Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Has there ever been any rumor of using Spectromagic as the inspiration for a new nighttime parade? Even if that's all out the window now, was it ever discussed?

TTA94

Before the Virus my understanding was there would not be anything new as far as a traditional day or night parade. There was something on the drawing board that had not been signed off on but it wasn’t going to be anything special. Just enough that they could say “we did something.”

So there never was going to be a nighttime parade even before Covid?

TTA94

Guess we probably won’t know the fate of the 50th until late this year or early next year. They probably don’t know themselves until the parks reopen and construction starts again. My prediction is ratatouille and Harmonious will be a 50th thing now, Tron and Guardians probably not opening in time sadly. Don’t really see how they could open them in time unless they go crazy with construction.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

Guess we probably won’t know the fate of the 50th until late this year or early next year. They probably don’t know themselves until the parks reopen and construction starts again. My prediction is ratatouille and Harmonious will be a 50th thing now, Tron and Guardians probably not opening in time sadly. Don’t really see how they could open them in time unless they go crazy with construction.
Ratatouille and Harmonious can still make it for Fall 2020 opening. Tron and Guardians might be opening at the end of the 50th period but I doubt it will open just in time for the 50th in October 2021, but who knows Tron is relatively ahead of it's construction before the closures.

They better not cancel D23 next year.

As far as the 50th Anniversary offerings, cut down on the merch and specialty foods. Put the majority of the budget to a parade, a nighttime projection/fireworks and other attractions.

TTA94

Ratatouille and Harmonious can still make it for Fall 2020 opening.

Eeek Idk, maaybe Ratatouille could make it by the end of this year, but Harmonius.... looks like it has a bit of work to be done yet, no? then you gotta figure in programming and such. I guess this all greatly depends on 1. If these two projects have already been funded 2. When construction continues 3. If Epcot even reopens this year.

RSoxNo1

I suspect planned refurb/upgrades will be cancelled/delayed. This would include things like Tomorrowland Speedway and Big Thunder Mountian Railroad.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We'll see what happens...most people on here know I'm in BIG favor for the 50th!!!

Damn! I boarded the starship enterprise today without my universal translator ☹️
I suspect planned refurb/upgrades will be cancelled/delayed. This would include things like Tomorrowland Speedway and Big Thunder Mountian Railroad.
Weren’t those primarily Internet fandom type rumors?

I believe Disney will cancel all of those😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well placed speculation? The full rumor trackers for both are here:

Ok...I tried to read through all those swings and misses...but I had a hot flash back to the screamecape days...

What am I missing? It looks like wild rumors that missed 8 deadlines before the inevitable “plans changed...recession hit”

...if I had a nickel on that I’d spend it in the Australia or Spain Epcot pavilions or Hyperion wharf 🤔

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom