News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Once again, I am NOT a Disney employee. Just work for an outside vendor, as a consultant.

I'm gonna guess food service!!

1589513400861.png

DVCakaCarlF

Proof that I can give you that you will believe? No. I can say though that I have been in that building at least once a week for the last four out of six weeks. You don't have to believe me, and I honestly don't care if you do. But work has been going on inside, even if it's just design work. There has been nothing I have seen to tell me work was not going on in the weeks I was not in there.

Once again, I am NOT a Disney employee. Just work for an outside vendor, as a consultant. So take that as you will. But I have not seen work slowing down other than external construction.
Those were probably owner furnished fixtures, so that money is funded differently.

Giss Neric

In my opinion, if they are going to cut projects, this should be the number one on the list cause first of all this is more of an experiment type of hotel. Galaxy's Edge will do just fine without it. Besides, knowing the cost of a stay, not everyone will be able to experience this.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In my opinion, if they are going to cut projects, this should be the number one on the list cause first of all this is more of an experiment type of hotel. Galaxy's Edge will do just fine without it. Besides, knowing the cost of a stay, not everyone will be able to experience this.

OTOH, I could see Disney wanting to go head with high-end high-margin projects for the money! Unlike new projects in the parks that are just another attraction that one's ticket gives one access to, this pays for itself.

mdcpr

You mean like people staying in a totally enclosed house for 2-3 months?

I appreciate the new what-ifs... but really its not gonna be any different than it was before this or people who are willing to vacation under the risks at that time.
I get your point, but you can't compare being in your home for a few months and staying at a hotel. Home = average number of family members, controlled environment, as clean as you want it to be. Hotel = hundreds of people coming from everywhere, cleanliness left to others, no control.

nickys

Premium Member
The main thread about this resort has gone over these points with a fine tooth comb, several times.

Without any conclusion I may add. Ultimately if people don’t like the idea they won’t book. I am quite sure when you book everything will be spelt out, to make sure people don’t see this as staying at the All Stars with different theming.

But there are people who will book it. Many of them have been waiting for reservations to open for two years or more, whenever news broke.

MurphyJoe

Why should it mater that not everyone can experience this? If this was a criteria for anything Disney does, they would shut the parks down as not everyone can experience them due to the cost.

Unbanshee

Projects don’t have to be defunded and cancelled in order the save on CAPEX for a quarter or two. Also the company has several dozen projects ongoing around the world.

Defunded and cancelled are two different things. I've always read the defunded rumors to mean until Disney sees viability in the project again. Cancelled would be a completely different ballgame.

Obviously $900M doesn't come from just one project, but I would have assumed that Star Wars hotel would have been defunded for at least some amount of time, maybe through the end of fiscal in Oct at least. Apparently I was wrong and Disney kept on working on it through all this, either "inside" or any host of Imagineers who avoided being furloughed or fired

corran horn

Seems claustrophobic. Also what happens when Mom has had quite enough of this Star Wars nonsense and just wants to go to get some sun at the pool?

For the 2-night duration of what they said a 'stay' will be I think if you're in the danger zone for these feelings the solution is "don't go".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom