Splashtacular - The Weirdest Thing EVER

FettFan

Original Poster
According to the guys at RetroWDW, this show was originally created for Tokyo Disneyland and was a huge hit.

So, naturally it was ported over for Epcot ‘94. They were counting on it being a permanent addition, so the Fountain of Nations was renovated from its original configuration to add more jets, as well as the stage area (at the cost of the FoN’s flower beds).

Guests didn’t care for it and it only lasted six months.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It wasn't so much guests didn’t care, it was put in the worst possible place. In Tokyo it was a castle stage show, in Epcot it stopped all through traffic and the park would grind to a halt.

Search YouTube for Tokyo’s “It’s Magical“ show.

NelleBelle

Boy, those are, um, some costume! I think they must've had the designer who did Capt. EO design those costumes! :p And not sure which had worse glare...Mickey's cherry picker or the chrome mickey's on the guys' costumes!!

kap91

I loved this show so much when I was a kid. Probably cause I was really into dinosaurs...but I just thought it was the coolest thing.

In the Parks
Yes
Bizarre indeed. What really sums up its failure is when the villain appears & Mickey asks who she is & she just replies, "None of your business!" It's pretty hard to get invested in a character without the audience knowing her name. This show was definitely before my time & it doesn't appear that I missed too much.

Cmdr_Crimson

Found these on Google of the impressive AA The TerrasauX when it was used in the show..
tumblr_pxsgzspt3z1uodgxto2_1280.png

Then repurposed in as an Elvis Dino in Galaxy Search
1590036181281.jpeg

It then sat backstage exposed to the elements...I doubt it's there anymore..
303b452aefdfda36fdb846e65a2a38045781316a.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here’s an older thread with more information

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom