Trip Report You and me, we're in a club now! *COMPLETE*

Hello Everyone!

Now that we are less than a week away (and we've just finished our last trip report oops!). It's time for Our pre-trip report for our next holiday. This next ones a big one so hopefully it should be even more fun!

Who?
We are Natasha (Tasha) and Adam, we're from the East coast of the UK and we love disney world! If you have caught our last couple of trip reports you know that we love a semi relaxed approach to our holidays in disney and we like to see where the fun takes us. We both like to take it in turns writing the trip report together (so that we prolong the fun) and will refer to each other as N or A.

We are also going to be joined this trip by 13 of our nearest and dearest. We range in age from 63 to 2 years old, first timer's to seasoned disney veterans. I imagine they will all make their appearance in the trip report one way or another. Trying to plan a trip for this many people has been one headache I don't want to repeat for some time.

Where?
This visit we are lucky enough to be staying on property for 2 weeks! We are initially spending 4 nights just the two of us at POFQ and then we are joining my family at OKW resort for the rest of the trip. Everyone else is staying at a mix of coronado springs, wilderness lodge, all star sports and the hilton at disney springs.

When?
September 7th-September 21st. There will be 15 of us for the first week and then 7 of us for the second week.

Why?
This is the big one. We are getting Married!!! We initially were supposed to be married this May but unfortunately due to a vendor bankruptcy we had to scrap our plans a week before xmas. After that there was much panic and scrambling to get together a plan B. We had already booked our holiday for this September so decided why not get married at the happiest place on earth?? It was a big change going from a wedding of 120+ people down to just 15 people but we are lucky that everyone has been very supportive with our wishes.

What are our plans?
We have been steadily planning through the year with Disney Fairy Tail Wedding's for the big day on September the 9th. We will have a couple of days to get our body clocks aligned before the big day. The details of the day we'll keep quiet for now as I don't want any family members accidentally catching on as we have a few surprises in store for them all 😜. The rest of our time we are planning to show the first timers the joy of disney, hopefully catch some time at galaxys edge, make the most of all the extra magic hours. We have park shoots planned at both MK and epcot in our wedding attire. My parents are DVC members and we were lucky to get tickets for the moonlight magic in the second week of the stay. We are annual pass holders to both disney and universal right now so we will also be heading to the dark side with the hopes of catching a ride on Hagrid's motorbike adventure. We are big lovers of halloween and cant wait to experience this years HHN. As it is the first part of our honeymoon adventure we have treated ourselves to the rush of fear pass with express. This means hopefully we should get to experience all the houses several times!

We cant wait to share the upcoming adventure with you all!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
September 19th- Day 13

We refilled our drinks cup and whilst we were waiting noticed this lonely walking cane...

IMG_4474.JPEG

I feel like It's Owner may not have needed the cane very much as they didn't come back to retrieve it for the 15-20 mins we sat and had a drink nearby.

Making our way around the park we went through the killer clowns house and then stopped to share our first ever 'twisted tator', another HHN snack that people enjoy.
IMG_4475.JPEG

We asked for the parmesan topping and it was so good! Next time I would skip the pizza fries and go straight for the tator!

Our next houses after our snack were the Universal monsters and graveyard games.
IMG_4477.JPEG

IMG_4478.JPEG

The sun was starting to set at this point and the crowds were getting busier. The one bonus was that the humidity was fairly low.

Following our way round the park we next stopped at nightingale's blood pit. Much creepier in the night time although I didn't manage to get photos of the front of the house.

This is the point in our night where things started to go downhill and our luck had most definitely run out.

We went through the depths of fear house and had a great time

IMG_4482.JPEG

(Just before we went through)

As we left the house it was now fully dark. I remember we were laughing as we left as I had just been scared by a sea creature near the exit door.

the next few moments were like slow motion.

I felt my ankle give way, I felt myself falling, my knee hit the ground. I tried to protect myself but was holding the refillable cup. The rest of my body soon fell after and I was face first on the ground.

And It Hurt!!!!!!!!

I honestly wanted the ground to swallow me up. Adam says that he saw me one second and the next i was on the ground.

I had fallen right in front of the exit and soon I was causing a back log.

Adam helped me get up and the Team members helped usher me to a first aid spot and they sat me down in a wheel chair to check me over under a flashlight. they gave me a couple of alcohol wipes to get the grit out of my hands and knees- very stingy!

I was absolutely mortified. There were at least a hundred people in a queue gawking at me and wondering what went on. I had grazed both my hands, knees and they were bleeding. My ankle was sore and I could feel my left knee swelling in real time.

I not going to lie. There were a few shed tears feeling sorry for myself and embarrassed!

The team members were lovely and offered me a free wheelchair to use for the rest of the night. I decided to see how it went although walking was pretty hard!

We hobbled over to the coke refill station and i spent a good half an hour calming down and easing my knee as much as possible. Since it was our last proper night at HHN I really didn't want the fun to end I felt bad holding Adam back so I decided to tough it out and continue our night (at a much slower pace!).

We went over to the house of a thousand corpses.
20190919_212148.jpg

so much cooler in the dark,

I was struggling to walk around so we decided to go and watch the new nighttime spectacular as it meant we could sit down for an hour.
IMG_4484.JPEG

Smiling despite feeling pretty rubbish!

The nighttime spectacular was actually really good. It was an homage to all things spooky. the technology has moved on in terms of projection so much. A small part of my mind noted that the shows that use water projection like fantasmic are starting to look a bit tired by comparison (even though I really love fantasmic as a show).

IMG_4489.JPEG

IMG_4496.JPEG

IMG_4502.JPEG

After a solid hour of rest i was feeling a bit more chipper but most definitely still sore.

Tashifer90

Original Poster
September 19th- Day 13

As much fun as we had had we decided it was time to make the long walk back to the parking lot and potentially get some food on the way. I had tried my best to keep walking but it was just aching too much.

20190919_231910.jpg

city walk was looking pretty this night time.

20190919_231926.jpg

Our first thought was eating at the nbc sports bar and grill however nothing in the menu took our fancy.

We ended up at the red stone bakery. We made the mistake (or not) to order a different pizza each. They were huge!!!!!

20190919_234244.jpg

Adam ordered the sweet fennel sausage and ricotta pizza and added on olives.

IMG_4506.JPEG

i ordered the italian meats pizza minus the olives.

IMG_4507.JPEG

20190919_234241.jpg

surprise surprise.. we did not manage to eat all of the pizza! thank the lord for take home boxes!

Adam liked his pizza but thought the ricotta added a strange texture, a bit like mashed potatoes. I enjoyed mine thoroughly, you can't go wrong with meats and cheese!

Whilst we were waiting for our pizza we actually saw a couple of disney/universal instagrammers that we follow on facebook but feeling sore I didn't fancy hobbling over to say hi.

Considering how short the night could have been we actually ended back at the hotel at around 12:30-1am in the morning. I was more than ready to rest my knee and get some sleep.

PacNWTigger

Bummer about your knee. I hope it didn't hinder you too much the next day. Totally understanding the tears too...been there and done that...momentary mortification of myself always gets me teary for a little bit before I suck it up as gracefully as possible. Sounds like you did a great job moving forward even though your knee was unhappy.

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Just in case anyone is interested. Here is a video of the nighttime show 'Marathon of Mayhem'. its a short clip around half way through the show.

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Bummer about your knee. I hope it didn't hinder you too much the next day. Totally understanding the tears too...been there and done that...momentary mortification of myself always gets me teary for a little bit before I suck it up as gracefully as possible. Sounds like you did a great job moving forward even though your knee was unhappy.

aww thank you :) its the worst feeling isnt it! To be honest it wasnt great!! However since we were only there for another couple of days i just pushed through the pain. I will say that me knee is still not right even now although xrays showed no breaks.

I think if i did something similar in the future and felt the way i did i would have just hired an ecv. I felt like I would have been a phony if i'd used an ecv but it probably would have made me much happier in the long run!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 14 - September 20th

The following morning we were awoken and dragged out of bed by the family. Tashas knee was still aching quite a bit but she didn't feel as sore at least! This was our last day in Disney and we were going to do it properly with a knackered knee or not!

We got to MK in time for our fastpass at 10:10

We got on row four so it was a little bit of a slower ride but still plenty of fun!
524616029_951092459_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

We then headed over towards Thunder Mountain got a photopass on the way!
524656111_951135599_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

Wearing our T-Shirts to get us more attention on our last day! It helped tasha feel better through her knee pain too!

We also got congratulated by the fairy godmother as we walked past the castle as well which was nice :)

It was at this point that i realized I was on our last day and i had STILL not yet had a funnel cake!!

So i had to grab one obviously...
20190920_103755.jpg

Tasha got herself a pretzel too.
20190920_103759.jpg

Then it was time to get on Thunder Mountain!
IMG_4508.JPEG

We got on row 14 so it was a much faster ride!!

Then it was on to Pirates! We managed to avoid getting wet and as we were getting off the ride the ride operator speaking in 'pirate language' saw my t-shirt and said 'Arrr my condolences me hearty...'
IMG_4515.JPG

After that we headed to tomorrowland! On our way we went through the hub and saw there was a Photopass photographer free. For the record this photographer is called Jose and if you see him you HAVE to get him to get some photos! Look at these he took!
524748502_951236272_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

AirBrush_20190920145531.jpg

Pretty cool right?

We also saw the new tomorrowland sign as we walked in as well!
20190920_121314.jpg

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 14 - September 20th Continued...

Next we decided to jump on Space mountain!
1589579899290.png

Although i seemed to have misplaced my wife...

Ahh there she is...
1589579956521.png

She has learnt her lesson when it comes to posing on space mountain lol

We hopped onto buzz lightyear space ranger spin afterwards, luckily we had a minor ride malfunction which meant we scored this beast whilst we waited!
IMG_4517.JPEG

All apart from tashas dad who did not manage to get join the 999999 Club and was very unimpressed with this fact...

524779540_951259696_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

Flexing that 999999 Score!!

With our egos nicely boosted from the ride we took a few more photos showing emporer zurg whos the boss! We then headed towards the TTA

IMG_4519.JPEG

IMG_4520.JPEG

Before we boarded the TTA we found this cool little water drawing just outside, i'm not sure who does these but they're always very impressive!
IMG_4522.JPEG

The TTA was also a good opportunity for Tasha to rest her knee again, which she was very happy about.
IMG_4525.JPEG

We also managed to get a good photo of the tron coaster as well!

IMG_4534.JPEG

It looks like it's gonna be a wild one!

To be continued...

Loco_driver

I have taken a tumble in the parks before. It really is embarrassing at the time! Fortunately I just had a few scrapes. I’m sorry you hurt your knee!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
I’m sorry about the knee. I hope it’s all sorted now!
I have taken a tumble in the parks before. It really is embarrassing at the time! Fortunately I just had a few scrapes. I’m sorry you hurt your knee!
That knee bruise is insane! That looks incredibly painful...... I hope it healed up okay!!!
Wow--your knee looks bad. I can't believe you managed to walk on that!!

Awww thank you guys! It was quite painful and i was off work for 2 weeks after we got back because i couldn't kneel down to help the animals!

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Now we had to head across the hub to our fastpass at Jungle Cruise, although we had to make a quick stop first...

I grabbed myself the churro ice cream sandwich
20190920_133328.jpg

and Tashas mum got herself a pretty special funnel cake
IMG_4538.JPEG

After we had our fill it was onwards to jungle cruise!

IMG_4540.JPEG

Our skipper was called Sarah and Sarah had ALOT of sass! She kept calling tashas sparkles too on the count of her ears hehe!

Then it was time to leave!! But we couldn't leave before a quick stop off at Caseys Corner! Picked up these beauties

20190920_142917.jpg

The corndog nuggets are AMAZING

We headed outside and went to wait for the bus, whilst we waited i couldn't help but feel a little sad that we were leaving the magic kingdom and we didn't know when we were planning on returning (apart from the odd discussion that we should come back in 2022 for for tashas mums 60th) but who knows what will happen now i guess!

We got back to the hotel and grabbed the car and was heading off to Epcot to meet some of our fellow trip reporters!

IMG_4541.JPEG

In Epcot!

Then we found this cute little guy who was missing one eye and wanted some of our bread from the cheese and bacon soup from canada land!
20190920_163441.jpg

Unfortunately as the bus that came to collect us from Magic Kingdom to foreverrrr to pick us up we missed a lot of the gang but luckily we managed to meet @Darstarr !! 😁😁

IMG_4544.JPEG

It was great to meet you in the flesh @Darstarr ! and thank you so much for our wedding gift!!

We got this beautiful elephant ornament which also doubles as a bottle opener! I actually use it all the time as well (I also feel very cool telling people i have friends stateside now 😁 )

Now it was time to go to Disney Springs for our last meal with the family at rainforest cafe!

1589661689252.png

how cool is that?!

to be continued...

Darstarr

In the Parks
No

Now we had to head across the hub to our fastpass at Jungle Cruise, although we had to make a quick stop first...

I grabbed myself the churro ice cream sandwich
View attachment 470846

and Tashas mum got herself a pretty special funnel cake
View attachment 470847

After we had our fill it was onwards to jungle cruise!

View attachment 470848
Our skipper was called Sarah and Sarah had ALOT of sass! She kept calling tashas sparkles too on the count of her ears hehe!

Then it was time to leave!! But we couldn't leave before a quick stop off at Caseys Corner! Picked up these beauties

View attachment 470849
The corndog nuggets are AMAZING

We headed outside and went to wait for the bus, whilst we waited i couldn't help but feel a little sad that we were leaving the magic kingdom and we didn't know when we were planning on returning (apart from the odd discussion that we should come back in 2022 for for tashas mums 60th) but who knows what will happen now i guess!

We got back to the hotel and grabbed the car and was heading off to Epcot to meet some of our fellow trip reporters!

View attachment 470850
In Epcot!

Then we found this cute little guy who was missing one eye and wanted some of our bread from the cheese and bacon soup from canada land!
View attachment 470851

Unfortunately as the bus that came to collect us from Magic Kingdom to foreverrrr to pick us up we missed a lot of the gang but luckily we managed to meet @Darstarr !! 😁😁

View attachment 470852

It was great to meet you in the flesh @Darstarr ! and thank you so much for our wedding gift!!

We got this beautiful elephant ornament which also doubles as a bottle opener! I actually use it all the time as well (I also feel very cool telling people i have friends stateside now 😁 )

Now it was time to go to Disney Springs for our last meal with the family at rainforest cafe!

View attachment 470854
how cool is that?!

to be continued...
Trunk up for good luck!
I wish you had had it a couple days earlier, maybe you wouldn't have fallen!
Meeting you two was great! Thank you for sharing a few moments of your honeymoon with me!🐘

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Trunk up for good luck!
I wish you had had it a couple days earlier, maybe you wouldn't have fallen!
Meeting you two was great! Thank you for sharing a few moments of your honeymoon with me!🐘

It's brought us lots of good luck since! It was lovely to meet you too! 😍😍

Tashifer90

Original Poster

We were hoping to pop back to the room for a quick freshen up before heading to Disney springs for a reservation at rainforest cafe but unfortunately time was running away from us! So we headed straight there to meet our family for our last meal.

Our location in rainforest wasn't ideal. We were positioned right in the far corner which meant it was a bit of a squeeze for all of us and it was where the wait staff were coming and going so Steph kept getting knocked every time they went by.

Although you can never really complain about their cocktails!

I wasn't sure sure whether i wanted my last meal to be accompanied by a beer or a cocktail... So i got both!
20190920_193213.jpg

Tasha had the Jungle Steak and Shrimp, which was a 10-oz Flat Iron Steak, Shrimp Scampi, Caribbean Coconut Shrimp with fries on the side.
IMG_4545.JPEG

Then i had the 'Taste of the islands' which was Caribbean Coconut Shrimp, Dynamite Scallops and Shrimp, Blackened Tilapia topped with Pineapple Salsa with fries
20190920_195910.jpg

Never even heard of Tilapia before and gotta say, it tasted amazing!!

Although some people were peering through the bushes and eyeballing our food!

IMG_4546.JPEG

After we had our fill (We were stuffed) we decided to buy a couple of last minute bits in the world of Disney and as it was our last night we thought we should use our amphicar voucher! (Not sure if we mentioned it previously but Tashas dad tried to buy us a voucher as a present whilst they were waiting for us as the boathouse during our wedding day, in the end the guy who issued him with the voucher gave it him for free as his family live only 20 mins from our house!!)

The amphicar people were crazy! There was a lot of cheering and wooing when we arrived just because they were all having a great time! the amphicar drivers were getting the crowd really involved and giving everyone that friday night feeling.

We felt seriously under dressed in disney springs though still wearing our 'park clothes' from the day as i feel everyone looks so 'extra' in disney springs in the evening 😂

and we were off!!
525321491_951799910_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

Views were great from the water!
IMG_4549.JPEG

We also saw the fireworks from epcot (i think) as we went round, no photos though we were just in awe of the beauty!

20190920_220134.jpg

Apologies for the blurry photo, my phone was a Samsung s7 edge and was very much 'out of date' at this point.

At least the photopass people were good on the shots!

525322029_951800605_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

The perfect final day and night to a perfect holiday/Wedding/Honeymoon 🙂

525322107_951800727_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 15 - September 21st

Today it was time to fly home... 😭😭😭😭😭😭

We woke up at 08:30 and started packing, we got back way to late last night to get backed so thought we would start early the next day.

We were hoping to pop into the pool for a swim before we left but unfortunately mass family packing meant we were a little slower than usual!

Also we needed to head to old navy as tasha had bought a dress in the wrong size and needed to get it changed!

Then it was time to head to Target and get some last minute presents and snacks for the journey home! We love going to target and always end up buying wayyyyy to much. I got as many red vines as i could carry as well as a spade load of chips ahoy chewy. (we honestly love them way too much)

We topped up the car on petrol and then headed off to the airport!

Driving to the airport like...

It was a big mood...

When we arrived we discussed with the customer service reps at Alamo about our many, many issues we had with their cars unfortunately we couldn't get a physical refund, only vouchers to use next time... ( i mean... we will probably use them again but i was still pretty annoyed...)

Then i was the most dreaded time of the holiday... Weigh in time for our cases!!
Tasha first...
20190921_140349.jpg

The limit is 23KG and we both just got by...

20190921_140454.jpg

Just....

Although i'm a little annoyed, i could have easily fit at least one more pack of chips ahoy in there!

We breezed though security (a miracle for MCO) and headed to eat in bahama breeze, we still hadn't heard from Tashas family so assumed they were still getting the car unloaded

So we got the Key west nachos

20190921_144009.jpg

Someone was very suprised with the size!
20190921_144014.jpg

I treated myself to a cocktail It was the bahama mama which was coconut, black barcardi, castillo silver rum, banana liquor with pineapple and orange juice!
IMG_4565.JPEG

Tasha had the bacon cheeseburger which looked rather tasty!
20190921_144642.jpg

then i naturally got the shrimp tacos (it shouldn't be so hard to find a place to do this back home)
20190921_144647.jpg

Just looking at this picture now is making my mouth water...

Although we made our usual mistake and didn't ask for the nachos to be served as an appetizer so it all came at the same time!

After our very relaxing meal, we were feeling all very chilled which very much annoyed Tashas family as they got the airport late, got held up in security several times apparently and only had time to grab a sandwich before boarding the plane!

The flight back home was the worst flight we had ever experienced however... No turbulence at all... just the spawn of satan sat directly behind Tasha on the way home (lets not forget this was a night flight) kicking her chair all the way home. Her parents did try to stop her but she just continued. We heard the parents say to each other as they were getting off the flight that they are not bringing her again. 🤣

We think next time we would definitely consider paying extra for better seating during a night flight just to get some sleep on the way home.

Landing back in manchester... At least you can always rely on the weather back home...
1590166468306.png

We headed outside after grabbing our bags and headed to the shuttle area, it was absolutely bucketing it down. Amelia fell over in the rain and got herself soaked. We were all tired and miserable haha!

Although my mum and dad did leave us a nice little surprise to come back home to when we walked in the house
20190922_102934.jpg

Nothing better to cheer you up than champagne and scones!!

Off to bed we went dreaming of our magical holiday memories...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
And there you have it! Thank you all for following along. Our trip report is now complete! It's always a bitter sweet moment at the end of every trip report especially knowing that our time back in our happy place may not be for quite some time and might not be the way we remember it when we do get back.

We loved staying at POFQ. It has that Disney magic without feeling overly crowded. Adam says beignets are life. He also loves all thing New Orleans and the saints

OKW was a little slice of key west paradise. Its such a laid back resort and the bigger room sizes are lovely. the decor is perhaps getting a bit tired but it didn't bother us at all.

110% would stay at both again!

We were very lucky in that we didn't have too long to wait until we were jetting off again. This time it was a surprise trip for Adam's 30th birthday to New Orleans. Winning ultimate wife points I had been planning since before the wedding and we went there for a week just before xmas 2019. Just because I can't resist sharing with you guys here is the video of his big reveal.

As for the future? who knows?! We have a trip planned to Mauritius in the fall and who knows what travel will be like at that point, but you can bet we will be there to share it with you all :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom