M&M'S store coming to Disney Springs in 2020

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Is anyone really a big enough M&M fan to justify an entire store? Not a candy I would turn down, but not one I would seek out either.
I think the appeal is more about the store having a few varieties and colors not found at the supermarket, the option to buy them by the ounce, and brand merchandise like t-shirts, keychains, etc.

Jon81uk

Is anyone really a big enough M&M fan to justify an entire store? Not a candy I would turn down, but not one I would seek out either.
Given there are already highly popular M&M stores in tourist locations (Florida Mall, Vegas strip, Leicester Square London) and they are building more (Berlin, Dubai) it does seem there are plenty of M&M fans who want to buy branded merchandise.

Heppenheimer

I think the appeal is more about the store having a few varieties and colors not found at the supermarket, the option to buy them by the ounce, and brand merchandise like t-shirts, keychains, etc.
Hmm, now that I think about it, I do particularly like the candy corn variety that you only find around Halloween.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, June 19, 2020. Work continues on this project, with the demolition of the interior and front of the former stores.

IMG_2998.JPG

tirian

Opportunity shopping. You're in DS. You walk by. You go in.

Very few stores in DS are destination events. But in toto, they brings all the guests to the yard.
Bumping this old post. I agree. I live in an area with several high-end lifestyle shopping centers, but I prefer walking through Disney Springs. All the little elements and water features add up, and I even prefer the new World of Disney over the fiberglass Vegas version from the late 90s. The “new” WOD feels like old-school Disney Village.

Last edited:

Kman101

Bumping this old post. I agree. I live in an area with several high-end lifestyle shopping centers, but I prefer walking through Disney Springs. All the little elements and water features add up, and I even prefer the new World of Disney over the fiberglass Vegas version from the late 90s. The “new” WOD feels like old-school Disney Village.

THIS.

I love strolling around Disney Springs. It's going to be nice to get back and have low crowds (hopefully).

And despite one poster thinking no one cares about the M&M store, lol, there's tons of people actually excited for it. Like Penguin said, it's "opportunity shopping". Most people are going to at least check it out. They should bring over Crayola while they're at it too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom