wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
What percentage of shops and restaurants are owned by third party vendors? Most, I would think.

How many do we think will actually be opening?

castlecake2.0

Most are third party except the Marketplace area and outdoor vending. I wonder how that will be handled. Things like custodial, security, guest relations, stroller/wheelchair rental etc are all Disney as well.

Piebald

I'm curious to know how itll go. I live in Orlando and at least on Cinco De Mayo several restaurants I drove by were an absolute gong show.

From what I hear no one is at the malls and there are little to no tourists in town, but Disney Springs is Disney, and lets be frank there is a level of cult fandom here regardless of what it is. I'm hoping it's a fairly safe and responsible experience but I can also see it being absurdly packed in some instances.

ElvisMickey

I'm curious to know how itll go. I live in Orlando and at least on Cinco De Mayo several restaurants I drove by were an absolute gong show.

From what I hear no one is at the malls and there are little to no tourists in town, but Disney Springs is Disney, and lets be frank there is a level of cult fandom here regardless of what it is. I'm hoping it's a fairly safe and responsible experience but I can also see it being absurdly packed in some instances.

I live in Lake Mary and have an annual pass. I can tell you that there is no way that I’m driving to Disney just to walk around Disney Springs with a mask on and go to Levi’s. But that’s me :)

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No

Without hotels and Air BnBs type housing, I believe DSprings will be light too.

icc2515

Without hotels and Air BnBs type housing, I believe DSprings will be light too.
I am curious. I see where the FL phased opening talks about vacation rentals not opening but I do not see anything about hotels. Are hotels not allow to accept customers in phase 1 or phase 2?

robhedin

Here in Atlanta too. People were "tailgating" in restaurant parking lots; I know one place had an hour and a half wait to get in and they ended up closing between 7p and 8p because they ran out of food.

LizzyDragon

I am curious. I see where the FL phased opening talks about vacation rentals not opening but I do not see anything about hotels. Are hotels not allow to accept customers in phase 1 or phase 2?

There's no restrictions on hotel openings (but bars/restaurants within them have to follow current regulations). However, the local hotel market has basically collapsed. Without the parks and the various conventions and corporate events bringing people to the city, most have closed in the area as there's not enough business to cover costs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom