Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

Surferboy567

I don't think they will either, but you never know.

Toy Story is more likely to fall out of favor than Star Wars, if only because Star Wars will still be releasing new content going forward and Toy Story is done. That doesn't mean it's remotely likely that it will, though -- I don't expect it to happen. It is a danger for single IP lands, though, even if it's a small one.

Huge pop culture franchises have mostly fallen out of the public consciousness in the past, after all.

I guarantee you Toy Story isn’t done.

Kate F

Hollywood Studios has always been my least favorite park, but if Rise and MMRR are as good as people are saying, it may actually get me to reconsider. I really don’t think it will be enough though. The overall theme of Hollywood Studios just doesn’t appeal to me as much as the other three parks. However, as far as ride lineups go, it could possibly be the strongest. Too bad my boarding group was never called for Rise in January.

Last edited:

Tom P.

Why does a ride, or even a land, still have to be relevant 25 years from now in order to be a good idea? Theme parks change. Look at how much Hollywood Studios has changed since it was created. If people are no longer interested in Toy Story ten years from now and they have to swap out those attractions for something else, so be it. Not everything that goes into Walt Disney World has to be timeless.

999th Happy Haunt

Even if Toy Story is done...the movies are going to become classics ingrained in Disney/Pixar history...my point is the lands will hopefully just become part of HWS as we know it.
The first Toy Story was such a significant movie in that it basically changed animation forever. Dated or not, it absolutely deserves a spot in the “movie park,” even if the execution is a little so-so.

Jphaddad96

If this is true this would be a great replacement for Echo Lake.

I would love to see a land of Indiana Jones with one or two attraction instead of the pretty old, but good, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. How much space is in the back of the Indy's show territory?

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
I would love to see a land of Indiana Jones with one or two attraction instead of the pretty old, but good, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. How much space is in the back of the Indy's show territory?
There’s plenty of space behind, but using it would involve moving the entire DHS entertainment department including an entire costume facility and parade storage space.

The Grand Inquisitor

I agree the show takes up a lot of space. Same with Echo Lake. It would be cool to see the area become a Amazon forest area with a couple of Indy attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom