News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Permit files today for guard shacks on South Studio Dr.

3/11/2020 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Pcl Construction Services Inc
241, 247 South Studio Dr - Construct Guard Shack and Security Booth

The RCID mapping site lists 247 as "PROJECT H CAST PARKING LOT SECURITY KIOSK". Not sure where the other would be but it would be somewhere closer to the hotel.

1583972768116.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Bioreconstruct posted this new picture today. We had always assumed this structure of the side of the building would be for the shuttle to GE. We can now see that the whole building has been closed in leaving just a small door on the one end. You can also see the road taking shape and it does not go up to the end of the building. Maybe they are still going to build an additional structure there that will connect to the shuttle.

mmascari

Maybe they are still going to build an additional structure there that will connect to the shuttle.
Perhaps something movable, like an airport jetway.

That would eliminate needing the bus to pull up "just right" to some fixed structure. That little extra part of the building could be more like a terminal waiting room. Then, a moving shuttleway to get from the waiting area on to the bus.

It will be interesting to see how it comes together from both the external perspective and internal perspective. Since, I'm sure the two views will be very different. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Perhaps something movable, like an airport jetway.

That would eliminate needing the bus to pull up "just right" to some fixed structure. That little extra part of the building could be more like a terminal waiting room. Then, a moving shuttleway to get from the waiting area on to the bus.

It will be interesting to see how it comes together from both the external perspective and internal perspective. Since, I'm sure the two views will be very different. :)

Yeah, that is very possible.

ppete1975

odd they said that they changed the expiration to jan unlike a normal year expiration (id assumed maybe that's when they filed), maybe it was further along that we thought and wont cost that much to finish?
I thought It was a horrible and expensive idea originally... but now?
I guess it will work with social distancing, because I see it being low occupancy at its sell out point, but with whats going on in the world you might have it to yourself.

I still vote on it not opening before 2023

Surferboy567

Despite the “defunding“ news...I’m happy this one is going ahead. Seems like a very cool idea and could be the beginning of a new vacation experience. It’s not for everyone and that’s fine but I’m excited to see what they do. Hopefully I can experience it one day. The structure looked far along enough. Maybe work starts soon with these permits?

nickys

Premium Member
Despite the “defunding“ news...I’m happy this one is going ahead. Seems like a very cool idea and could be the beginning of a new vacation experience. It’s not for everyone and that’s fine but I’m excited to see what they do. Hopefully I can experience it one day. The structure looked far along enough. Maybe work starts soon with these permits?

It’s possible they’re getting permits in place so that they can restart if & when they decide to. I wouldn’t take it as a green for go quite yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom