WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJR

Personally I think it's possible all four parks will be open before all the resorts.

You're not wrong about that, but that's not what I was saying.

What I was saying is that I can see Disney begin to open up their resorts prior to them opening up the theme parks. That doesn't mean that all the resorts will reopen at the same time and I never said that. Most certainly, the ones that generate the most cash will be at the top of the list. With Universal creating a demand, Disney could easily provide supply without taking a risk at their own parks.

Hotels are allowed to reopen without providing a presentation and getting special approval, similar to Disney Springs. It's a matter of when Disney wants to, where the theme parks need approval. Although, I have no doubt that Disney will get approval easily when the time comes. Phase 2 is ideal just because Disney will bring on more non-essential travel, but that's likely coming right up.

Getachew

They have plans. Lots of them. It’s a case of not knowing exactly when they’re reopening yet.

Does UO likely opening to the public June 5th push things forward? Do they wait a few weeks, a month or more? Only open a 1 or two parks at first? So many questions, lol.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
They will share them when they are ready to make their proposal. This is an ever changing situation where plans have changed continually. You can’t and shouldn’t share that process with the public. Chapek has spoken in interviews as well as at the earnings call and has shared what the future might look like. He has also addressed cast members via a letter/email and a couple of videos posted on cast members communication channels.

It's great to share things with your employees, but maybe it's also a good idea to share ideas with your customers too, you know the ones that pay for your services so you can keep the lights on. Guests don't need to know the minutia, but from a planning standpoint they need to be kept in the loop. In that regards, Disney's messaging has been awful. Open ended promises, contradictions, and vagueness don't help bring in the guests that you desperately need.

Touchdown

Don’t forget the MLB/NBA rumors, you know what makes WDW more money in the meantime, opening parks to minimal crowds, selling their resort hotels to billion dollar corporations?

Herdman

I don’t think it’s a “care” thing. My belief it’s a “How can I one up them” thing.
It's entirely a power play move. Disney knows it's the king of the hill, and they have to let the others go first. It's like a relatively no name act opening for the headliner. I'm not saying UO is a no name by any means, but Disney sets the standard in most people's eyes when it comes to theme parks so they have to be the last to present the plans.

carolina_yankee

If that is true, then that is a blatant failure of leadership on all levels. You would think something like a reopening plan would be a priority.

reopening right is a lot harder than closing down. Sure, Universal came up with a plan and got it through. Disney’s will probably be similar.

To me, theare more concerned with getting it right than with being first. Every couple of weeks further down the road dramatically reduces the risk, too.

I have to figure out how to open a church and a thrift shop without which we won’t financially survive in a state that is arguably the hardest hit. It’s not easy. And one death traced to us shuts us down forever.

This way, Disney also gets to see what the public’s response is both to the plans and the actual reopening so they can tweak accordingly. Or be prepared to know where they will have to clamp down.

If they have the resources to wait and do it right, that’s not irresponsible

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Conversely, TWDC may think UO have jumped the gun.

It's a good response if they never planned on opening short term, but long term that sentiment would hurt them more in convincing guests that it will be safe to come back. (Especially if USO succeeds in opening completely and safely)

jeanericuser001

My only hope is by mid-August they relax on required masks. Masks and Humidity are not friends. Unless there is an approved mask that has increased breathe ability with similar protection?

These masks typically work the best for that. They offer the best breath-ability and they can be easily modified to including n95 filtration. You just need some polypropylene and that works perfectly as a filter medium. I have used it even in my job where it gets really hot.

Touchdown

Look at the new cases in Florida today, US is still averaging over 20,000 new cases a day. I personally would not be comfortable going to a theme park in 2 weeks.

Also, Universal is less focused on shows, nighttime entertainment and dining then Disney. When Disney does open they have the headache of canceling a lot of ADRs. They might want to wait until restrictions are further relaxed.

Getachew

Look at the new cases in Florida today, US is still averaging over 20,000 new cases a day. I personally would not be comfortable going to a theme park in 2 weeks.

Also, Universal is less focused on shows, nighttime entertainment and dining then Disney. When Disney does open they have the headache of canceling a lot of ADRs. They might want to wait until restrictions are further relaxed.

One big thing for me is, I don't know how they get guests from TTC to MK in a "physically distant" manner. It is so much easier to park in the UO parking lot and walk to the UO parks while remaining distant from other guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom