Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

lazyboy97o

this!!! Ive been wondering about parks, and retail like Walmart for shopping carts. Couldn't they use a uv light or something (not a scientist and too lazy to look) that they could build tubes that you push the shopping carts through before they are put with the others, or ride vehicles go through before reboarding (sans people) that would disinfect. I mean you could use chemicals (messy) or heat (damage vehicles?) but a light that would kill everything to me sounds like a no brainer. Especially because I think this is going to be a new normal with things being more sanitized than it was before.
You need a spectrum of UV light that is dangerous to humans, requires time and not just a flash, and it has to directly shine on every surface you intend to decontaminate.

ppete1975

You need a spectrum of UV light that is dangerous to humans, requires time and not just a flash, and it has to directly shine on every surface you intend to decontaminate.
yeah I figured it wouldn't be safe for people and they wouldn't have people near it, but if its longer than a flash then it wouldn't work for omnimovers or boats or anything else at Disney. Shopping carts you think they could.

VaderTron

normal nervous habits, or just touching things is different than being told to touch a certain area on every single ride.
The point people were making was "don't make something for people to touch and they won't touch anything". It takes no longer to wipe a screen than it does any other part of the ride. In fact, it's probably the easiest part of the ride vehicle to disinfect. That's the point, not why people touch things. If they don't want people to touch stuff then keep the ride closed. That's the only way to accomplish that.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Haven't the newer 'far' UV-C lights been said to be safe for humans but strong enough to kill the virus? It's something that I'm hoping will be a viable solution, but of course safety first!

castlecake2.0

I think the bigger question at the moment is when will Epcot open in relation to the rest of WDW.
I was wondering the other day if there has been any thought to just opening World Showcase with discounted/no admission price and have the outdoor kiosks open for food/drink/merch. I know all the cultural hosts have been sent home but in the intern you could just deploy the flag shirt people to operate these venues. That way the park is still brining in some sort of revenue while they fix future world.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was wondering the other day if there has been any thought to just opening World Showcase with discounted/no admission price and have the outdoor kiosks open for food/drink/merch. I know all the cultural hosts have been sent home but in the intern you could just deploy the flag shirt people to operate these venues. That way the park is still brining in some sort of revenue while they fix future world.
I’d rather it stay shut.

RSoxNo1

I put this out on Twitter today too. I don't think it's a horrible idea at all, however I wouldn't start with that. I think they should open two parks to start, likely MK and DAK and then ease into the other parks.

SoFloMagic

I put this out on Twitter today too. I don't think it's a horrible idea at all, however I wouldn't start with that. I think they should open two parks to start, likely MK and DAK and then ease into the other parks.
I think you're right, but it would be so easy to open DHS and World Showcase instead, with epcot and skyliner hotels instead of monorail ones. No need for buses, just skyliner and boats - easier distancing.

JJJ

I think you're right, but it would be so easy to open DHS and World Showcase instead, with epcot and skyliner hotels instead of monorail ones. No need for buses, just skyliner and boats - easier distancing.
Limiting the skyliner to one party per cabin would be a really easy change to make to preserve distance between guests, but it seems like with the way the system is setup, cleaning cabins between parties would be pretty impossible.

Captain Neo

The refurb was going to be garbage anyway. " Let's further butcher a classic original attraction about the history of communication by changing its theme to the "history of storytelling" so we can shove lots of modern Disney movie references into the ride and ruin the sets with sparkling lights everywhere"

Fire whoever greenlit that idea and go back to the drawing board with a proper overhaul

FigmentsFangirl

Limiting the skyliner to one party per cabin would be a really easy change to make to preserve distance between guests, but it seems like with the way the system is setup, cleaning cabins between parties would be pretty impossible.
I dont know, the skyliner when in the station moves amzingly slow, so unless they have everyone hop off, say at rivera station, then get back on to continue to caribbean beach station then it would make sense because of how slow the cabins move when in the stations

rle4lunch

at this point, i'd rather see the inside of SSE turned into a big, fake, digital fireworks show then to have them do nothing to the inside. turn it into a planetarium or something.

joking aside, i just wanted a worthy update for this. It's been harder and harder to waste a FP on it the last few years. It's more like, "yeah, I guess we could". of course, that's how most of Epcot's attractions feel nowadays anyway.

SoFloMagic

Looking at the Shanghai videos, I didn't see any mention of wiping vehicles in between riders. It looked like they implied masks and hand sanitizer upon entry and exit to queues was the plan.
I can't imagine wiping ride vehicles would actually happen. No omnimovers at all?

Disneyson

40-50% has been mentioned on this board. If you cut fireworks and parades, you also have less people staying for certain parts of the day. There’s a reason Disney has fireworks every night, it keeps people from leaving until closing time.
Looking at the Shanghai videos, I didn't see any mention of wiping vehicles in between riders. It looked like they implied masks and hand sanitizer upon entry and exit to queues was the plan.
I can't imagine wiping ride vehicles would actually happen. No omnimovers at all?

in Shanghai’s safety video, they show the (only?) omnimover in the park, Buzz, loaded. Roaring Rapids acts on a turntable, endless loading system too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom