News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

WDW Pro

Proof that I can give you that you will believe? No. I can say though that I have been in that building at least once a week for the last four out of six weeks. You don't have to believe me, and I honestly don't care if you do. But work has been going on inside, even if it's just design work. There has been nothing I have seen to tell me work was not going on in the weeks I was not in there.

Once again, I am NOT a Disney employee. Just work for an outside vendor, as a consultant. So take that as you will. But I have not seen work slowing down other than external construction.

I'm confused here. Are you stating that Disney violated emergency orders with continuous "design work" and that you, as a third party vendor that also builds parade floats, witnessed this hidden, interior unlawful violation?

EricsBiscuit

The changes within Disneyland are.... questionable. What did you think of them?
Well the park pre pandemic was bursting at the seams. It needed better crowd flow. I’m used to the generally large walkways at WDW. It was almost comical some of the crowd flow problems the park had especially around Fantasmic. While I miss some of the gardens especially in NOS, I think that the park desperately needed the extra efficiency. You might be able to say that the impact was negligible and just a clever marketing scheme devised by some mid level executive and cost the park more in charm than it provided in efficiency, but I think any improvement possible was necessary. Just my $.02.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well the park pre pandemic was bursting at the seams. It needed better crowd flow. I’m used to the generally large walkways at WDW. It was almost comical some of the crowd flow problems the park had especially around Fantasmic. While I miss some of the gardens especially in NOS, I think that the park desperately needed the extra efficiency. You might be able to say that the impact was negligible and just a clever marketing scheme devised by some mid level executive and cost the park more in charm than it provided in efficiency, but I think any improvement possible was necessary. Just my $.02.
That’s odd. It was generally unusually quiet when we visited (and we were obviously glad)

In all honest DHS has needed a slip exit since May 1989.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Some are better than others. I love the changes in Adventureland. The new tiki hideaway ads a lot to the land and is really well done. The new Matterhorn waiting area seems like a big plus as well.

I’m trying to think of any changes I was totally against.
They weren’t stardust. Think where planters and seating were removed, where paths were widened, to cope with the crowds that never came.

It’s akin to the MK hub in 2002 compared to now. Albeit the MK has the crowds.

TrainsOfDisney

They weren’t stardust. Think where planters and seating were removed, where paths were widened, to cope with the crowds that never came.

It’s akin to the MK hub in 2002 compared to now. Albeit the MK has the crowds.

The Disneyland hub suffered a little bit, but the MK hub had its soul ripped out.

Also... the ones I mentioned as well as the castle refresh were listed as part of project stardust.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Haven't been following this one. Is it still happening? Seems a waste of money, IMO. Much more pressing things to consider, especially now. Does WDW need more Star Wars? Will the hotel even be sustainable and profitable in the short term? Popular long term? I just don't see the need for it. Still rather that money spent elsewhere like on increasing the attraction count. (So long as it's not more SW. DHS is covered)

Movielover

Haven't been following this one. Is it still happening? Seems a waste of money, IMO. Much more pressing things to consider, especially now. Does WDW need more Star Wars? Will the hotel even be sustainable and profitable in the short term? Popular long term? I just don't see the need for it. Still rather that money spent elsewhere like on increasing the attraction count. (So long as it's not more SW. DHS is covered)

It sounds like you aren't really the target audience for this but I can assure you that there are a lot of people looking forward to this.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It sounds like you aren't really the target audience for this but I can assure you that there are a lot of people looking forward to this.

In truth, yeah probably. I enjoyed SW but not so much now. Too much of good thing, crappy storylines later and now over-saturation in the parks. I can't see the justification in continuing construction. But only time will tell. If it turns out to be a success, great but I can't help but be disappointed thinking that that massive budget could have hypothetically been used toward new attractions, shows, etc for the parks. Disney just did a big budget SW thing for DHS and it didn't go nearly as well as everyone had hoped, myself included. But I'm not sure more of the same is a good strategy.

But yeah I'm not the target audience.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom