Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I have been totally consistent with when Disney's target was. Even to now, Disney does not have a hard date in place and may still open in August. There is absolutely no for sure day, and this little pee pee contest you want to do is stupid. So here are some of the things I've nailed over the past months and am ready to go somewhere else due to toxicity of you and others:

• Exclusive reveal of Mary Poppins attraction.
  • Exclusive reveal of Close the Gap Disneyland Protocol.
  • Original Location of Galaxy's Edge
  • Original Galaxy's Edge restaurant location (later confirmed by former Disney cast).
  • Cuts to WDW CapEx as far back as February 13th
  • Paris closure announced a week beforehand
  • Closure of Hong Kong and Shanghai Disney (although those posts were deleted by moderation, there are still posts evidencing their existence) when nobody even knew what the heck was going on in the US.
  • Guest temperature mandate
  • Arrows on the ground
  • Lucasfilm's intervention into Galaxy's Edge (later confirmed)
  • Behind the Scenes meetings between Lucasfilm and Disney brass over controversial hire
  • Q3 Earnings Lagging days before announcement
  • Announced delay of RotR in Disneyland along with reason
  • Exclusive reveal of half day tickets weeks before they were announced.
  • Mask mandate
Paging @MisterPenguin an accuracy check.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
He’s really taking credit for mask mandates and temp checks...

I literally announced that it was Iger's initiative despite temp checks not being a successful measure due to asymptomatic carriers. I took flack for it. Then Iger was interviewed and said it was going to happen.

But you know what, I'm done. Other legit insiders on this site I've spoken with have said they're cutting way back on posting anything, and I'm joining them. Giving information for this sort of response isn't worth it. Sorry to those of you who have private messaged me support, but there's no point in this level of unmerited vitriol.

Mouse Trap

We can count out from our dates. I’ll remind you that theme parks in Central Florida are opening 7 days after my MARCH 18 prognostication. You’ve already subtracted 6 weeks from your MAY 4 prognostication. When one constantly adjusts their insider details, it’s easy to always be right. By next week, you’ll suggest you overhear Bob Chapek move the date up further.

ffs

It’s very easy to boost your cred as an insider when you make statements that no one can possibly prove are true i.e. Iger and Chapek being livid with Lucasfilm’s new hires (spoiler alert - prob not true).

The thing is no one is ever going to be able to prove Bob and Bob’s emotions that day unless there is an unceremonious firing and scalding THR article that follows.

HauntedMansionFLA

@HauntedMansionFLA, please feel free to explain the laughing emoji.
Just laughing at what you wrote. The”experts” now say you can’t contact “the virus “ by surface contact. Just personal to person contact. It will probably change tomorrow. Like the don’t wear a mask, where a mask. At least some of the parks have the common sense to let the person make up their mind if they want to wear a mask. And shouldn’t you be safe if you choose to wear a mask?

Mouse Trap

I literally announced that it was Iger's initiative despite temp checks not being a successful measure due to asymptomatic carriers. I took flack for it. Then Iger was interviewed and said it was going to happen.

But you know what, I'm done. Other legit insiders on this site I've spoken with have said they're cutting way back on posting anything, and I'm joining them. Giving information for this sort of response isn't worth it. Sorry to those of you who have private messaged me support, but there's no point in this level of unmerited vitriol.

I thought I was in time out? You’re confusing me mom!

HauntedMansionFLA

No, this is good stuff. Much appreciated 👍

peter11435

I have been totally consistent with when Disney's target was. Even to now, Disney does not have a hard date in place and may still open in August. There is absolutely no for sure day, and this little pee pee contest you want to do is stupid. So here are some of the things I've nailed over the past months and am ready to go somewhere else due to toxicity of you and others:

• Exclusive reveal of Mary Poppins attraction.
  • Exclusive reveal of Close the Gap Disneyland Protocol.
  • Original Location of Galaxy's Edge
  • Original Galaxy's Edge restaurant location (later confirmed by former Disney cast).
  • Cuts to WDW CapEx as far back as February 13th
  • Paris closure announced a week beforehand
  • Closure of Hong Kong and Shanghai Disney (although those posts were deleted by moderation, there are still posts evidencing their existence) when nobody even knew what the heck was going on in the US.
  • Guest temperature mandate
  • Arrows on the ground
  • Lucasfilm's intervention into Galaxy's Edge (later confirmed)
  • Behind the Scenes meetings between Lucasfilm and Disney brass over controversial hire
  • Q3 Earnings Lagging days before announcement
  • Announced delay of RotR in Disneyland along with reason
  • Exclusive reveal of half day tickets weeks before they were announced.
  • Mask mandate
And that's just what I can think of over the past six months. But I'm ready to walk away and stop providing any new info. Some of you haven't even noticed that many of your insiders have slowed way, way down on what they provide to you. It's not just because news and bloggers will often take it without crediting the source, thus damaging our relations with our sources, but it's also because of the utter contempt some of you show behind a wall of anonymity that allows you to act in unacceptable manners.
You realize the vast majority of your list was either already known before you “broke” the information or were things that were simply common sense and anyone could have predicted. The original location for Star Wars at the studios for example was discussed here years before you even joined the forum.

peter11435

By the time you mentioned temperature checks for the parks, the company had already been doing temperature checks for DCL passengers, and it was common throughout Asia. There was even a plan in place to implement temperature checks at some of the foreign parks before they even closed.

Herdman

Trying to get away from which poster has the bigger package and back on topic . . .

How solid is the Anaheim estimate? 4th quarter? Really??

I wouldn't know any better regardless of how many people on this thread said one thing or another. But just trying to make some knowledge-based decisions on a booked sea-land trip in September (or count on an FCC to push our trip till next Jan).
Unless I missed a change in an earlier order from the governor he announced that all the state supported colleges will be online learning this fall a while go. I can't imagine he would authorize a Disneyland reopening under those guidelines.

TrojanUSC

Look the reality here is that WDW is much more a "vacation destination" for people than UO. They have a far higher percentage of local and regional guests than WDW. The out of state guests they do get are generally "add-ons" from WDW. Meaning WDW is a primary reason for visiting. This, in general, makes it a lot harder for WDW to open when there's still travel advisories, outright bans for international travel and the possible necessity of re-closing when guests have flown thousands of miles to attend.

All one needs to do is look at CityWalk, which has seen a relatively steady crowd of guests and DS today and yesterday, which has dwindled down to the dozens, to see there's a difference in guest contingency.

UO is a lot closer to DL in Anaheim, in terms of guest make-up, than it is to WDW.

Just laughing at what you wrote. The”experts” now say you can’t contact “the virus “ by surface contact. Just personal to person contact. It will probably change tomorrow. Like the don’t wear a mask, where a mask. At least some of the parks have the common sense to let the person make up their mind if they want to wear a mask. And shouldn’t you be safe if you choose to wear a mask?

This is a novel virus. It changes based on research and science. Anybody who has even read casual news stories about so-called super spreading events have seen its because its a bunch of people in tight proximity to one another, usually inside (churches, nursing homes, etc) breathing the same air, NOT because they are touching the same surface. Surface to human infection was always a possibility, and still is, but is by no means ever believed to be the primary method of infection.

Tony Perkis

You don’t have to air quote “experts”. They’re smarter than us in this regard. Don’t blindly trust them, but give it more consideration than your average politician or pundit.

And just wear the god damn mask. This is temporary.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Unless I missed a change in an earlier order from the governor he announced that all the state supported colleges will be online learning this fall a while go. I can't imagine he would authorize a Disneyland reopening under those guidelines.

I assume you mean Florida? Actually the new recommendations is that freshman students will return to campus in all state 4 year schools with a combinations of face to face, mixed mode, and online coursework. We have performance based funding based on freshman and there is no way they will play with that population.

Continuing students will primarily be online excluding courses that have to be face to face like lab or studio.

2 year students will all primary be online, at least in Orlando at Valencia.

brianstl

I don’t think the Governor was the person who issued that order. Also, I think the order was only for the schools in the Cal State University system and not those in University of California system (like Cal and UCLA).

Herdman

I assume you mean Florida? Actually the new recommendations is that freshman students will return to campus in all state 4 year schools with a combinations of face to face, mixed mode, and online coursework. We have performance based funding based on freshman and there is no way they will play with that population.

Continuing students will primarily be online excluding courses that have to be face to face like lab or studio.

2 year students will all primary be online, at least in Orlando at Valencia.
No,the original poster was asking about Disneyland

disney4life2008

Look the reality here is that WDW is much more a "vacation destination" for people than UO. They have a far higher percentage of local and regional guests than WDW. The out of state guests they do get are generally "add-ons" from WDW. Meaning WDW is a primary reason for visiting. This, in general, makes it a lot harder for WDW to open when there's still travel advisories, outright bans for international travel and the possible necessity of re-closing when guests have flown thousands of miles to attend.

All one needs to do is look at CityWalk, which has seen a relatively steady crowd of guests and DS today and yesterday, which has dwindled down to the dozens, to see there's a difference in guest contingency.

UO is a lot closer to DL in Anaheim, in terms of guest make-up, than it is to WDW.

This is a novel virus. It changes based on research and science. Anybody who has even read casual news stories about so-called super spreading events have seen its because its a bunch of people in tight proximity to one another, usually inside (churches, nursing homes, etc) breathing the same air, NOT because they are touching the same surface. Surface to human infection was always a possibility, and still is, but is by no means ever believed to be the primary method of infection.

The reason why Disney Springs has lower foot traffic is only a sip would waste money who is also a Florida resident when you can get the same stuff for cheaper in our neighborhoods.

While city walk is no better, it's much more appealing and welcoming to locals.

Magic Feather

The reason why Disney Springs has lower foot traffic is only a sip would waste money who is also a Florida resident when you can get the same stuff for cheaper in our neighborhoods.

While city walk is no better, it's much more appealing and welcoming to locals.
As someone that only recently moved out of Orlando, and still has family in Orlando, I can attest to that being very untrue. The only thing that Citywalk draws in locals for is the clubs. Everything else is highly reliant on foot traffic to and from the parks/resorts. Springs (post-transformation) has become a local hotspot largely thanks to its ease of access. Heck, it’s apparently become an “it-spot” among pretty much every age group, even the gimmicky teens and YA’s.

Getachew

I appreciate the info personally. It's good to hear from different insiders on a variety of topics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom