2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

I got NASCAR starting line up information for all the upcoming races. I'm starting with all the Darlington Races.

Darlington Cup Race - May 17th
Positions 1-12: Random draw from charter teams in those positions in owner points
Positions 13-24: Random draw from charter teams in those positions in owner points
Positions 25-36: Random draw from charter teams in those positions in owner points
Positions 37-40: Open teams in order of owners points in owner points

Darlington Xfinity Series Race - May 19th
Positions 1 - 12: Xfinity Series Teams based on the Adverse Conditions Line Up Eligibility will be assigned starting positions 1st – 12th using a random draw.
Positions 13- 24: Xfinity Series Teams based on the Adverse Conditions Line Up Eligibility will be assigned starting positions 13th – 24th using a random draw.
Positions 25 - 36: Xfinity Series Teams based on the Adverse Conditions Line Up Eligibility will be assigned starting positions 24th – 35 th using a random draw.
Positions
Any vehicles that are eligible for the Event in position 37th – 40th will be assigned starting positions based on their order of eligibility.

Darlington Cup Race - May 20th
Positions 1-20: Invert the top 20 from the May 17th race at Darlington
Positions 21 - 40: In finishing order from the May 17th race at Darlington, followed by new entries.

wdwfan4ver

Here is qualifying information for all 4 Charlotte races:

Coca Cola 600 - May 24th
Going by Qualifying speeds instead of random draw or Finishing order.

Charlotte Xfinity Series race - May 25th
Same as Darlington for the Xfinity Series

Charlotte Truck Series Race - May 26th
Positions 1-10: The first 10 truck series teams based on the Adverse Conditions Line Up Eligibility will be assigned starting positions 1st – 10th using a random draw.
Positions 11- 21: The next 11 truck series teams teams based on the Adverse Conditions Line Up Eligibility will be assigned starting positions 11th – 21st using a random draw.
Positions 22 - 32: The next 11 truck series teams teams based on the Adverse Conditions Line Up Eligibility will be assigned starting positions 22nd – 32st using a random draw.
Any vehicles that are eligible for the Event in position 33rd – 40th will be assigned starting positions based on their order of eligibility.

Charlotte Cup series Race - May 27th
Positions 1-20: Invert the top 20 from the Coca Cola 600.
Positions 21 - 40: In finishing order from the Coca Cola 600, Followed by new entries.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced more races for the Cup series, Xfinity series, and the truck series.

Here they are:
Sat, May 30 Bristol Xfinity 160 mi FS1 3:30 PM Eastern

Sun, May 31 Bristol Cup 266 mi FS1 3:30 PM Eastern

Sat, June 6 Atlanta Gander Trucks 200 mi FS1 1:00 PM Eastern

Sat, June 6 Atlanta Xfinity 251 mi FOX 4:30 PM Eastern

Sun, June 7 Atlanta Cup 500 mi FOX 3:00 PM Eastern

Wed,June 10 Martinsville Cup 263 mi FS1 7:00 PM Eastern

Sat, June 13 Miami Gander Trucks 201 mi FS1 12:30 PM Eastern

Sat, June 13 Miami Xfinity 250 mi FOX 3:30 PM Eastern

Sun, June 14 Miami Xfinity 250 mi FS1 12:00 PM Eastern

Sun,June 14 Miami Cup 400 mi FOX 3:30 PM Eastern

Sat, June 20 Talladega Xfinity 300 mi FS1 5:30 PM Eastern

Sun,June 21 Talladega Cup 500 mi FOX 3:00 PM Eastern

wdwfan4ver

I found out an explanation why Homestead is having 2 Xfinity series races. The 2nd Xfinity series Homestead races is caused NASCAR canceling all Iowa Speedway NASCAR races.

wdwfan4ver

Watkins Glen is given the okay to run without fan.

Pocono at this point is not given the okay to run without fans by the Governor of Pennsylvania. The Gov did talk to NASCAR. It sounds like they will be talking to the Gov again before announcing more race dates.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced not practice and qualifying at Bristol Motor Speedway, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Martinsville Speedway, and Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

There is something to keep an eye on.

An article from the athletic.com mentioned something on Family Leavine Racing. Bob Leavine was quoted that "he is 'really fighting for our lives' as a NASCAR team owner because the effects from the coronavirus pandemic have ravaged his businesses". He said he is not borrowing money and he said he would not continue to race in a bad economy past 2020. Right now, the 95 car's fate depends on the Economy and if Leavine's businesses out of racing improves.

I got information from Reddit since I do not have access to the athletic.com article. If Family Leavine Racing closes, that will affect Toyota and Joe Gibbs Racing. Toyota is having Christopher Bell Race at Family Leavine Racing. Family Leavine Racing is using Joe Gibbs Racing Equipment.

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

I just want to say how great it is that NASCAR is back. It’s hard to believe that we’ve only had 4 cup races going into this past Sunday. I was a stone throw away from Darlington Sunday afternoon and it was very hard for me to resist from heading over. :hilarious: Really did hate it for Jimmie though. He was running great prior to the crash and had a very good chance of winning. Actually, all 4 Hendrick cars were running well at that point. Too bad Bowman couldn’t beat out Harvick for the win.

I can pretty much guarantee ya that there won’t be any racing tonight, unfortunately.

wdwfan4ver

I just want to say how great it is that NASCAR is back. It’s hard to believe that we’ve only had 4 cup races going into this past Sunday. I was a stone throw away from Darlington Sunday afternoon and it was very hard for me to resist from heading over. :hilarious: Really did hate it for Jimmie though. He was running great prior to the crash and had a very good chance of winning. Actually, all 4 Hendrick cars were running well at that point. Too bad Bowman couldn’t beat out Harvick for the win.

I can pretty much guarantee ya that there won’t be any racing tonight, unfortunately.
NASCAR does have a plan if the cup series is not racing tonight. The cup cars would be racing at 7:00 p.m. eastern tomorrow.

Captain Barbossa

NASCAR does have a plan if the cup series is not racing tonight. The cup cars would be racing at 7:00 p.m. eastern tomorrow.
But that’s the problem, tomorrow is supposed to be another all day washout too. The Xfinity series race that was supposed to happen last night that is now rescheduled for tomorrow at noon will more than likely not happen either.

wdwfan4ver

The 11 team is facing a hefty penalty due to a A chunk of tungsten ballast falling off during the parade lap. NASCAR considers this a safety issue. This considered a safety issue because Ballast actually can kill a person on a race track or damage a race track wall. The 11 team got lucky no one on the track got hurt or a wall of a race track did not get damage from the ballast falling off.

NASCAR's rule book says “Loss or separation of added ballast from the vehicle will result in a four Race suspension of the crew chief, car chief, and head engineer. If NASCAR cannot identify which series or vehicle the lost ballast originated from, all vehicles entered for that Event from and associated with the team organization identified on the lost ballast may receive the suspensions.”

Ballast is used for bring Cup cars up to minimum weight standards .

artvandelay

The 11 team is facing a hefty penalty due to a A chunk of tungsten ballast falling off during the parade lap. NASCAR considers this a safety issue. This considered a safety issue because Ballast actually can kill a person on a race track or damage a race track wall. The 11 team got lucky no one on the track got hurt or a wall of a race track did not get damage from the ballast falling off.

NASCAR's rule book says “Loss or separation of added ballast from the vehicle will result in a four Race suspension of the crew chief, car chief, and head engineer. If NASCAR cannot identify which series or vehicle the lost ballast originated from, all vehicles entered for that Event from and associated with the team organization identified on the lost ballast may receive the suspensions.”

Ballast is used for bring Cup cars up to minimum weight standards .
I think Almirola had the same issue later in the race.

tough week for Chase Eliot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom