Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

Getachew

That announcement makes me believe there was a lot more truth in @WDW Pro post than many will ever admit. That was not a company that wanted to open their parks even a month and a half after UO.

I dont doubt August was an option as was July and even June imo. August 31st could have been worse case scenario

Seanual757

Well we can all stop speculation of when it will open now we cannot speculate when They will sell out the parks each day on the reservation system

Maybe they will touch on this more later but I was surprised they did not mention priority to resort guests first at the parks before passholders or day guests

ImperfectPixie

They’ll open at least some. Guarantee it.
I think they're going to re-open the resorts in phases...a couple at a time, with less than usual capacity. Not sure when they'll start though. I had a feeling they would wait until after July 4th to open the parks (especially MK) just so they could avoid any possible fiasco of guests flooding the hub even if they announced no fireworks.

Crazydisneyfanluke

No they can recalls CM's today and have them report to work on 6/1 and be ready to go by 6/6. They can if they want to. How do you think they prepare a park and resort for a hurricane?

They have a few days’ notice they have a set plan they execute that plan and have the park shut down and resorts locked down. Once the storm as passed CM’s come back to work and they have the park checked for damage and they reopen again not rocket science.

Did it take weeks to get CM's ready for Disney Springs open NOPE. Did it take weeks to set up the decals and social distancing at Disney Springs NOPE it took a few days.
This isn't a hurricane.

Kingoglow

Bob Chapek on CNBC: We are not going to provide an estimate on the number of guests because there is not guidance [from the government]. We will adhere to CDC guidelines on social distancing.

tirian

It’s as solid a plan as they could have right now. There are too many unknowns for anything more definite than this.

I’m glad to see Epcot is reopening rather than staying closed, but World Showcase will be odd if Disney doesn’t ramp up street entertainment and Int’l Program students. The company has a month to get them back! :D

Touchdown

I do not want to breathe in my own moist, heated, CO2 for 12 hours and I know it's not healthy. If they say masks required, I'll stay home. I am free to do that. You are free to not go if masks are not required.

I’m not going to address the other same tired arguements but I haven’t seen this false argument on this board yet so I’m going to address this argument, ladies and gentlemen I give you a lesson in respiratory physiology, meet a lung volume chart:

1590594862552.jpeg

Those pink waves represent how much volume we take in when we breathe, the little waves are quiet breathing (aka Tital Volume) which is approximately 500mL of gas or 1 pint of gas. The big one is the maximum air we can inhale and exhale. The Inspiratory capacity is 2.5-3.5 Liters, that means that we can inhale an additional 2-3 liters (.5 to 1 gallon) of gas when we need to over quiet breathing.

Notice how even if you do a maximum exhale you don’t get close to 0 for lung volumes. You have dead space that can never be exalted, and in quiet breathing that level is even higher. Therefore no matter what old moist CO2 laden air remains in your lung and that’s the air that you actually breathe (as when you inhale it’s the gas that gets pushed the furthest in.)

A mask in the grand scheme of things will at most hold a cup of gas (250 mL and that’s being generous) so you are at worst only increasing your dead space by that fraction but seeing as you have a reserve of 8-16 cups is extremely doable and won’t hurt you in the slightest. I would bookmark a physiology teaching site, but they are easy to google, and there is a ton of them.

To recap: you always breathe in warm moist CO2 laden air, that’s how our lungs work!

Seanual757

This isn't a hurricane.

No it's not but what I was saying is that Disney has protocols for when a hurricane is coming and they need to prepare for it they get the parks ready in an expedited time frame. They could have if they wanted to and in this case and obviously after today’s announcement July is it this gives them roughly 6 weeks to prepare.

Still lots of unanswered questions need to be addressed DVC, Resorts, Water Parks, APH's, ect...... I am sure in the coming days more information from Disney will trickle out but Guess what we Now know when they will open.

Mouse Trap

That announcement makes me believe there was a lot more truth in @WDW Pro post than many will ever admit. That was not a company that wanted to open their parks even a month and a half after UO.

Umm I think if anyone isn't getting enough credit it is @Magic Feather who refuted the opening timeline/dates of OP and literally told us the exact week the parks would begin to reopen... and was correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom