’d like to vent on here and also perhaps draw attention to them in a mass group of us.

- Why are they charging the regular rates when park hours are cut, no entertainment such as parades and fireworks and I’m guessing shows also.
- Forcing the guests to wear masks. (Yes I know they help but in this case it should be up to the individual, if they don’t feel safe being around others without masks then stay home)
- it will totally ruin the Disney magic of having cast members separated by plexiglass and also wearing masks.
- I could go on and on but most my points have been made.
- So I propose we fight back and send Disney as many messages as we can telling them how we don’t like their new rules and to put things back to normal.

Listen, given the circumstances opening with no restrictions and without new rules was not an option. The alternative was not opening at all. So if you don’t like the new rules then don’t go until they are lifted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom