Trip Report You and me, we're in a club now! *COMPLETE*

Hello Everyone!

Now that we are less than a week away (and we've just finished our last trip report oops!). It's time for Our pre-trip report for our next holiday. This next ones a big one so hopefully it should be even more fun!

Who?
We are Natasha (Tasha) and Adam, we're from the East coast of the UK and we love disney world! If you have caught our last couple of trip reports you know that we love a semi relaxed approach to our holidays in disney and we like to see where the fun takes us. We both like to take it in turns writing the trip report together (so that we prolong the fun) and will refer to each other as N or A.

We are also going to be joined this trip by 13 of our nearest and dearest. We range in age from 63 to 2 years old, first timer's to seasoned disney veterans. I imagine they will all make their appearance in the trip report one way or another. Trying to plan a trip for this many people has been one headache I don't want to repeat for some time.

Where?
This visit we are lucky enough to be staying on property for 2 weeks! We are initially spending 4 nights just the two of us at POFQ and then we are joining my family at OKW resort for the rest of the trip. Everyone else is staying at a mix of coronado springs, wilderness lodge, all star sports and the hilton at disney springs.

When?
September 7th-September 21st. There will be 15 of us for the first week and then 7 of us for the second week.

Why?
This is the big one. We are getting Married!!! We initially were supposed to be married this May but unfortunately due to a vendor bankruptcy we had to scrap our plans a week before xmas. After that there was much panic and scrambling to get together a plan B. We had already booked our holiday for this September so decided why not get married at the happiest place on earth?? It was a big change going from a wedding of 120+ people down to just 15 people but we are lucky that everyone has been very supportive with our wishes.

What are our plans?
We have been steadily planning through the year with Disney Fairy Tail Wedding's for the big day on September the 9th. We will have a couple of days to get our body clocks aligned before the big day. The details of the day we'll keep quiet for now as I don't want any family members accidentally catching on as we have a few surprises in store for them all 😜. The rest of our time we are planning to show the first timers the joy of disney, hopefully catch some time at galaxys edge, make the most of all the extra magic hours. We have park shoots planned at both MK and epcot in our wedding attire. My parents are DVC members and we were lucky to get tickets for the moonlight magic in the second week of the stay. We are annual pass holders to both disney and universal right now so we will also be heading to the dark side with the hopes of catching a ride on Hagrid's motorbike adventure. We are big lovers of halloween and cant wait to experience this years HHN. As it is the first part of our honeymoon adventure we have treated ourselves to the rush of fear pass with express. This means hopefully we should get to experience all the houses several times!

We cant wait to share the upcoming adventure with you all!

Rista1313

Day 15 - September 21st

Today it was time to fly home... 😭😭😭😭😭😭

We woke up at 08:30 and started packing, we got back way to late last night to get backed so thought we would start early the next day.

We were hoping to pop into the pool for a swim before we left but unfortunately mass family packing meant we were a little slower than usual!

Also we needed to head to old navy as tasha had bought a dress in the wrong size and needed to get it changed!

Then it was time to head to Target and get some last minute presents and snacks for the journey home! We love going to target and always end up buying wayyyyy to much. I got as many red vines as i could carry as well as a spade load of chips ahoy chewy. (we honestly love them way too much)

We topped up the car on petrol and then headed off to the airport!

Driving to the airport like...

It was a big mood...

When we arrived we discussed with the customer service reps at Alamo about our many, many issues we had with their cars unfortunately we couldn't get a physical refund, only vouchers to use next time... ( i mean... we will probably use them again but i was still pretty annoyed...)

Then i was the most dreaded time of the holiday... Weigh in time for our cases!!
Tasha first...
View attachment 471829
The limit is 23KG and we both just got by...

View attachment 471831
Just....

Although i'm a little annoyed, i could have easily fit at least one more pack of chips ahoy in there!

We breezed though security (a miracle for MCO) and headed to eat in bahama breeze, we still hadn't heard from Tashas family so assumed they were still getting the car unloaded

So we got the Key west nachos

View attachment 471836

Someone was very suprised with the size!
View attachment 471838

I treated myself to a cocktail It was the bahama mama which was coconut, black barcardi, castillo silver rum, banana liquor with pineapple and orange juice!
View attachment 471839

Tasha had the bacon cheeseburger which looked rather tasty!
View attachment 471840

then i naturally got the shrimp tacos (it shouldn't be so hard to find a place to do this back home)
View attachment 471841
Just looking at this picture now is making my mouth water...

Although we made our usual mistake and didn't ask for the nachos to be served as an appetizer so it all came at the same time!

After our very relaxing meal, we were feeling all very chilled which very much annoyed Tashas family as they got the airport late, got held up in security several times apparently and only had time to grab a sandwich before boarding the plane!

The flight back home was the worst flight we had ever experienced however... No turbulence at all... just the spawn of satan sat directly behind Tasha on the way home (lets not forget this was a night flight) kicking her chair all the way home. Her parents did try to stop her but she just continued. We heard the parents say to each other as they were getting off the flight that they are not bringing her again. 🤣

We think next time we would definitely consider paying extra for better seating during a night flight just to get some sleep on the way home.

Landing back in manchester... At least you can always rely on the weather back home...
View attachment 471843

We headed outside after grabbing our bags and headed to the shuttle area, it was absolutely bucketing it down. Amelia fell over in the rain and got herself soaked. We were all tired and miserable haha!

Although my mum and dad did leave us a nice little surprise to come back home to when we walked in the house
View attachment 471844
Nothing better to cheer you up than champagne and scones!!

Off to bed we went dreaming of our magical holiday memories...

OH so sad it's over... and how sad I am that I missed you by minutes!

I loved the last video... in just about every scene there is someone laughing!

high plains drifter

Day 14 - September 20th Continued...

Now we had to head across the hub to our fastpass at Jungle Cruise, although we had to make a quick stop first...

I grabbed myself the churro ice cream sandwich
View attachment 470846

and Tashas mum got herself a pretty special funnel cake
View attachment 470847

After we had our fill it was onwards to jungle cruise!

View attachment 470848
Our skipper was called Sarah and Sarah had ALOT of sass! She kept calling tashas sparkles too on the count of her ears hehe!

Then it was time to leave!! But we couldn't leave before a quick stop off at Caseys Corner! Picked up these beauties

View attachment 470849
The corndog nuggets are AMAZING

We headed outside and went to wait for the bus, whilst we waited i couldn't help but feel a little sad that we were leaving the magic kingdom and we didn't know when we were planning on returning (apart from the odd discussion that we should come back in 2022 for for tashas mums 60th) but who knows what will happen now i guess!

We got back to the hotel and grabbed the car and was heading off to Epcot to meet some of our fellow trip reporters!

View attachment 470850
In Epcot!

Then we found this cute little guy who was missing one eye and wanted some of our bread from the cheese and bacon soup from canada land!
View attachment 470851

Unfortunately as the bus that came to collect us from Magic Kingdom to foreverrrr to pick us up we missed a lot of the gang but luckily we managed to meet @Darstarr !! 😁😁

View attachment 470852

It was great to meet you in the flesh @Darstarr ! and thank you so much for our wedding gift!!

We got this beautiful elephant ornament which also doubles as a bottle opener! I actually use it all the time as well (I also feel very cool telling people i have friends stateside now 😁 )

Now it was time to go to Disney Springs for our last meal with the family at rainforest cafe!

View attachment 470854
how cool is that?!

to be continued...
Great report!

@Tashifer90 and @Darstarr I saw this little guy on my Dad's desk just after I read this post. Elephant bottle opener!
20200523_151152.jpg

BrerWayne

And there you have it! Thank you all for following along. Our trip report is now complete! It's always a bitter sweet moment at the end of every trip report especially knowing that our time back in our happy place may not be for quite some time and might not be the way we remember it when we do get back.

We loved staying at POFQ. It has that Disney magic without feeling overly crowded. Adam says beignets are life. He also loves all thing New Orleans and the saints

OKW was a little slice of key west paradise. Its such a laid back resort and the bigger room sizes are lovely. the decor is perhaps getting a bit tired but it didn't bother us at all.

110% would stay at both again!

We were very lucky in that we didn't have too long to wait until we were jetting off again. This time it was a surprise trip for Adam's 30th birthday to New Orleans. Winning ultimate wife points I had been planning since before the wedding and we went there for a week just before xmas 2019. Just because I can't resist sharing with you guys here is the video of his big reveal.

As for the future? who knows?! We have a trip planned to Mauritius in the fall and who knows what travel will be like at that point, but you can bet we will be there to share it with you all :)

So you guys went to the Saints/ Colts Monday night game? I’m a season ticket holder! Had I read this trip report we could have met up and I’d have bought y’all a beer, or as we call them Dome Foam. Such a cool surprise!

LisaBelle

I was super late to this report, but I loved it! Your wedding was gorgeous! Loved everything, especially the photo shoot in the parks! Best wishes for many years of happiness!

Piglet_the_brave

I’ve really enjoyed following along following along, thank you for sharing. I really hope we all get to go back to Disney soon, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for your Autumn holiday.

Funnily, I found out a couple of days ago that we’re getting a Taco Bell in Milton Keynes. Now, if only they’d bring over Red Lobster

Tashifer90

Original Poster
How about champagne and chewy chips ahoy!?!?
I loved it.
Jeez, I looked so young!😂(actually that is a stab because it took you so long to do this report)
Tasha— best! Wife! Ever! For the whole saints bday gift. Amazing!!!

Until we meet again...🥂

haha! I know... we suck at trip reporting!

I think we actually did that in the end! Collapsed on the sofa with a bottle of bubbly and a massive tray of chips ahoy! Its the high life!

She earned major wife points i think! I can't even make it up to her as we're all now in lockdown haha!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
OH so sad it's over... and how sad I am that I missed you by minutes!

I loved the last video... in just about every scene there is someone laughing!

I know we were so sad too! There will be plenty more times i think though 🙂

We still watch the video now every so often and it never fails to put a smile on our face!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
So you guys went to the Saints/ Colts Monday night game? I’m a season ticket holder! Had I read this trip report we could have met up and I’d have bought y’all a beer, or as we call them Dome Foam. Such a cool surprise!

We did indeed! It was a great game to watch! Especially when Drew Brees broke the all time TD record the dome was so loud! I heard people say how loud it got but had no idea how great the atmosphere was! It would have been great to meet a fellow trip reporter! We would have definitely loved a locals view of New Orleans, we felt like such tourists and the only British people for miles haha! Everyone didn't believe that we had come with the sole purpose of watching the saints play 😂 We will definitely be going back there though. Everyone was so friendly. One guy who we were sat with at the game just gave us his pelicans tickets and would not take a penny from us! Maybe next time we go we'll meet you and get you a dome foam! 🍻

Tashifer90

Original Poster
I’ve really enjoyed following along following along, thank you for sharing. I really hope we all get to go back to Disney soon, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for your Autumn holiday.

Funnily, I found out a couple of days ago that we’re getting a Taco Bell in Milton Keynes. Now, if only they’d bring over Red Lobster

Yes!! Keeping our claws crossed for red lobster! It is needed!!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
I was super late to this report, but I loved it! Your wedding was gorgeous! Loved everything, especially the photo shoot in the parks! Best wishes for many years of happiness!
Loved this report! Congratulations again to you both!!
So sad this is over! Thank you for sharing your wedding/honeymoon with us. Here's to SO many happy years ahead!

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments!! We've not had the luckiest year of marriage so far but definitely glad we did it last year rather than this one! Thank you all so much! WDW Magic community is the best community! 😍

riverside

Wonderful, fun TR!! A Disney wedding looks like perfection!! Thank you for sharing with us. I'm so happy for you both--I wish you all the best!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom