The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Did you make it to Tallulah Gorge?

No. Maybe tomorrow. T is taking a nap, he’s been up since 4:30 and we went for a run and a hike around the lake this morning. Not sure why he’s so tired though, but I’m letting him take an unusual nap.. he must need it.

I spoke to 2 maintenance workers for a while, Husband and wife who happen to have family in Cincinnati. They told me to go to a trail with falls about 40 minutes away,. But now I forget the name. 🤦‍♀️

John park hopper

We still have some at $1.69, but I noticed today that most are at $1.79 per gal now. Still those are mid 80's prices. Just when gas gets cheap we have no place where we can go.
I remember the gas crisis in the 70's I was in college and gas was rationed. One station opened at mid night you could get 10 gallons no more I remember the line was huge. My truck as had a full tank of gas for over a month nowhere to go

epcotisbest

No. Maybe tomorrow. T is taking a nap, he’s been up since 4:30 and we went for a run and a hike around the lake this morning. Not sure why he’s so tired though, but I’m letting him take an unusual nap.. he must need it.

I spoke to 2 maintenance workers for a while, Husband and wife who happen to have family in Cincinnati. They told me to go to a trail with falls about 40 minutes away,. But now I forget the name. 🤦‍♀️

If it was Hemlock Falls, that is a good trail. Smaller, but pretty falls at the end and the trail follows the creek the whole way. It is at Moccasin Creek. From where you are, instead of heading out and taking right to go back to Fred's or Helen, take a left on 356 and follow it to the end. When you get to HWY 197 at the end of 356, take a left and follow 197 about 8-10 miles to Moccasin Creek and the parking area for Hemlock Falls. I used to live near the intersection of 356 and 197 in Batesville when I was your son's age.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

We sampled the fried and boiled peanuts, but I did not like the boiled at all, or at least the texture.
This is what we have for us, I have 4 other bags in the car for gifts to parents and a bag of spicy for a coworker.

The candle is from Betty’s. Smells soooo good.
View attachment 469716

Yeah, I am a southern boy who is supposed to like boiled peanuts, but don't like them at all. Peanuts are supposed to be crunchy, not mushy. Love the fried ones though and that peanut brittle is good stuff. Betty's is a fun place to shop as well.

epcotisbest

I'm originally from up north (45years ago) Came to SC and never had boiled peanuts or grits --Love them both so do my 3 boys. One year i grew peanuts and the wife canned boiled peanuts when the boys got home from school every day they would eat them with in 2 weeks they ate them all I think I got 1 quart jar that was it.

I have grits often, including for breakfast today, but can't handle boiled peanuts.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Deliveries were busy as heck with great tips all weekend, but this story stands out:

Typically, we have to chat with the customer while shopping. Yesterday, a member cursed in the chat (not at me.) I didn’t think much of it (I’m from NJ.) Later, I mentioned Siri was the one who misspelled “Sharmin” in one of my responses, and she replied: “Siri misspells (the F word) like 80 times a day for me!”

I said, “Are you from Jersey?”

She was. 🤣🤣🤣

I said, “Well, there’s no F flour here!” 😂

It was a good Publix shop except for paper products, and she really needed them. She offered to buy me some if I found any. I told her thanks, I didn’t need any, but I knew another nearby Publix had plenty if she didn’t mind me being a little late. I said I’d let my on-time statistics take a hit. 😂

When I arrived at her house with everything, there was a (funny) card left out for me with a handwritten note and $80. She said I saved the day and made her laugh while doing it - in the rain.

I thanked her, and she said she would tip “the rest” in the app. I thought she meant an extra $20 to make it an even $100...

But she tipped an extra $150 in the app! 😵😵😵
:inlove::inlove::inlove: Joisey strong:joyfull:

21stamps

If it was Hemlock Falls, that is a good trail. Smaller, but pretty falls at the end and the trail follows the creek the whole way. It is at Moccasin Creek. From where you are, instead of heading out and taking right to go back to Fred's or Helen, take a left on 356 and follow it to the end. When you get to HWY 197 at the end of 356, take a left and follow 197 about 8-10 miles to Moccasin Creek and the parking area for Hemlock Falls. I used to live near the intersection of 356 and 197 in Batesville when I was your son's age.

Thanks! i think that was it, they said they went yesterday and the trails are open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom