News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

We're cancelling our September reservations after this announcement. If they're requiring masks and cancelling entertainment/fireworks with a mid July opening we just don't see the parks being even remotely close to normal by September. We were okay with a few differences but this doesn't seem worth it for the price we paid.

drew81

No meet and greets, no playgrounds, no parades, no fireworks, plexiglass at every cash register, mandatory face coverings "while on property," which would seem to include parking lots and every other place.

This sounds like a miserable guest experience. I know it was expected but I'm disappointed. IMO, you just don't open if this is the only way you think you can do it safely.
If I’m a family paying top dollar for that experience, I cancel and book a year down the road.

dizneycrazy09

This really isn't a reopening plan; it's more of a reopening idea. It answers very little questions beyond the obvious things we all knew would be required for it to reopen whether that be in July or January 2021. I'm disappointed in their presentation and overall lack of information.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This really isn't a reopening plan; it's more of a reopening idea. It answers very little questions beyond the obvious things we all knew would be required for it to reopen whether that be in July or January 2021. I'm disappointed in their presentation and overall lack of information.
I don’t think this was intended to be a customer facing presentation. It was for the county

ukcatz12

Good for Disney on waiting a bit longer to reopen. Depending on what happens at Universal and SeaWorld, Disney could look very smart. If Universal and SeaWorld open up with no issues then Disney can just say they needed longer to work out the logistics of reopening their much much larger property.

Cast member and guest safety should be the main factor in this decision, glad Disney seems to be taking that seriously. Their reputation is also extremely important, so slow playing this a bit is absolutely the best move. Play the long game, ensure everyone is safe, and if you lose a month of revenue to Uni, so be it.

peter11435

It’s pretty much the same information the other parks presented. It’s what’s required for the task force.

phillip9698

No meet and greets, no playgrounds, no parades, no fireworks, plexiglass at every cash register, mandatory face coverings "while on property," which would seem to include parking lots and every other place.

This sounds like a miserable guest experience. I know it was expected but I'm disappointed. IMO, you just don't open if this is the only way you think you can do it safely.

People are waiting in line 3 hours to buy merch they can get on Amazon, its safe to say Disney fans have a high tolerance for punishment.

dmw

In the Parks
No
So no mention of resort hotels? No capacity limits at the hotels? How will they handle things like pools, lobby, bus transport etc without limits. I don’t see how they can say park capacity limits need to be very low at the start but resorts have no restrictions. Maybe more info to come?
Bus transport was listed as having reduced capacity in the physical distancing section for guests. But, lots of details missing...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom