News Tokyo Disneyland Closed

BasiltheBatLord

OLC is now asking that only people who live in Chiba prefecture visit Ikspirai. This seems like not a good sign for reopening the parks and comes amid fears of a second wave in Japan as the number of cases are slowly starting to increase since the lifting of the state of emergency, including in some parts of the country which hadn’t seen any cases at all for weeks.

HongKongFooy

I ask about masks because I didn't see it required based on that article above #21

I read about temp. checks and the asking for only local traffic to visit but nothing on mandatory masking.

BasiltheBatLord

And then here's a new statement from OLC about the parks, basically saying "keep waiting"

However they do mention that the new areas in TDL will not be opening (or even have an opening date decided) until after the park re-opens.

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

And then here's a new statement from OLC about the parks, basically saying "keep waiting"

However they do mention that the new areas in TDL will not be opening (or even have an opening date decided) until after the park re-opens.
Yes and i Think of the reasons is that they need to implement full reservations on all facilities within the parks especially the TDR app. and prepare the park for Covid 19 theme park procedures aka social distancing measures temperature check points and Park capacity limitation.

Disney Easter Might replace the summer events, As DisneySea Had already prepping easter since march.

Brummyboy92

Arrr okay.

Japan seem to be taking this extremely seriously. I don't mean to downplay it or anything, but it's a bit hard when you live in a country so badly affected, and have a government/population who don't seem to care.

Good to see cases are way down again today in Tokyo though.

BasiltheBatLord

Tokyo Prefecture announced today that it will proceed to step 3 of the reopening plan effective tomorrow, which includes the reopening of "amusement parks"

This will not have any immediate effect on the reopening plans of TDR (as there is nothing legally barring TDR from reopening whenever it wants to) but it is certainly a positive development for the eventual reopening, especially considering OLC mentioned in their last statement that part of what they're waiting for is "external requests" to be lifted by local governments.

I'm not sure what the reopening plan/status is of Chiba, anyone know?

SweetDuffy101

within the past couple of days Tokyo Disney Resort has been doing dress rehearsals for both parks.
and every week the website gives us an update regarding park operations and Easter event at Disney sea is still unknown, And Tokyo Disneyland PARK Cast member costumes has received an update that gives the park a rebirth.

Brummyboy92

That's positive, still have my trip booked for September, however quite doubtful, and may end up pushing it back to Feb 2021. Is Disney Tokyo nice to visit in February? Weather, crowds, etc...

IMDREW

That's positive, still have my trip booked for September, however quite doubtful, and may end up pushing it back to Feb 2021. Is Disney Tokyo nice to visit in February? Weather, crowds, etc...
I went last week of January last year. VERY cold, but doable. The sun did warm things up a little in the afternoon. Lighter crowds, though still busy and long lines at popular rides. But if you can work with Fastpass it should not be a problem. Definitely less crowded in the evenings. All entertainment was a go and I even did Splash Mountain for the first time in a cold climate. Did not get wet and had one of the best experiences on that Ive ever had on Splash. Definitely recommend TDR Splash Mountain. It's amazing.

BasiltheBatLord

That's positive, still have my trip booked for September, however quite doubtful
The bigger problem for you is going to be the travel restrictions. Nobody can enter Japan right now unless they're a citizen (not even foreigners with permanent residence). The Government is slowly working to change that, but still no sign tourism is going to be back in Japan anytime soon.

Brummyboy92

The bigger problem for you is going to be the travel restrictions. Nobody can enter Japan right now unless they're a citizen (not even foreigners with permanent residence). The Government is slowly working to change that, but still no sign tourism is going to be back in Japan anytime soon.

Yeah I get that. Even if they start opening up, I reckon it will be very much country by country, and I can't see Japan being in a rush to let UK citizens in yet. 😅

I think by Feb though things will be more or less back to normal/calmed down. And I can incorporate the Sapporo Snow Festival into the mix, so may well be a win win situation. A cold win, but a win nonetheless. 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom