WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

donsullivan

Premium Member
For those who want to watch the public meetings, they are streamed on Youtube. One of the working group meetings is active right now.

robhedin

There are a bunch of different meetings. Actually there is a task force meeting starting NOW 8:30 ET. Its some sort of working meeting, I am guessing the big meeting will the 10AM one?
Yeah... here's the agenda...

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 5.05.47 PM.png

Although we disagree on the big picture, I completely respect your opinion and the way you present it. My wife and I both work at a hospital, she's on the medical side and based on everything I see and hear, the numbers say we are ready to open smartly. For the right reasons and emphasis on smartly. It's not as safe for the at risk people, but is better for the major majority of the population. And our economy was strong, but the people are fragile. Something like 90%+ don't have savings to make it two or three months. Calls to suicide hotlines are up 8,000% as of last week. What will happen to that number when unemployment benefits run out for millions of people. And what about those not encompassed in mortality numbers, the people and families that are financially ruined for years or decades and don't end up on a stat sheet? As of now only unhealthy people are at risk even though l everyone has heard or knows of a unicorn rare case. I don't want any deaths. But the equation isn't set up for that simple choice stay closed or cause death. It's a much larger equation that has many more variables.
This. Thank you.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Is every news announcement called “breaking” now?
In the US? All news has been breaking news to the cable networks since about the time of the Iraq invasion. Election results, news anchor retirements, deaths of former presidents, the stock market closing for the day, plane disappeared today, plane disappeared 2 months ago, all of it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
In the US? All news has been breaking news to the cable networks since about the time of the Iraq invasion. Election results, news anchor retirements, deaths of former presidents, the stock market closing for the day, plane disappeared today, plane disappeared 2 months ago, all of it.
To be fair, all of that actually IS breaking news except for "plane disappeared 2 months ago."

"Breaking" doesn't mean important, it mean "happening now."

There are things occurring there that virtually guarantee people got infected (if there was an infected person present)...no one wearing face coverings, and prolonged exposure to many people in a small area. The people being packed so tightly together and staying that way would be the main driver of infections.

How about following a conversation before you jump to conclusions about what someone is saying?

I mentioned Lake of the Ozarks and the crowds because I think Disney wanted to see what happened at other travel destinations over the Memorial Day weekend before deciding when/how to open.
You used the words "disaster" and "recklessness" in your OP about the Ozarks. I don't think Captain America is "jumping to" any conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom