Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

Should the cautious wait until after the second wave Dr. Faucci said is "inevitable" and the deny-ers go first? Is Disney going to lose CM's by opening so soon? Is next spring too soon to schedule a visit?
Very good questions. I really feel like those states that are chomping at the bit to re-open even though their death rate hasn't begun to drop are using the public as their own personal experiment...ESPECIALLY if they aren't making masks in public along with social distancing mandatory.

Lilofan

Phase 1 to reopen Florida starts Monday May 4, but will exclude Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties.
If theme parks are phase 3, doesn't look like WDW will not open until fall or winter 2020 at the earliest. The $600 per week stimulus checks that some started receiving in April will run out after 24 weeks.

lazyboy97o

I am nervous about our attractions. I wonder if Flight of Passage will remain 3D during this phase. For some attractions, I couldn't care less but it really is what makes the attraction feel so real... I don't know too much about the glasses cleaning process.
They are to an extent from what I understand. How cautious they're going to be is what I'm wondering.
The glasses are washed in what is essentially a commercial dishwasher.

WDW spans both Orange and Osceola counties.
But the vast majority of guest facilities, including all four theme parks, are in Orange County. The All Star Resorts are the major guest area in Osceola County.

Lilofan

Quick question.. how long does a phase go? Do certain numbers have to be met?
I have always thought about that. The powers that be I think look at dwindling numbers to move into phase 2. I can see folks going into malls, libraries and anywhere that has AC in Florida since running the AC 24/7 during the hot summer in Florida costs $$ and some may not be able to afford.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
In Ga they are testing thousands more people per day than they were several weeks ago so of course there will be an increase in cases. The death rate has not increased though, its actually slowed down. And thats not even mentioning the fact (yes fact) that many deaths in which covid is not the cause of death are still counted as a covid death. And Governor Kemp was going off several data models, not strictly the CDC's. And can you blame him? The CDC hasnt had their act together from day one.

I believe that those who are ready to begin to open the country back up are absolutely in favor of doing it safely, slowly and with all precautions necessary. The fact that they are no longer allowing themselves to be terrified by every boogey man story the media presents is why they are consistently labelled as dangerous and painted as people who just want every sector of society to open the flood gates of doom and despair.

Which media is that?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 5.34.02 PM.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Some good news

We don't know if it's good news. There's one trial with good results and another whose conclusion is that it doesn't do anything.

This is the beginning of another trial. We have to wait to see if it's good news.

csmartin

Restaurants at 25% capacity aren’t going to make a profit.
I can't see Phase 1 lasting long. There's no way with millions of people coming to Florida and what is accessible to do this longer than they can collect data and keep it moving. I get folks that are 65 and older having some sort of guidelines but the numbers up to age 45 is statistically low. I'm not talking those with underying conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom