Worth the hype? Snack Edition

Simba’s Mom

Overrated-Grapefruit cake at the Brown Derby. I was so underwhelmed that after I took a bite I said out loud, "This is IT?" The server laughed and said "Yeah, I don't get all the love either!" We agreed that it was OK, but not a big favorite.
Another overrated snack is the rice cream in Norway.

BigDlover

For me, Dole Whip is overhyped. It's good and it's a right of passage to try it, but I much prefer the citrus swirl (or whatever it's called now at Sunshine Tree Terrace) or even LeFou's Brew.

School Bread was also overhyped. Again, it's fine, it just wasn't amazing. I tried it on my last trip and don't need to get it again.

The candied bacon skewer at Liberty Square Market wasn't that great either. It wasn't candied and I'm pretty sure it wasn't even bacon lol. It was like thick ham.

I'm not sure if this counts because I don't think a lot of people liked it, but I also tried the Blue Milk on my last trip. It was gross lol.

Disney Crazed

The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo Cake. It was just a bit weird for my liking. All those flavors coming at you all at once it was too much. It looks great and really the taste isn't awful but it is just weird.

the_rich

Haha I find the dough to meat ratio to be way off. Too much bread and not enough filling.
My sister had it for the first time last year. She's like we gotta get it this year when we go to Florida. She was upset when I had to tell her they don't have it there lol.

mickEblu

My sister had it for the first time last year. She's like we gotta get it this year when we go to Florida. She was upset when I had to tell her they don't have it there lol.

They don’t?

When I’m at Cafe Orleans I opt for the shrimp n Grits but now that I know that the cheesy grits is available as a side I might just do that with a different entree.

the_rich

They don’t?

When I’m at Cafe Orleans I opt for the shrimp n Grits but now that I know that the cheesy grits is available as a side I might just do that with a different entree.
They have their own version, but its a glorified grilled cheese. No where near the same

mf1972

i might be wrong, but i thought i heard they have the monte christo at the gran destino tower somewhere.

danyoung56

I just looked and you are correct. They have it at bar Riva. Its a little different but ill have to try it.

Bar Riva in't at the Gran Destino tower - it's at the Riviera. I haven't tried their version of the monte cristo yet, but I hear it's pretty tasty!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom